Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:50   #91
BHPian

Kitna Deti hai?

Kitna deti hai? one question came to everyone's mind when W124 confirmed its participation. Now I see bikers(CBRs) got 32-35kmpl through the trip. Obvious question is how much did we manage to get?

I managed 19.8kmpl, with AC on through the return journey on a door to door distance of 687 km. Avg speed till Hassan 109kmph, trip avg speed 73kmph.

What were you guys observations?

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd February 2012 at 18:24. Reason: Highest speed info removed.
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

I managed to get 22.56 kmpl with 95% AC. The 6th gear played a major role here which kept the rpm levels low at high speeds. The total distance driven was almost 665 km. The fuel indicator needle was pointing half way between half and the 1/4th marking of the tank after the trip.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 22nd February 2012 at 16:13.
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)

670 km on my trip computer, 42 litres of petrol, translates to 15.95 kmpl. And this includes the time the car was idling when it was being used as a music system.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:32   #94
Senior - BHPian

620 Km on my trip computer, 32 liters of petrol burnt, around 19.35 KMPL not bad I presume considering the speeds/broken tarmac.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:33   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
shishir_bn : Sirji, do you those Silhouettes snap which we took on the top of the hill and also those where we kept the coffee cup and took the snaps
@Shishir, the pics I took of the coffee cup didnt come out good. For the others, pls PM me your mail id. I will forward those - and also the original pics of you & your son.

Quote:
KarthikK : kit - 18-55mm stock + 55-200mm telephoto.
See ? Simple example of not what equipment one has, but what one does with the equipment one has. I probably had a better lens, but Karthik's pics were much better. Even if you discount the point that he has PP'ed the pics, the composition is still much better. And the PP is also done well.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:46   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
See ? Simple example of not what equipment one has, but what one does with the equipment one has. I probably had a better lens, but Karthik's pics were much better. Even if you discount the point that he has PP'ed the pics, the composition is still much better. And the PP is also done well.
The Next team BHP meet will be strictly on photography, no car discussions, there are so many things to learn from KK,RC And Only C...
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:49   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
The Next team BHP meet will be strictly on photography, no car discussions, ...
A TBHP meet & no car talk ? Dream on, @ASDon ..

What may be possible is a TBHP meet - with some photography talk thrown in for a change. We have the official meet organizer, the official photographer both right here !!
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:55   #98
Team-BHP Support

Continuing from where I left off - After freshening up and packing up post-breakfast, I just finished zipping up the kitbag when I heard some sort of commotion outside our room. It was around 10am, and I could hear some sort of crowd noise - the kind that you hear when there is a film shooting going on in the middle of the road, or the kind of noise you hear when a bunch of anxious students wait for their exam results to be announced. When I went down the first flight of stairs, the noise increased. I could now spot a couple of people taking photos of someone, or something. I didn't know those people. They were probably from the techies' gang or some other guests, but they were trying desperately to photograph something. One particular chap after taking a photo had a proud smile on his face when he walked away, conveying a sense of achievement. What was so interesting there? Curiosity got the better of me.

As I went closer, I saw there were lots of people surrounding something, or someone. The crowd was mostly made up of BHPians with cameras, and a few BHPians without cameras. Of course, there were non-BHPians with cameras as well. What were they trying to photograph? Was it a nabbed burglar? Hell no.. that cannot be. Why would someone want to photograph a burglar, unless the burglar happened to be Katrina Kaif or Cameron Diaz. By any chance, was it a captured tiger or leopard? Was it a king cobra? Or like I guessed before, was it some celebrity who had come to the resort?

After elbowing my way through the crowd, I found out I was right - I saw 4 celebrities at the centre of attention. These 4 celebrities were from Team-BHP. The other BHPians were attacking them mercilessly, trying to take photographs in different angles. Now, when a lot of people do something, the others who join in late are tempted to do the same thing; And so, I joined in the photography spree of these 4 celebrities.

Here are some group shots and solo shots of the biker celebrities who were the stars of the day

The 4 celebrities at the resort entrance
(L-R) - rk_sans (santosh) on the Honda CBR250R, ku69rd (Mahesh) on the Yamaha FZ1, n_Aditya (Aditya) on the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, niranjanrvce (Niranjan) also on Honda CBR250R
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0196.jpg

ku69rd: Mine is bigger and has 4 cylinders ; n_aditya: Grrrr...
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0185.jpg

niranjanrvce getting ready for the photoshoot
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0186.jpg

The star of the event - the green Ninja attracted most of the attention
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0190.jpg

Posing for the official photographer
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0192.jpg

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0194.jpg

Solo shots -

niranjanrvce - Honda CBR 250R
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0198.jpg

n_aditya - Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0199.jpg

ku69rd - Yamaha FZ1
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0200.jpg

rk_sans - Honda CBR 250R
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0202.jpg

And this man was the culprit for all that commotion, and the head of the paparazzi
Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-dsc_0204.jpg

what were the other BHPians doing during and after this photoshoot? That will be uploaded in my next post. To be continued...

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd February 2012 at 20:08.
KarthikK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:28   #99
BHPian

What a pleasant trip indeed and I can feel what I missed through the moments that have been captured ! I guess I should have joined in too instead of lazying off at home. Darn.

The 'mass overtaking' must have been funny and jaw-dropping indeed.

Karthikk's write-up/photoshoot and schoudhary's photos enlive the experience partially if not wholly.

How did the W124 fare along the whole trip? Waiting to hear from the owner.

All in all, I think this thread will be my teaser for the next Bangalore TBHP trip.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:21   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Kitna deti hai? one question came to everyone's mind when W124 confirmed its participation. Now I see bikers(CBRs) got 32-35kmpl through the trip. Obvious question is how much did we manage to get?

I managed 19.8kmpl, with AC on through the return journey on a door to door distance of 687 km. Avg speed till Hassan 109kmph, trip avg speed 73kmph.

What were you guys observations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I managed to get 22.56 kmpl with 95% AC. The 6th gear played a major role here which kept the rpm levels low at high speeds. The total distance driven was almost 665 km. The fuel indicator needle was pointing half way between half and the 1/4th marking of the tank after the trip.
19.8kmpl with 46 Rs. per litre of fuel!! and now guyfrmblr says ~23kmpl! Gross injustice this is!! Man you diesel guys are really lucky!

The Jet managed 16kmpl while going from here. On the ghat sections, with afterburner engaged (3rd gear turbo blasts) it managed 12.2kmpl . On the return journey I got around 14.5kmpl with moderate ripping and partial cruising. The AC was on throughout the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

@Karthik: your car was "unrealy" clean and boy is it fast or what! The stint on NICE road was awesome!

PS: guys, my name is "Shreyansh" not "Shreyan". Its a little difficult to pronounce hence the short form "Shrey"
Haha thanks!
Oops my bad! I seem to have mis-spelt your name in my previous posts. Shreyansh/Shrey sounds better, will keep it in mind for future posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
620 Km on my trip computer, 32 liters of petrol burnt, around 19.35 KMPL not bad I presume considering the speeds/broken tarmac.
19.35 kmpl for a 1000cc monster sounds great. I guess the convoy's "high" speeds were like running a splendor at 40kmph mileage zone for your FZ1

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd February 2012 at 21:39.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:55   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

I averaged 13 kmpl till the estate. And that included some only 2nd and 3rd gear stuff....

On the way back, I just let it rip. I changed the display mode so that I didnt see the fuel economy figure and by the time I got back to B'lore and tanked up at Shell, it had dropped to 11.7kmpl on the trip meter and 11.4 by actually calculating the amount of petrol I needed to fill the entire tank.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The star of the event - the green Ninja attracted most of the attention

Attachment 892332
I wonder why Mahesh looks so upset.

P.S. Nice captions Karthik
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
How did the W124 fare along the whole trip? Waiting to hear from the owner.
My W124 fared quite well, on the straights, on the ghats/twists and on the bad roads too. This was my 4th long trip after Goa, Bandipur and Mumbai (got the car from there). The max I touched in this trip was 150 kmph. I am sure she's capable of more but didn't wanted to stretch too much. After all, its a 15 year old car . Lets see some other time.
Got an average of around 10.8 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Seriously Karthik, damn awesome pics!!! The lake pics look like some lake in some European country woods. I was thinking from a long time to do a photoshoot for my W124. Now I know whom to approach
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:32   #104
BHPian

Guys, Missed the meet this time by the last minute.

Like I had informed, we had a death in the family and had to leave on Friday itself. With no flights going to Bhopal, I had to fly to Nagpur and take a taxi to Bhopal. The drive was horrid with bad or no roads at all on the NH69!

Anyways, it looks like you guys had a fabulous time and the pics are doing a lot of talking. Please upload more pics so we can live the trip fully.

Will definitely looking forward to make it to the next one.

Avijit - thanks for arranging everything, even though I could not make it. But it takes a lot of effort and time to do what you did!

The bikes look fab!
Old 23rd February 2012, 07:36   #105
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, seems like you guys had a blast ! I missed this one, will definitely be there for the next. Superb pictures and thanks for sharing.
And thanks for the update on NH206, should try that one, maybe another quick meet sometime ?

Last edited by NPV : 23rd February 2012 at 07:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks