Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 12:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Want to meet at the SEEPZ, Mumbai?

Hello,

I have started this thread for the information of fellow T-BHP-ians.

SEEPZ is a SEZ (Special Econnomic Zone) in Mumbai & Jewellery exporters, Software & Electronic Hardware companies are based inside it. Almost 40% yes, 40% of India jewellery exports are handled from SEEPZ, Mumbai. It is a fairly large (111 acres) & well-maintained premises with 150+ companies. We also have a beautifully maintained lake (Deval Talao) inside SEEPZ

The reason for starting the thread is recently I came to know of a fellow T-BHP-ian (Sha09mel) who is based on the same floor where I work, which was pretty astonishing for both of us.

I request other T-BHP members working inside SEEPZ please come forth & introduce themselves.

Thanks,
Old 5th March 2012, 12:24   #2
BHPian

Re: How many TBHP-ians working inside SEEPZ, Mumbai?

Hi Jignesh,

I work at Seepz too! My office is at the Seepz++ Towers near Gate 3. Good to know about fellow members in the neighborhood.

Although SEEPZ is well maintained, the lack of good eateries and the silly security procedures are a big let down. Also, the traffic scene is a mess during peak hours.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 12:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Hi Jignesh,

I work at Seepz too! My office is at the Seepz++ Towers near Gate 3. Good to know about fellow members in the neighborhood.

Although SEEPZ is well maintained, the lack of good eateries and the silly security procedures are a big let down. Also, the traffic scene is a mess during peak hours.
Hello Trek,

Thank you for your response & good to know you too are working very close. I (infact we, myself & Sha09mel) are based very close to the lake (Deval Talao) & Gate no. 2.

Regarding eateries, luckily I work with a software company where we have good canteen & variety of food options so generally do not need to go out. But yes for parties & celebrations are need to travel to Tunga or Sun City in MIDC, Andheri.

As far as security procedure is comcerned, SEEPZ is a SEZ (Special Economic Zone) so all the goods manufactured here are meant for export & hence are duty free & should not be sold in local market. Also MMTC (Minerals & Metal Trading Corporation of India) has its wareshouse inside SEEPZ, which handles precious metals so security needs to be tight. Also as most of the units here are Jewellery manufactures, there has to be a control over who enters inside SEEPZ.

Thanks,
Old 5th March 2012, 12:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding eateries, luckily I work with a software company where we have good canteen & variety of food options so generally do not need to go out. But yes for parties & celebrations are need to travel to Tunga or Sun City in MIDC, Andheri.
Sun City has recently opened a new restaurant inside SEEPZ, near Gate 3, you might wanna give it a try someday.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2012 at 21:16. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 5th March 2012, 14:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sun City has recently opened a new restaurant inside SEEPZ, near Gate 3, you might wanna give it a try someday.
Hello Trek,

Yes. I have seen that Sun City outlet in SEEPZ near Gate No. 3. let us see if there are sizable number of T-BHP-ians in SEEPZ, then we can schedule a meet there someday. By the way, have you been to this new Sun City inside SEEPZ?

For your information, I pass through Gate No. 3 everyday, as I stay at Malad & travel via JVLR.

Thanks,
Old 5th March 2012, 14:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jignesh,

My first job was in SEEPZ (98-99), in IMRglobal, not known as CGI. Then the fod used to be good in IGH, new IGH, Kaydee's and Chiense Kaydee's...

\N
Old 5th March 2012, 15:00   #7
BHPian

Re: Want to meet at the SEEPZ, Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Trek,

Yes. I have seen that Sun City outlet in SEEPZ near Gate No. 3. let us see if there are sizable number of T-BHP-ians in SEEPZ, then we can schedule a meet there someday. By the way, have you been to this new Sun City inside SEEPZ?

For your information, I pass through Gate No. 3 everyday, as I stay at Malad & travel via JVLR.

Thanks,
Yes, I have been to the cafeteria that they have opened alongside the fine dining restaurant. The food and ambiance is good.
I stay at Kandivali, we travel on the same route. Maybe we can meet up someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
My first job was in SEEPZ (98-99), in IMRglobal, not known as CGI. Then the fod used to be good in IGH, new IGH, Kaydee's and Chiense Kaydee's...

\N
I guess you are referring to the Indian Coffee House (ICH). Kaydees still exists and yea their Chinese dishes are quite popular.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:51   #8
BHPian

Hi,

Another Seepz person. Recently shifted my work location from Thane to Seepz, work at Intersil building (TCS).

Lets plan a lunch meet sometime. I am not aware of the Sun City in Seepz. Is the Seepz gate 3 same as the Seepz North Gate? I enter through that gate everyday.

And yeah, some of the security protocols are quite painful. I have to get a Car Pass issued and i'm told that no new car passes will be issued till 15th April. Till then it's the bus/rick for me.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Hi,

Another Seepz person. Recently shifted my work location from Thane to Seepz, work at Intersil building (TCS).

Lets plan a lunch meet sometime. I am not aware of the Sun City in Seepz. Is the Seepz gate 3 same as the Seepz North Gate? I enter through that gate everyday.

And yeah, some of the security protocols are quite painful. I have to get a Car Pass issued and i'm told that no new car passes will be issued till 15th April. Till then it's the bus/rick for me.
Hello Superbee,

Good to know you too are working in SEEPZ. To your surprise, I am working for the same company & based in SDF VII.

Yes. North gate of SEEPZ is Gate No. 3. Have you not seen Sun City yet? It is very close to Intersil building. Infact we came there for Lunch on Friday. Currently the scheme is Rs. 199 per person for unlimited Buffet Lunch.

Thanks,
Old 19th March 2012, 12:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Hi,

Yup! The security at Seepz is quite a harassment for the first timers but people get use to it after sometime. This is mainly due to the numerous jewelry manufacturing units based inside.
You could ask your company to issue a daily car pass until they provide you with the yearly pass.

Quote:
Hello Superbee,

Good to know you too are working in SEEPZ. To your surprise, I am working for the same company & based in SDF VII.
Guess I am the odd one here not working for an IT company..hehe.
Old 19th March 2012, 12:26   #11
lsp
BHPian

I work in the same company as Jignesh and superbee. I was at the GE ODC and then IT9, SDF VII from 2003-05. We had numerous 'onsite parties' at the Chinese Kaydees.
Old 19th March 2012, 12:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
I work in the same company as Jignesh and superbee. I was at the GE ODC and then IT9, SDF VII from 2003-05. We had numerous 'onsite parties' at the Chinese Kaydees.
Hello LSP,

For your information, I am currently based in IT9 at SDF VII. So what made you move from Mumbai to Delhi?

Was it Location Transfer by choice or by force?

Thanks,
Old 19th March 2012, 13:07   #13
lsp
BHPian

I guess until recently IT9 was occupied by the kotak fellows.

Anyway, the transfer was by force, but the other way around. I landed in Delhi upon my return from onsite in 2007 and refused to come down to Mumbai. They had to transfer me after a few months.

Quote:
Hello LSP,

For your information, I am currently based in IT9 at SDF VII. So what made you move from Mumbai to Delhi?

Was it Location Transfer by choice or by force?

Thanks,
Old 19th March 2012, 13:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Yup! The security at Seepz is quite a harassment for the first timers but people get use to it after sometime. This is mainly due to the numerous jewelry manufacturing units based inside.
You could ask your company to issue a daily car pass until they provide you with the yearly pass.

Guess I am the odd one here not working for an IT company..hehe.
Make that two!

Regarding the daily car pass, I still don't understand why wouldn't the security personnel at the gate use a bar code scanner instead of manually writing down the car pass number in the diary. The driver needs to park the car ahead, walk back down the narrow road and collect the pass, its a crude way of working.

Also, the dumbest architect award needs to be given to the person who designed Gate 3, how can you possibly have pedestrians and cars crossing each other?!
Old 30th March 2012, 09:55   #15
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone aware of the gymnasium which opened in Seepz few months earlier? I tried locating it but there are no sign boards or banners.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks