Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where would you like this Mega meet to be held? (Multiple choice poll)
NH1 around Karnal 12 34.29%
NH1 but somewhere closer 16 45.71%
NH8 12 34.29%
Within the city limits 10 28.57%
I have a better suggestion 0 0%
I may not be able to join anywhere 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 11:49   #166
BHPian

re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet @ Haveli on 8th April 2012. Edit: Pics on pg 14, 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Is this the shortest way to reach border from south Delhi? I stay in Saket so wanted to know any other route i can take.

PS: I am very bad with directions except for south delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Nitin I am not sure about the shortest but it is surely the easiest way to come. Take the ring road and just go dead straight and you will reach the bypass. Infact well before that we can meet up on ring road itself and proceed together from there.
Route seems ok but dont take left after wazirpur towards azadpur. Instead go straight to catch the NH1 Bypass road and turn left towards bypass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am at India Gate, and I have NO clue right now as to where I should head.
So far, the plan is MMI/Gmaps.
anyone nearby who's passing through central delhi, lemme know, please?
http://g.co/maps/zkqwu is also an optional route

Last edited by rohitbagai : 5th April 2012 at 11:57.
Old 5th April 2012, 17:01   #167
BHPian

re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet @ Haveli on 8th April 2012. Edit: Pics on pg 14, 15

I am in. I'll be joining with my non member friend, hope its fine with you all. Starting from paschim vihar, so anybody coming from that side can join us.

What time are we supposed to meet at mukarba chowk CNG station?
Old 5th April 2012, 17:03   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
What time are we supposed to meet at mukarba chowk CNG station?
8:30 AM, April 8th 2012.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:16   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Route seems ok but dont take left after wazirpur towards azadpur. Instead go straight to catch the NH1 Bypass road and turn left towards bypass.
Why not take left from wazirpur? Is the road condition bad? If i go straight it will be a longer route i guess, but if the roads are fine and traffic too, then i can take a longer route.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:22   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

Why not take left from wazirpur? Is the road condition bad? If i go straight it will be a longer route i guess, but if the roads are fine and traffic too, then i can take a longer route.
Roads are ok but the traffic is unruly. Those loaded autowalas create jam like situation at each signal.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:47   #171
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
If you take left form Wazirpur, you have 9 signals to cross to reach Mukarba chowk. The ones at Madhuban chowk and Rohini Jail are the worst. Go straight from wazirpur and you have less no of signals to cross plus light trafiic on sunday morning. It is a bit longer but better flowing route.
Old 5th April 2012, 20:17   #172
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

With just 2 days to for the meet ( well almost), i would like to mention all the details for the meet in this post.

As of now we have 18 members who are confirmed for this meet, so with only 17 confirmations we can't book the hall in advance with buffet breakfast and all. So to avoid all the cash hassles of booking hall their in advance, we've dropped the idea of prebooking.

So now members can order whatever they want and pay accordingly.

There aren't any changes in the venue.

So Venue- Haveli @murthal and Timings- all the member who all are coming from delhi are requested to reach the following location sharply by 8:30 AM.

Here's the place where we all will be gathering and from hereon we will be driving in convoy and will be at haveli by 9-15 max.

Mukarba Chowk towards NH1 the first CNG station you see on the left hand side (its down below in the service lane but you dont have to leave the NH1) . You wont have any problems waiting/parking at that place. And ride from there onwards is free flow.

28.745779,77.151859 - Google Maps

Those who want to enjoy extended drive on the highway and will be leaving early are requested to reach haveli by 9-15.

Here's the haveli on the map :-

29.068394,77.06111 - Google Maps

Those who are confirmed and haven't pm'ed me their cell no. please do it as soon as possible, as we are gathering on highway so we have to make coordination accordingly, so cell no. will be of great help.

All those members who will be at 8-30 sharply will get a surprise gift from me

Here's the latest updated list-

1- sameerg001
2- streetaddict
3- nitin
4- drmohitg
5- sidindica
6- rohit
7- beast_within
8- bandhav
9- varunsonu
10- amit2025
11- V&V
12- mayankk
13- amit singla
14- headbanger
15- humans
16- SJD@NewDelhi
17- ramneek009

Guys please maintain speed limit accordingly, there are lot of speed guns running on the route so please avoid driving above 90kmph on the highway, please drive in speed limit and please carry all necessary documents of car to avoid hassles during meet day.

I hope i haven't missed any point.

All those members who are having extra team-bhp stickers can bring the stickers just to share the love

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 5th April 2012 at 20:19.
Old 5th April 2012, 21:48   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

I hope i haven't missed any point.
You have. Do carry a camera and don't forget to post lots of pictures of the meet.

PS - I am leaving for Ahmedabad for a interview so am not coming (already PMed Sameer for that).

Have fun guys! and Thanks again Sameer for taking the initiative for this meet. Cheers!

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th April 2012 at 21:51.
Old 6th April 2012, 02:40   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
There is one rule for the route that would fit all Hop on to outer ring road where ever you start from, east/west/south/central Delhi, it will lead you to the bypass.
Thanks for the suggestion, Rohit. With d help of your suggestion and constant mailing with Sameer, I've decided on the following route. My starting point will be from Maharani bagh, South Delhi where I will be joined by my friend from Noida.

Maharani Bagh (via Mahatma Gandhi Marg) -> Sarai Kale Khan ISBT -> Indraprastha Metro -> Moti Masjid (not exactly passing hrough it, bt I found it d landmark of tat area) -> Kashmere Gate ISBT -> Majnu ka Tilla (via NH1 bypass/ Dr. KB Hedgewar Marg) -> Azadpur bypass -> CNG Pump@Mukarba Chowk.

We will be departing from Maharani Bagh on bikes at around 6:00am; me think there will ample time to reach Mukarba Chowk CNG Pump at around 8:30am with time to spare.

Regards the route, in case anyone wants to join me, do drop a mail at "maina@yahoo.co.in"; additionally any feedback regarding the route I've choosen will be most welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hello everyone,

Here's the latest updated list-

1- sameerg001
2- streetaddict
3- nitin
4- drmohitg
5- sidindica
6- rohit
7- beast_within
8- bandhav
9- varunsonu
10- amit2025
11- V&V
12- mayankk
13- amit singla
14- headbanger
15- humans
16- SJD@NewDelhi
17- ramneek009

Sameer
Hey Sameer,

don't forget to include my non-member friend to the list (name is - Gaurav). My bro may also join us but not confirmed as of now; so will inform about him later.

Regards,
Suraj.
Old 6th April 2012, 10:44   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post

Regards the route, in case anyone wants to join me, do drop a mail at "maina@yahoo.co.in";
Edit: id is maina(underscore)0123@yahoo.co.in
Old 6th April 2012, 13:40   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You have. Do carry a camera and don't forget to post lots of pictures of the meet.

PS - I am leaving for Ahmedabad for a interview so am not coming (already PMed Sameer for that).

Have fun guys! and Thanks again Sameer for taking the initiative for this meet. Cheers!
Wasn't that a basic thing, how can a meet happen without camera and lots of photographs

BTW you took initiative so credit goes to you for this and i just took the lead to ensure that it happens

Looking forward to meet you in future meets.

Cheers
Sameer

Quote:
We will be departing from Maharani Bagh on bikes at around 6:00am; me think there will ample time to reach Mukarba Chowk CNG Pump at around 8:30am with time to spare.
Don't leave so early, leave at 7-15 and you'll be there by 8 or max 8-10. If you'll leave at 6 you'll be there by 7, leave at 7 and still you will be having alot of time to spare.

Quote:
Hey Sameer, don't forget to include my non-member friend to the list (name is - Gaurav). My bro may also join us but not confirmed as of now; so will inform about him later.

Regards,
Suraj.
Yes sir i know about your friend status , but the list i've mentioned above are of members so haven't included any friend/family members of BHPian's.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 6th April 2012, 14:45   #177
Senior - BHPian

I wont be able to make it this time guys.
Have fun,click lots of pics and drive safe.
Old 7th April 2012, 09:39   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

The strangest part about the thread is that its gone so quiet now when the real time for the meet has come .
Old 7th April 2012, 10:05   #179
Senior - BHPian

^^Let's break the jinx by making this meet big, looking forward to see you tomorrow.
Old 7th April 2012, 10:45   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The strangest part about the thread is that its gone so quiet now when the real time for the meet has come .
Exactly, less then 24 hours for the meet and thread has gone quiet.

BTW i will be bumping upon you @punjabi bagh, 8"o clock enroute to highway. From thereon we will continue together, what say ?

Sameer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
^^Let's break the jinx by making this meet big, looking forward to see you tomorrow.

Looking forward to see you all tomorrow.

P.S It seems like i will be the youngest BHPian in this meet

Cheers
Sameer
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks