Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 11:15   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatadutta View Post
The only concern may be traffic snarls at that unearthly hour.
That is a very good point. We went to CCD (before Azad Hind Dhaba) the next evening and got held up for quite sometime due to huge number of trucks on both NH2 and Kona while coming back at around 10:30 p.m.

Quote:
@BlackPearl I had made the same observation but since I'm a newbie and a first timer in the Kolkata chapter, couldn't understand if that was the norm or a result of an eclectic mix.
That is absolutely not the norm. I think it happened this time due to the unprecedented number of new comers to the meet and lack of proper introduction. People who knew each other from previous meets formed smaller groups. From next time onwards we will consciously try to avoid this and hope that everybody will play their part in it. But overall an awesome meet and an unexpected turnover. Hope this trend continues.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:27   #92
BHPian

Re: Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
And finally - How could you miss the showgirl (The "Premium" tissue box needs to go boss, get a good looking black leather tissue box please.) -
He! He! Thanks a ton for the pics. I definitely would like to have high resolution versions of those. If possible, TIFF files.

The "Premium" is there to stay, Sir. It kind of makes a point that what you are looking at is premium.

Last edited by XetaGLGRocks : 11th April 2012 at 11:28.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:47   #93
BHPian

Coming back at night on NH2 is a pain. I have experienced it multiple times. One time I was caught up for more than 2 hours near Shaktigarh.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Another P.S: is anybody game for an early morning drive to Maithon and back? Preferably watch the sunrise?
Am in . Just that if its before my suspension work gets done, you need to give me a ride
Old 11th April 2012, 12:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Start at 11pm on a Sat night, have a late dinner and head back around 3. Wotsay?
Shuvc - good idea! but i will have to hitch a ride. i cannot see at night

How about a late night in-city meet?
Old 11th April 2012, 13:04   #96

Hello @everyone, there's a particular stretch in New Town / Rajarhat that is a wonderful drive and has been nicknamed Maut ka Kua by our FDSUVE characteristically due to its low / no lighting conditions. A convoy of Bhpians driving down a predetermined route starting there and then onto E.M Byepass passing Science City, Tangra, Bridge No. 4, Zeeshan, (the tarmac from here is nicknamed F1) A.J.C Road Flyover, Turf Club, Vidya Sagar Setu, Princep Ghat, Eden Gardens, Red Road, Park Street, Ballygunje Circular Road Sharma's / Azad Hind Dhaba. Whoa!! If thats not enough then we continue on Gariahat, Southern Avenue, Menaka Cinema, S. P Mukherjee Road, Anwar Shah, South City, back on the E.M Byepass, Highland Park-U-Turn, Ruby, Parama Island, ITC Hotel, time to go HOME. At the dead of the night the roads shall be quite empty and our road manners however impeccable shall be put to test. Just a rough idea for a city drive n meet. What say members??
Old 11th April 2012, 13:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Hello @everyone, there's a particular stretch in New Town / Rajarhat that is a wonderful drive and has been nicknamed Maut ka Kua by our FDSUVE characteristically due to its low / no lighting conditions. A convoy of Bhpians driving down a predetermined route starting there and then onto E.M Byepass passing Science City, Tangra, Bridge No. 4, Zeeshan, (the tarmac from here is nicknamed F1) A.J.C Road Flyover, Turf Club, Vidya Sagar Setu, Princep Ghat, Eden Gardens, Red Road, Park Street, Ballygunje Circular Road Sharma's / Azad Hind Dhaba. Whoa!! If thats not enough then we continue on Gariahat, Southern Avenue, Menaka Cinema, S. P Mukherjee Road, Anwar Shah, South City, back on the E.M Byepass, Highland Park-U-Turn, Ruby, Parama Island, ITC Hotel, time to go HOME. At the dead of the night the roads shall be quite empty and our road manners however impeccable shall be put to test. Just a rough idea for a city drive n meet. What say members??
That is a brilliant idea. When are we doing it? Please do keep all your vehicle documents in place with you. KP might go mad seeing all those cars driving together and start following you. I once had such an experience when my friend driving his brand new Tata Sumo started going round and round at Golpark. Jadavpur was WBP at that time so we had to turn towards Jadavpur and vanish when the patrol started chasing us.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:03   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Well, the next one could be a night meet at the same place

Start at 11pm on a Sat night, have a late dinner and head back around 3. Wotsay?

And this time, non-veg
11PM to 3 AM might be a overkill. No one will be there to open the gate for me at home at that hour.

6PM to 10 PM is more doable even on a Saturday (I will be off frm office by then for sure )

Non-Veg is OK but also need something to wash it down
Old 11th April 2012, 15:14   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarshim View Post
Coming back at night on NH2 is a pain. I have experienced it multiple times. One time I was caught up for more than 2 hours near Shaktigarh.
I agree. As night progresses the truck traffic towards Kolkata becomes an absolute pain to negotiate. I have done this and it needs some really deft dodging through the maze of trucks to keep up with the schedule. Even the westward bound traffic sees snarls, case in point, ADC who was stuck at the start of his Ladakh trip last year and took 9 hours to reach Asansol

How about NH117/Diamond Harbor Road beyond Amtala? Any decent place that side? The traffic should be fairly less that side.
Old 11th April 2012, 17:04   #100
Team-BHP Support

This car wanted to join but the gang fled before it could happen. This guy must be a future TBhpian. Kudos to him for learning to drive at 6 a.m in the morning and that too on a Saturday!!

Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-dsc_4672.jpg

Quote:
Hello @everyone, there's a particular stretch in New Town / Rajarhat that is a wonderful drive and has been nicknamed Maut ka Kua by our FDSUVE characteristically due to its low / no lighting conditions.
When is the next FDSUVE meet?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th April 2012 at 17:06.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

There was something wrong with my camera. Not sure why parts of some pics were coming out of focus (wasn't due to larger aperture chosen).

However, here are some that were somewhat okayish given the conditions

Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-img_5168.jpg

Three Fords back to back. Marengo was super scared.
Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-img_5162.jpg

Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-img_5173.jpg

He wasn't posing actually
Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-img_5177.jpg

Gimme Red. But the problem can be seen in this pic. It was f5.6, nothing that usually would blur the other cars.
Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-img_5178.jpg
Old 12th April 2012, 18:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Three Fords back to back. Marengo was super scared.
I can see Sabby's 1.6 & Premjit's 1.6S and another Manza. where is the third ford?

Marengo was scared?

Quote:
But the problem can be seen in this pic. It was f5.6, nothing that usually would blur the other cars.
what is this f5.6? your camera lens? what happened to it?
Old 12th April 2012, 18:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I can see Sabby's 1.6 & Premjit's 1.6S and another Manza. where is the third ford?
It was my Ford cap following the two Ford cars.
Old 12th April 2012, 19:33   #104
BHPian

Quote:
There was something wrong with my camera. Not sure why parts of some pics were coming out of focus (wasn't due to larger aperture chosen).

But the problem can be seen in this pic. It was f5.6, nothing that usually would blur the other cars.
Interesting! There can be several reasons -
1) Dirt / fingerprint on lens/filter - note that the hazy part is on the left of the frame in every image.
2) Incorrectly fitted lens
3) Lens internal alignment problem - did you drop the camera/lens by any chance?
4) Dirt on the sensor - very low possibility but not impossible

If you are still getting this after checking the above, please get it serviced.
Old 12th April 2012, 19:46   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting! There can be several reasons -
1) Dirt / fingerprint on lens/filter - note that the hazy part is on the left of the frame in every image.
Yes, thats right, its even happening now

Quote:
2) Incorrectly fitted lens
Not possible as its a fixed lens cam.

Quote:
3) Lens internal alignment problem - did you drop the camera/lens by any chance?
Precisely. The camera dropped from my hand just as I reached the Dankuni toll gate meeting point. As I note, all pictures taken from this point onwards have this problem?

So what do I do? drop it again? so that it lands on its right side.

Most Viewed