Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 19:56   #1
BHPian

Jamshedpur Meet : 1st time ever.

I am thinking of a team-bhp meet sometime in July in Jamshedpur. Since this is going to be the first meet here, i suggest everybody(read JH/BR/OD/WB) to pitch-in with their suggestions for place/date and other details. 3 members are coming over to Jamshedpur in July for personal reasons : vCash, Vipin Kumar, entropy. Maybe we can meet up then with all others who can come from Kolkata, ranchi, etc. The fare from Ranchi-jamshedpur is Rs. 200 for Mercedes AC Bus. Quite affordable. Location should be Jamshedpur because its in a central position to the above mentioned states plus 4 members are primarily coming here. Comments/Criticisms/Suggestion/Advice awaited.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Jamshedpur Meet : 1st time ever.

Thats great news.
I am currently in Mumbai and shall definitely meet up whenever I come down.(no plans in July though, maybe during chath)
I suggest that you guys should meet up at Babua jee's Tea stall
Old 17th April 2012, 15:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
I am thinking of a team-bhp meet sometime in July in Jamshedpur. Maybe we can meet up then with all others who can come from Kolkata, ranchi, etc. The fare from Ranchi-jamshedpur is Rs. 200 for Mercedes AC Bus. Quite affordable.
Do you expect the esteemed members of this forum to participate in any meet by alighting from AC buses, although that may be convenient?
Please excuse me for saying that every member wishes to bring his own car along, in every meet, however cheap and inexpensive may that be. For all of us our own car is both unique and priceless.
I have personally driven to Jamshedpur from Calcutta inumerable times at past, over last three decades, but given the present road condition in NH 6 and the Bahragora Jamshedpur highway (Guess that is NH 33), I seriously doubt whether it is a good option.
Please do enjoy the meet and share with us the happenings of the event and please upload many photos for us to enjoy. Eagerly awaiting for the success of the event.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 17th April 2012 at 15:16.
Old 17th April 2012, 15:28   #4
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I am originally from Ranchi and I may be there in July. Not yet confirmed but its highly likely that I will be there for the meet. I will keep you guys updated about it.
Old 17th April 2012, 19:04   #5
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We suggest you read our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2012 at 16:49.
Old 17th April 2012, 20:48   #6
BHPian

I am in bokaro. I would love to chip in. What stops me is lack of a
1. Good road between bokaro & jamshedpur. The road From Chas ITI more to purulia (WB) is in excellent condition but afterwards, its better not to be discussed. Also its not safe to travel in this stretch after dawn. My family wont allow me to drive owing to such pathetic conditions.

2. Lack of trains and timings (purushottam & neelachal)

3. Lack of good bus services.

I seriously regret the conditions here, which prevents us for such meets.

I don't know much about JAMPOT, but Guys, decide the venue and time and i will seriously try to be there.
Old 21st July 2013, 17:16   #7

Just to let you know that I am based in Jamshedpur & would be Honoured to provide any assistance if needed.
Old 9th June 2016, 12:17   #8
BHPian

calling out people in jamshedpur. Lets plan something. I remember reading people all over BIH/JH are now coming to JSR to service their Skodas, maybe we plan in sync with them
Old 9th June 2016, 12:36   #9
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
calling out people in jamshedpur. Lets plan something. I remember reading people all over BIH/JH are now coming to JSR to service their Skodas, maybe we plan in sync with them
Slightly Off-Topic: Yes for Skoda's people used to drive down to Jamshedpur or Kolkata. But now Ranchi has Skoda, Renault, Audi, BMW, Hyosung showrooms and soon the city will have Mercedes Benz and Jaguar Land Rover as well so the drive to Jamshedpur won't be needed to get cars serviced.

As regards to the meet, I might come to Ranchi and Jamshedpur sometime later this year. But that is still a long way to go. I will keep myself updated through this thread if frequent meets are being planned henceforth so that I can plan my travel accordingly. Whenever I visit Ranchi, I meet fellow bhpians there so it would be great if we can plan a mega-meet comprising of bhpians from nearby places as well.
Old 13th June 2016, 05:59   #10

We all at Jamshedpur a k a Jampot are a multi ethnic society where all are welcome with open arms. Your attempt for this meet is appreciated and do let me know if you people need any assistance regarding fooding, lodging and the miscellaneous. Regards Rajesh. Big Cat.
Old 13th June 2016, 07:55   #11
Team-BHP Support

Guilty as charged, I was supposed to come to Jamshedpur to get the car serviced but there was a workshop by Skoda at Siliguri for a week, so got the car attended there. Car is no longer driven by me now.

If something is planned in between, I can try but for sure can't come to Ranchi/Jamshedpur and drive/ride back. If I am involved, would suggest to avoid the month/s of December/January because fog makes things uncertain.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks