Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 12:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Awesome, I have been dreaming about this trip for sometime now. I would love to join this trip - however, I can manage leaves only for 2 weeks (16 days). So if we start on 24th Aug 2013, I should be back by 8th Sep 2013 so that I have to go back to office on 9th Sep. And is anyone coming with the family? I would like to come along with my wife and get my Punto along.
Tushargohil is thinking . If you have to be back by 9th then I think you will some company as Honeybee also needs to be back by then. We will be finishing Pangong Tso by 7th so you can comeback from there. Post that plan is to head to Hanle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
I've managed to approve leave. The dilemma: shell I take a risk to come along with my wife and 3 year old kid or with male friends only or take wife and kid up to certain level.
I would love to know how you approached for your leaves? I need to get this process rolled out in my office

Have you travelled long distance with your kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
I would like to join this great journey, please include me in the list.

Can I do this drive in my Vento TDI HL ?

I am encouraged by thread from fellow Bangalorean who took his Linea & conquered.
Welcome aboard if you are joining our group. There is a FB group in the previous page you can join that for more details. I am taking my Manza so Vento can be rest assured be taken.

Last edited by motomaverick : 13th December 2012 at 12:31.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
I would like to join this great journey, please include me in the list.

Can I do this drive in my Vento TDI HL ?

I am encouraged by thread from fellow Bangalorean who took his Linea & conquered.
Hey Anand and Folks,

I too would like to tag along with you guys for the planned scheduled trip to Leh Ladakh. Please do count me in for all required planning for dates and vehicles.

I might be checking in either Thar CRDI (modified for offroading) or Renault Koleos (both 4x4)

For now, I was all alone in the travel, but now I am more than excited to tag with so many brothers from Team-Bhp
Old 13th December 2012, 12:34   #78
BHPian

[QUOTEI would love to know how you approached for your leaves? I need to get this process rolled out in my office

Leave :- Take It or Leave It Approach ; regarding my son - for him long drive is not an issue (25k already done at age of 3) only problem i am worry here is average height in ladakh is a little less than 6,000 m.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Tushargohil is thinking . If you have to be back by 9th then I think you will some company as Honeybee also needs to be back by then. We will be finishing Pangong Tso by 7th so you can comeback from there. Post that plan is to head to Hanle.
I am negotiating about the leaves with my Manager. I really want to make the entire trip! I even offered to go for unpaid leaves for a week if required.

How many are coming with family (read wife) in this trip? My wife's face was completely glowing when I told about this trip!
Old 13th December 2012, 12:51   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Hey Anand and Folks,

I too would like to tag along with you guys for the planned scheduled trip to Leh Ladakh. Please do count me in for all required planning for dates and vehicles.

I might be checking in either Thar CRDI (modified for offroading) or Renault Koleos (both 4x4)

For now, I was all alone in the travel, but now I am more than excited to tag with so many brothers from Team-Bhp
Wow a Koleos? Great seeing so many good vehicles lining up it gives me some more devilish plans. If your dates are matching then join us in our group mentioned in previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
[QUOTEI would love to know how you approached for your leaves? I need to get this process rolled out in my office

Leave :- Take It or Leave It Approach ; regarding my son - for him long drive is not an issue (25k already done at age of 3) only problem i am worry here is average height in ladakh is a little less than 6,000 m.
Hmm I think you are hiding your exact words so you can message me the take it or leave it statement. Copying is the best way to go forward Even though the average height is more, keeping yourself hydrated all the time plus no fizzy drinks should keep it fine but in the end its your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
I am negotiating about the leaves with my Manager. I really want to make the entire trip! I even offered to go for unpaid leaves for a week if required.

How many are coming with family (read wife) in this trip? My wife's face was completely glowing when I told about this trip!
Wow you guys are fast with the leave approvals, its still 8 months to go. About wife, Tushar is planning then there was one guy from Navi Mumbai but he has been quite as of now. But it is more of a guys gang as of now.

Last edited by motomaverick : 13th December 2012 at 12:54.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:06   #81
BHPian

@motomaverick mate i need expert advice here.. i should travel with 3 years old kid or travel alone, in both the cases i am joining you guys.

Last edited by Tushargohil : 13th December 2012 at 13:08.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Wow you guys are fast with the leave approvals, its still 8 months to go. About wife, Tushar is planning then there was one guy from Navi Mumbai but he has been quite as of now. But it is more of a guys gang as of now.
Haha. Yes, I want to ensure that leaves are provided. Don't want to hear a no at the last minute.

Hmmm, my wife is very interested like me in this trip. Hope atleast another couple joins us - still a long way to go. Consider me with my wife confirmed.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
just saw your post and I like to join with you if you are interested and we could be help to each other please specify your plan in advance to plan accordingly.
Sounds fine - can you hold on till next week? I've spoken to another friend about joining in with me and I should get a confirmation from him over the weekend. The Punto rear seat isn't really great for such a long distance, hence I feel its best done with 2 people. Will let you know early next week about this.
Old 13th December 2012, 16:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there was one guy from Navi Mumbai but he has been quite as of now. But it is more of a guys gang as of now.
Saw the itinerary posted by you and its one heck of it. Earlier thought Leh was all about just P.Tso, Tso Moriri & drive, until Turtuk and Hanle came up.

Did a bit of search on it and it surely seem to be even better. Got approved on the FB page too.

I'm planning to join in with my younger brother and parents and my Vento TDi HL would be ride for sure.

The itinerary you posted has a place by the name Khajjar, did you mean Khajjiar?

You can certainly count me in as confirmed and would like if other would also join in with families.

If someone interested to know more about the places listed in the itinerary, you all could refer the travelogue below.

Link.
Old 13th December 2012, 18:00   #85
BHPian

WOW!!
Its my lucky day.

Count me in, from B'lore. I have a Beat Diesel.
I'm open to all options - getting my car, joining others, others joining me, anything is fine with me.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:36   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You can certainly count me in as confirmed and would like if other would also join in with families.

If someone interested to know more about the places listed in the itinerary, you all could refer the travelogue below.
I'll be coming with my wife.. So having a family company will be great..

Just sent request for FB group.. Waiting for joining the group and getting some more information.

Last edited by punto_ : 13th December 2012 at 20:38.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Saw the itinerary posted by you and its one heck of it. Earlier thought Leh was all about just P.Tso, Tso Moriri & drive, until Turtuk and Hanle came up.

I'm planning to join in with my younger brother and parents and my Vento TDi HL would be ride for sure.

The itinerary you posted has a place by the name Khajjar, did you mean Khajjiar?

Yeah there were plans for Himachal but cant get too many days off. So decided that Khajjar (next best thing and an appetizer) should be good and on the way. How old are your parents? Hope the altitude is not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
WOW!!
Its my lucky day.

I'm open to all options - getting my car, joining others, others joining me, anything is fine with me.
Welcome aboard, you are free to join us. The prev page has a fb group and dates if the dates suite then join in. :-)
Old 13th December 2012, 21:54   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Sure you are welcome aboard. Till now no one is there from Chennai. But quite a few cars coming from Bangalore. Royalcruiser and one more person named Rohit is there with room I think. By the way which car are you planning to bring incase you are bringing your vehicle?

Well, thanks for your invitation I would like to come in my Duster provided some one from Chennai accompany me, who knows driving to share the trouble. I can't drive the whole day alone and moreover to add another 350km from Chennai for the whole trip makes me sick.

As of now i am in the process of requesting my friends but not sure of their commitment.
Old 14th December 2012, 09:45   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
WOW!!
Its my lucky day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Well, thanks for your invitation I would like to come in my Duster provided some one from Chennai accompany me, who knows driving to share the trouble. I can't drive the whole day alone and moreover to add another 350km from Chennai for the whole trip makes me sick.

As of now i am in the process of requesting my friends but not sure of their commitment.
As of now, I am thinking of driving my Santro from Hyderabad. But the petrol bills scare me. We 3 seem to be driving alone at the moment. We, probably can take either Sathya's Duster or TCKanth's Beat, provided you both do not have other company. I can take a train to Chennai/Bangalore to join you. Well this arrangement isn't final and August is too far and I am sure things will change in due course of time. This is my attempt to tell you that you are not alone.
Old 15th December 2012, 13:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Apologies again as the limit expired yet again and this is the third such post. :-(

Here's a screenshot of Google India Maps showing the main circuit from Kargil to Manali, with distances and times (again sourced from Google India Maps). As per the group itinerary there are trips to Turtok, Pangong Tso from Leh, so these travel distances and times will double in reality.

Also from Leh when going to Jispa, if you include Hanle it would add around 3 hrs to the travel to Jispa. Direct from Leh to Jispa would save these 3 hrs.

This pic is for information to those who want to know the approximate distances and times in the main circuits, so they can choose the routes. I shall have to make a call which places I should/can cover and which to avoid if I have to save time.

Name:  Leh_Ladakh_Circuit.png
Views: 580
Size:  418.7 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks