Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2012, 17:58   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
How old are your parents? Hope the altitude is not a problem.
My parents are in their early fifties, which should be okay considering recently they have been to some really high location with low temperatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Here's a screenshot of Google India Maps showing the main circuit from Kargil to Manali, with distances and times (again sourced from Google India Maps). As per the group itinerary there are trips to Turtok, Pangong Tso from Leh, so these travel distances and times will double in reality.
I miss Thanks button in meet section. Thanks a lot for the detailed image. Planning to do all the places listed, since my next visit would only come after a gap of 4 years.

Request you to do all of them, as Hanle & Tortuk are worth that extra days and kms.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 15th December 2012 at 18:09.
Old 15th December 2012, 23:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Here's a screenshot of Google India Maps showing the main circuit from Kargil to Manali, with distances and times (again sourced from Google India Maps). As per the group itinerary there are trips to Turtok, Pangong Tso from Leh, so these travel distances and times will double in reality.

Also from Leh when going to Jispa, if you include Hanle it would add around 3 hrs to the travel to Jispa. Direct from Leh to Jispa would save these 3 hrs.
The list of places have been chosen based on the beauty and accessibility based on the cars that are going for this trip. So the Leh circuit has been allotted 8 days. We will be staying overnight at places like Turtok, Hanle, Pangong Tso. It is not about just passing through these places. Like ellobo mentioned these trips dont come too often so we need to see as much places as time permits. For next time we always have the HP routes

I would suggest you to go early and catch us at Leh or Srinagar, since from Srinagar the distances are not that great as in the plains so no hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My parents are in their early fifties, which should be okay considering recently they have been to some really high location with low temperatures.

I miss Thanks button in meet section. Thanks a lot for the detailed image. Planning to do all the places listed, since my next visit would only come after a gap of 4 years.

Request you to do all of them, as Hanle & Tortuk are worth that extra days and kms.
+1 to that, these plans dont become a reality that often. I admire your parents for the josh of doing the road trip
Old 15th December 2012, 23:24   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to go early and catch us at Leh or Srinagar, since from Srinagar the distances are not that great as in the plains so no hurry.
It's true these trips wouldn't be coming every time, howmuchever we wished otherwise. At the same time one may have to be practical for other reasons. So let's see how things turn out.

As for joining you guys in Srinagar, that could be managed, however that still leaves the question of the main circuit. That's the part I wanted to do with all of you, however by your plans on the 9th you would still be on the circuit while I should be home.

Including upto three days of travel either way (to and fro the region) and around eight days for the main circuit just the way you have planned it, means around 14 days. But the dates still can't co-incide because I would have to leave from Manali on the 5th Sep at least, if I hoped to be back home before Ganesh Chaturthi. The only way to make the dates coincide somewhere on the circuit would be if I could travel some part of it with you and then took off to Manali, skipping a place or two from your itinerary.

Let's see, am planning to meet up with my friends next week and will get a better idea of their willingness and readiness.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:41   #94
BHPian

Honeybee please understand that all are talking about fixed travel timings but you have to remember up there NATURE RULES and the best laid plans can and do go awry if the weather changes .
This kind of trip( if it does take place) with so many cars travelling together is a once in a lifetime opportunity of doing the Himalayan journey with backup.
As for friends coming along 99% will drop out and 1 or 2 will make it(if you are lucky) so contact as many as possible.
As regards PRACTICALITY there are other much more safer and better ways of seeing LEH but thats for non motorheads.
if you gotta go then you gotta go.
Old 16th December 2012, 18:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Spot on, doc. I have all those things in my mind already, and even on the short trips I have seen people backing out or not being available, so I am assuming not all of my friends will be on board. However at this moment I need to share my ideas and plans with this group before I form any definite plans.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:28   #96
BHPian

To all of us from Bangalore,
Can we plan a small meet some time in the coming weekends?
I believe, its better to add a face to our handles and in the process, I believe we can get to know each other much better.
What say guys?

By the way, most of us (from Bangalore) might be aware of the "Quick Meets in Bangalore thread", where most of the quick meets gets posted. planned and the meet experiences get shared.

Last edited by tckanth : 17th December 2012 at 12:42. Reason: Grammer corrections
Old 18th December 2012, 10:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
To all of us from Bangalore,
Can we plan a small meet some time in the coming weekends?
I believe, its better to add a face to our handles and in the process, I believe we can get to know each other much better.
What say guys?

By the way, most of us (from Bangalore) might be aware of the "Quick Meets in Bangalore thread", where most of the quick meets gets posted. planned and the meet experiences get shared.
The Bangalore gang going to Ladakh is meeting up next weekend so check the group event

Slight changes in the previous plan mainly for the day 2 drive highlighted in yellow.

Name:  Leh2013.png
Views: 920
Size:  16.0 KB
Old 19th December 2012, 02:16   #98
BHPian

Now that the Bangalore team is leaving on 24th, the Hyderabad team plans to leave on 23rd as we souls do not have a GQ for the initial 700 kms. Therefore, the plan is to leave on 23rd (8ish) and reach Aurangabad by evening 6 pm.

The journey till Aurangabad is a mix of rough, smooth and bad patches. The 550 km drive takes nothing less than 10 hours of rally driving.

The plan for 24th is to pit stop at Chittorgarh. Maybe visit the Chittorgarh Fort on 25th and then take the route to Ratangarh. Hyderabad teams 3rd night will be the one where the Bangalore team too will converge.

Will put up the full details by tomorrow.
Old 19th December 2012, 09:04   #99
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for the all the confusions

I don't know why I am mixing up 25th with 24th. The start date of our journey is 25th Aug 2013

Name:  Leh2013.png
Views: 1821
Size:  16.9 KB
Old 21st December 2012, 14:23   #100
BHPian

Just bumped into this thread, and realized this is exactly what I have been dreaming about for some time now! Going along with other BHPians sure adds to the fun and excitement.

Are there any confirmed folks from Mumbai yet? Or others coming from down South who have empty seats?
Old 21st December 2012, 15:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
Just bumped into this thread, and realized this is exactly what I have been dreaming about for some time now! Going along with other BHPians sure adds to the fun and excitement.

Are there any confirmed folks from Mumbai yet? Or others coming from down South who have empty seats?
Welcome aboard!

Sierrakamat from Mumbai is the one who has confirmed. You can PM him.

As far as folks from South are confirmed, more details will flow on the 29th and 30th when the Bangalore and Hyderabad gang meetup happens.

We have a FB group too with the name: HumTohLeh'd2013. You can join the same as we have the routes, dates, days places to visit all chalked out.
Old 21st December 2012, 18:14   #102
BHPian

Thanks gauravdgr8. I will keep watching this space closely for further details.

C'mon Mumbai - I hope there will be more people enthu from here!

Will check out the FB page later today. Cannot do that from office
Old 24th December 2012, 09:59   #103
BHPian

I am very keen on the drive, but I can't do LEH (cuz of HAPE). i sure would like to join the drive upto Srinagar and then rendavous with you guys @ manali for the drive back.

Do you guys think that makes sense. B.t.w I am in Pune hence I will be tagging along the the Mumbai group.
Old 31st December 2012, 20:50   #104
BHPian

After two successful meets of the BLR and HYD folks, the Mumbai/Pune folks plan to meet up on the coming Sunday (6th Jan) to start the planning. Any T-BHPians interested in the trip, curious to know more, or still to make up their mind are welcome to join. Anyone who has already done the trip and willing to share their experience is of course (more than) welcome

Please refer to the FB Page for details of the meet.
Old 1st January 2013, 09:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for the all the confusions

I don't know why I am mixing up 25th with 24th. The start date of our journey is 25th Aug 2013
Mate,
Instead of doing Delhi Agra Ahmedabad Belgaum Bangalore suggest you folks to do Delhi Agra Udaipur Pune Bangalore .
Do factor in couple of days as buffer.

Most Viewed