Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2013, 16:35   #136
BHPian

Re: Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Nice initiative this is. Even am planning the trip to Leh & Ladakh, 15 working days + 6 weekend offs total 21 days during the mnth of August. My plan is still in infant stages. We are family with one Kid of 6yrs, will be driving Scorpio starting from Bangalore, another family is welcome to join. We can plan out the trip together.

Cheers,
We are a family with a 5 yr kid, planning for Ladakh around 24august to 8th sept, ex Ahmedabad / surat in aria. Do you have any tentative dates in mind so that we can plan for a group journey. Since its very early stage we can see how best we can adjust the dates for a group journey.
Old 19th January 2013, 13:50   #137
Senior - BHPian

The main group would be driving to Ladakh on 24th August or thereabouts, and there might be another (smaller) group which may be leaving about ten days earlier. The main group is almost finalized, so if you can synchronize your schedule with them, you can realize your dream. The other group, leaving in advance, is not yet fully confirmed.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:30   #138
BHPian

Hey Folks,

Finally after too much of Thought process along with my another friend, where we were deciding which vehicle shall we drive to Leh, we finally decided it would be Thar CRDe 2013 model, which we just bought for this expedition.

We were thinking of Kolios, but we had a plan to visit Mughal Road (the most dangerous few might call), I know it isn't that scary though. So we wanted a tough vehicle and I believe Thar just gives us want we need.

So we decided the ride and route plan. We will be driving from Bangalore.

We are still contemplating on the date's and no of days we would require.

Anyone who wants to accompany us in their respective vehicle are welcome to join us.

We are just 3 in the vehicle, with loads of Mahindra spares and our luggage.

Attached is a route map of one way drive, we intend to take another route on return.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013-routemap.jpg  

Old 31st January 2013, 11:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Hey Folks,

Finally after too much of Thought process along with my another friend, where we were deciding which vehicle shall we drive to Leh, we finally decided it would be Thar CRDe 2013 model, which we just bought for this expedition.

Great start, so what all places are there in the itinerary as I am unable to see from map. The Thar has a soft top so better ensure you get good woolens to wear.

There is a convoy leaving from Bangalore on the 24th Aug 2013, below is the route map.

Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013-leh_route.jpg

Last edited by motomaverick : 31st January 2013 at 11:15.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:33   #140
BHPian

Hi All,

I am from Mumbai. Me & my better half were planning for LEH since long & am willing to join (Linea D July 2012).

But after going through the posts I am really confused with per head cost.

Many places 30K is mentioned (60K is also at some places) and also mentioned that with diesel cars.

Now does this estimated 30K include diesel, tolls, stay & food expenses for one person? (This is mainly required for convincing my better half who manages all my accounts)

Since its planned well in advance it is only to get my better half convinced about this drive (If she agrees it will be she, my app 3 year old daughter (3 in September) & then me as a driver)

Am joining FB group for further updates as well.

Thanks,
Sachin
Old 31st January 2013, 11:37   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Hi All,

I am from Mumbai. Me & my better half were planning for LEH since long & am willing to join (Linea D July 2012).

But after going through the posts I am really confused with per head cost.

Many places 30K is mentioned (60K is also at some places) and also mentioned that with diesel cars.

Now does this estimated 30K include diesel, tolls, stay & food expenses for one person? (This is mainly required for convincing my better half who manages all my accounts)

Since its planned well in advance it is only to get my better half convinced about this drive (If she agrees it will be she, my app 3 year old daughter (3 in September) & then me as a driver)

Am joining FB group for further updates as well.

Thanks,
Sachin
Hi Sachin, 30K is the approximate and most probably maximum cost including Diesel, Toll, Food, Stay for one person from Bangalore. Since you are from Mumbai you can reduce the diesel and toll expenses for the 1000 odd kms from Bangalore to Mumbai.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:06   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi Sachin, 30K is the approximate and most probably maximum cost including Diesel, Toll, Food, Stay for one person from Bangalore. Since you are from Mumbai you can reduce the diesel and toll expenses for the 1000 odd kms from Bangalore to Mumbai.
Delhi - Ladakh Delhi approx 4500kms run (if you do all the sectors including zanskar).
It comes to around 4rs/km in diesel cost, which is approx 18000 rs.
Stay on an average is around 1000/night so assume 15000 for stay (15 days). This figure can be restricted to 10,000 if you are on a budget

So lets say 30,000/couple in a diesel vehicle for fuel and stay

Food comes to max 300-400rs/day. If we take 400rs/day high side, its 6000rs.

Makes it 36000rs

Our trips cost around 35-40K all inclusive when we cross 4000kms. So its less than 20K/person if two people are traveling together.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 31st January 2013 at 12:08.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:21   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Delhi - Ladakh Delhi approx 4500kms run (if you do all the sectors including zanskar).
It comes to around 4rs/km in diesel cost, which is approx 18000 rs.
Stay on an average is around 1000/night so assume 15000 for stay (15 days). This figure can be restricted to 10,000 if you are on a budget

So lets say 30,000/couple in a diesel vehicle for fuel and stay

Food comes to max 300-400rs/day. If we take 400rs/day high side, its 6000rs.

Makes it 36000rs

Our trips cost around 35-40K all inclusive when we cross 4000kms. So its less than 20K/person if two people are traveling together.
Thanks Tanveer for the break up for the Ladakh circuit, however, from down south, we need to take into account the stays at Lonavala, Udaipur, Hanumangarh, and Amritsar. Reason for so many days is to keep the per day drive less than 1000 kms after a general consensus. Plus the hotels in the plains that I checked are around avg of 1500 for clean ones with parking, so it increases the cost considering to & fro. But again 30000 per person is on the higher side. I think its always good to have something left in the end rather than returning home empty handed

PS: @ mods can we shift this thread to a different section, the post count does not increase, please do not shoot me for asking

Last edited by motomaverick : 31st January 2013 at 12:24.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:38   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Hey Folks,

We were thinking of Kolios, but we had a plan to visit Mughal Road (the most dangerous few might call), I know it isn't that scary though. So we wanted a tough vehicle and I believe Thar just gives us want we need.

So we decided the ride and route plan. We will be driving from Bangalore.

We are still contemplating on the date's and no of days we would require.

Anyone who wants to accompany us in their respective vehicle are welcome to join us.

We are just 3 in the vehicle, with loads of Mahindra spares and our luggage.

Attached is a route map of one way drive, we intend to take another route on return.
@kicksperliter,

Wow!!, it cant get anything bigger and better than this for me. likewise i am serious about making the Ladakh trip happen this year. As you have already mentioned that dates are still not fixed, at least let me know the approx number of days per your plan. If it works out,i shall join in my jeep.

I have PM'ed you for the contact details, so that i can take it forward from here.

Good luck,

Deepak Shivanna
Old 31st January 2013, 12:54   #145
Senior - BHPian

Folks the discussion for 2013 Ladakh Trip has been shifted to Leh and Ladakh - Trip Planning - All queries go here

Hence encouraging any new folks who want to discuss about this trip, please use the above thread. Thanks Tanveer for the prompt change
Old 31st January 2013, 15:12   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Great start, so what all places are there in the itinerary as I am unable to see from map. The Thar has a soft top so better ensure you get good woolens to wear.

There is a convoy leaving from Bangalore on the 24th Aug 2013, below is the route map.

Attachment 1045503
Hey Folks,

Looking at the map which is via Mumbai is a Longer route compared to the one I have planned.

The route I have planned is

Day 1: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur = 1 day travel (night halt at nagpur)
Day 2: Nagpur - Jhansi (UP) - Delhi = 1 day travel (either night stay at Delhi or Chandigarh)

Day 3: New Delhi - Chandigarh - Manali - Leh (stay for 3-4 days at leh ladakh)

Would be taking kargil - Drass sector route to Srinagar.

I was contemplating on reaching Jammu thru Mughal Road (which is once is a life time experience more exquisite than Leh, which is very LESS travelled route or preferred route)

Check out HVK sir's post about Mughal Road drive in his posts.

Return journey would be the route planned via Guj - Mumbai - Pune - Tumkur and Bangalore.

I am keeping 3 weeks of timeline to achieve this.
Old 19th February 2013, 16:30   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

I am from Mumbai & would like to join Ladakh trip during August 2013. But frankly speaking I would like to join somebody who has empty seats in his car. A 15 / 20 days trip will be failry OK for me as I have huge credit balance of unclaimed holidays.

Is the nomination open to people like me? I believe every Car in the convoy will need a navigator, person who handles expences, etc.

Thanks,
Old 20th February 2013, 15:08   #148
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have been meaning to do the Ladakh trip for a long time. Me and my friend would like to join up the group from Delhi. Request you all to please let me know the details. We have a car with us, ready and prepped.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:08   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Friends,

I am from Mumbai & would like to join Ladakh trip during August 2013. But frankly speaking I would like to join somebody who has empty seats in his car. A 15 / 20 days trip will be failry OK for me as I have huge credit balance of unclaimed holidays.

Is the nomination open to people like me? I believe every Car in the convoy will need a navigator, person who handles expences, etc.

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh, we have team that will be coming from Mumbai and there might be seats that you can occupy. Just PM sierrakamat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Hi Guys, I have been meaning to do the Ladakh trip for a long time. Me and my friend would like to join up the group from Delhi. Request you all to please let me know the details. We have a car with us, ready and prepped.
For both, there are quite a few groups driving up the hills this year, however, if you want to be part of the bigger group that is starting on 24th Aug then check FB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks