Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 02:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Delhi/Noida/NCR Team BHP Meet?

Hi Guys I have thinking for a while now that maybe we should now have a DELHI/NOIDA/GURGAON/FARIDABAD/GHAZIABAD and near abouts Team BHP meet.

I think it might be a great idea and we could do it on a Sunday or a holiday and could have a nice half-day out with fellow petrol heads.

What do you think anyone game? If we have enough people interested then we can move the discussion on to deciding the date, time, venue etc. Please reply if any of you is interested in this.

Regards

Ishan
Old 12th April 2006, 02:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved to the appropriate section.

cya
R
Old 12th April 2006, 06:11   #3

its been a long time and havn't been to any meet. i m in. decide place n time and lemme know
Old 12th April 2006, 11:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

I guess Delhi meets are always a flop show. Except for one meet(which I missed ) every other has been a no show!
Old 12th April 2006, 11:43   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yes i'm in .. but considering the fact that Delhi univ has exams going on ppl might not show up. And why is Delhi meets always a FLOP SHOW !! come on guys
Old 12th April 2006, 11:57   #6
BHPian

I think you should make it a roadtrip. A typical example could be something like this:

(1) Meet up at a rendezvous point (e.g. 32nd milestone on NH8) at say 11am

(2) Drive down together in convoy on NH8

(3) Main meet at destination e.g. Resort Country Club (see link below) at Noon. Plenty of activities to keep wives etc. occupied whilst you talk exhausts etc.

(4) Group lunch at 1:30pm

Here is the link for the venue:

http://www.resortcountryclub.com/home.htm

Of course someone (e.g. a local moderator) would have to volunteer to organise this but it is not too difficult. The main issue is getting accurate numbers for lunch. I'm in Delhi from April 16-28 and again in mid-May so I'd be happy to attend if it's happening when I'm there.
Old 12th April 2006, 11:59   #7
BANNED

Hey, So another effort starts --- well ask me about the first and only meet -- But that turned out well with a whole lot of guys showing up !! I'm in as long as there are plenty of confirmations ...

Hope this one does work out or else the Mods will delete a Delhi meet thread beofre it even starts ...lol

Cheers
Old 12th April 2006, 14:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok
I think you should make it a roadtrip. A typical example could be something like this:

(1) Meet up at a rendezvous point (e.g. 32nd milestone on NH8) at say 11am

(2) Drive down together in convoy on NH8

(3) Main meet at destination e.g. Resort Country Club (see link below) at Noon. Plenty of activities to keep wives etc. occupied whilst you talk exhausts etc.

(4) Group lunch at 1:30pm

Here is the link for the venue:

http://www.resortcountryclub.com/home.htm

Of course someone (e.g. a local moderator) would have to volunteer to organise this but it is not too difficult. The main issue is getting accurate numbers for lunch. I'm in Delhi from April 16-28 and again in mid-May so I'd be happy to attend if it's happening when I'm there.
Any chance of you getting your 2 beauties along Ashok??
Old 12th April 2006, 14:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys as Ashok mentioned somebody is going to have to put in the effort and I think I am gonna be the one. So here goes:

1. The date - How about 22/04 it's a Sunday and since its still about 10 days away people should have enough time to adjust their schedules. Also we can meet up with Ashok too. In any case dates are flexible so if people are more comfortable with a later/earlier date suggestions can be considered.

2. Timing - I suggest something along the lines of what Ashok has suggested so probably meet around 11am a short/medium drive and then lunch and onwards.

3. Single/Couple - Also all those who confirm that the will be coming would also have to specify whether they will be single or accompanied by wives/girlfriends/boyfriends or just friends. That way we can have an approximate idea of people coming and also we wouldn't want people to turn up with wives/girlfriends to find there are only 2-3 females and 15-20 guys.

4. Venues - We already have one good suggestion from Ashok regarding the venue but if anybody has an alternate venue in mind we can consider that too.

And above all all you guys from Delhi & NCR come on for once let's put in an effort and let's make this happen this one time. I am sure it will be a fun day!! Meanwhile I will try & ask the mods to see if they can put out a PM to all Delhi & NCR members to make them aware of the meet and hopefully we will have higher participation numbers.

If anybody has better suggestions/ides please post them here or PM me.
Old 12th April 2006, 15:06   #10
BANNED

Hey, The idea is great -- the only problem is that Delhi members are very busy people ( most of them ) and to get all of them free at the same time is a task . I don't want to discourage you but its true ...

I'm out if the meet is on next Sunday ... but hope you manage getting a good group in for the Meet !! PM them for their mobile numbers and then hound them with calls ... don't rely on only the PM's ---

Cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 09:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

The notorsiously famous Delhi meet that never happens! You know sunday is the busiest day of the week for me, arghhhhhh, anyways i wont be able to confirm anytime before the last minute so keep me in the probables list.

Arush
Old 17th April 2006, 11:19   #12
BHPian

Guys...22nd April looks good.
As 22nd is also F1 race day...I suggest why dont we guys watch F1 live at some pub in GGN or Noida (As convenient) with few pints of beer ;-)

looking fwd to meet everybody...

cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 12:45   #13
BHPian

maybe 3rd time lucky... i'm game for the meet. lets decide fast guys and for real this time

regards,
anuj
Old 17th April 2006, 13:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys two confirmed people I am going to PM all members from NCR tonight and see how many more members can we get confirmed.

Let's hope for the best!
Old 17th April 2006, 14:40   #15
BHPian

i think a proper meet should be done 1 month or so in advance and try to get ppl slightly far from delhi also to participate, help of the mods can be done to organise this and display it prominently on the front page of team-bhp, now that would garner up some numbers!!
Do we have a mod residing in the vicinity of delhi or is there no one from north india??!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks