Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2006, 17:44   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Mexxcentric and jyothidas.
jk? you coming??? i thought you were in Bangalore!!!
Old 28th October 2006, 19:47   #227

any bikers coming?? i'm from xbhp and came here following karthiks post in xbhp.... Please confirm it karthik..
Old 28th October 2006, 20:07   #228
Senior - BHPian

So here's the final list as of now..
Karthik247 - Lancer
Artofzen - Zen
Shibujp - M800
Arif - Uno

Pyro, Aniruddh and frnds will hop in with us.

So like said before, meet at chakka roundabout at 12.30pm.
Old 28th October 2006, 23:03   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
So here's the final list as of now..
Karthik247 - Lancer
Artofzen - Zen
Shibujp - M800
Arif - Uno

Pyro, Aniruddh and frnds will hop in with us.

So like said before, meet at chakka roundabout at 12.30pm.
OK...Karthik, Myself and Speedzak would be starting from here in the morning!!! Hoping to meet you all at 12.30 - 1pm!!! This is the confirmed programe from Kochi side!!!
Old 29th October 2006, 02:17   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
OK...Karthik, Myself and Speedzak would be starting from here in the morning!!! Hoping to meet you all at 12.30 - 1pm!!! This is the confirmed programe from Kochi side!!!
Talked to Zak about this, so guess it'll work out fine
Old 29th October 2006, 08:27   #231
BHPian

hey guys!!

catch you by 12.30 - 1 pm!! cheers!!
Old 30th October 2006, 19:39   #232
BHPian

SpeedZak..Where are the snaps?.Post them soon dude!!!
Old 30th October 2006, 19:52   #233
BHPian

guys,anyone has any snaps?and a report of the meet too.how did it go?
Old 30th October 2006, 20:00   #234
BANNED

I have a lot of snaps and I'm holding my hands as it's just shivering to type in a report.

I'm on my way to Bangalore and will post the pics as soon as I get to a pc.

Guys! Please wait till that.

And as a teaser; The meet was absolutely a blast! We all enjoyed the beach, seafood, cars, unending drifts on a helipad in KARTIK's lancer & more.
Old 30th October 2006, 20:04   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Guys! Please dont expect Prado!
After smashing the **** out of my alto, you can't expect my daddy to gift me his favourite.

But still the weapon will be a surprise indeed.

@speedzak
Did you get your baleno to the meet or was it something else.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 30th October 2006 at 20:07.
Old 30th October 2006, 20:05   #236
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]so the meet ...was a "Trivandrum Drift " ....I hope its better than the one n Tokyo [/SIZE]
Old 30th October 2006, 20:19   #237
BANNED

This meet had the best ever drift possibilities on a Teambhp meet in Kerala. So call it as you wish.

@Rahul, I hitch hiked man! And nikki (not the Bedi one, the Bike one that is ) was kind enough to give me a seat in his ride.

The locals went so crazy to see us drifting that there were some who instantly joined Teambhp! ! !
Old 30th October 2006, 22:33   #238
BHPian

Team Bhp Trivandrum Meet 29 Oct 2006!!

aaaaaaah!!! Zak..can't push anymore withot posting the repo!!! So lemme start it like this...

Partcipants-
(1) speedzak
(2) nikkibike
(3) Karthik247
(4) artofzen
(5) pyrocrypt
(6) shibujp
(7) Anirudh
(8) Arif_t09
(9) jkdas (rep-kiran)
(10) kiran's friends-2!

Venue-
CLIFF - Varkkala!!

We all gathered in 'kallambalam' at 1.30pm and decided to head CLIFF-Varkkala.... Parked all the machines to have lunch!!

Well... lets start with that green cute l'll zen which belongs to 'artofzen'. Neat car!!! He flew over a hump so nicely!! Next comes master karthik247's blaster Lans!! It really rocked the area with rev happy engine mods!! Newest car of the lot, humble silver Swift belongs to me!! Nothing g8 bout it except a temporary reg plate even after 3k reading in odo!! Another teambhp-famous machine - the silver santro tagged as jkdas's made it to the meet even in his absence!!!! Thanks to his bro Kiran and his buddies!! shibujp's M-800 stealed my mind with its intoxicating reving sound!! Engine add-ons well spent!!

Cynosure-
Undoubtably Karthik247's Lancer!! This machine seemed to be very very happy with Anirudh!!! It drifted amazingly in his hands!! Neat show Anirudh!! Zak had almost burned its yokohama's to the max... he dragged it utilising the entire power band I guess!!! Yeah guys.. so rev happy engine with freeflow, filter, iridium's and cables etc etc!! ugh!!

Hey zak.... sorry...now am leaving the rest to you!!!! Shibu/Arif send me the snaps to the PM'ed id!!

cheers!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 30th October 2006 at 22:40.
Old 31st October 2006, 03:10   #239
BANNED

Let's begin with some words before the pics then.

29th Oct. 9.30am: I jump into Nikki's Temp registered Swift. We start driving towards Varkala. We drive very slow as he hasn't driven it above 3000 RPM till date.
1.20pm: We reach Kallambalam. A phone call and it's confirmed that the Tvm boys are yet to start!! Arif's Uno got stuck in the rain.
2.10pm: Tvm boys arrive! Shake hands with each other. We take some quick snaps and decided to move on to VARKALA.
I take control of that bloody black lancer. Man! That car roars! Once it passes 4k RPM, then it's a lion!!
2.25pm: We reach the infamous abode of JK!! That was to meet his bro who would be our guide in this beach town. And that JBLfied Santro joins our company. Jk, how we missed you!!
The guys are HUNGRY! I was afraid if Artofzen would eat me if I dont go to a restaurant. So, we decide to go to the Cliff!!
This blessed place is
a natural cliff with a beach below it. And it's got some good seafood restaurants from where you can gaze at the neverending waves and enjoy some nice Prawns, crab etc.
2.35pm: We reach the cliff and in whatta style! Hiran (JK's bro) was patiently followed by us. Kartik was waiting to rip the Lancer and the cliff begins with a Helipad. The moment I saw this open space, I murmured DRIFT!! And our Li'l man just ploughed his foot and gripped the handbrakes! Screech!! Opp lock, again Screech!! Opp lock, again Screech... & DUM!!! Yes, knocked! That was some small pointers kept to assist some who were taking driving lessons there. Some ladies seemed to be more scared by this action than their first nights!!

We enjoy the surroundings, walk along the cliff with the sea 100ft below us on the left and beautiful shops and eateries on the right. And we settle down at one nice joint pointed out by Hiran & his friends.
Wow!! There were plenty of foreign tourists there and some very hotties too. (Sam! Are you ears?)

We take some confused glancing on the menu & leave it to the local guys to decide what's best for us.
We sat down and all the chatterboxes opened up one by one. (Guys! Was I too much a chatter to handle?) The topics jumped from My alto crash (hot off the press), fastest car in Trivandrum, The best Sucker, Extreme or Conical? Etc....
And the table started filling up, Different fish delicacies, Gigantic prawns & Sprite (nobody took beer?)
It was Chow time. The food got mixed well with hot turbo & ICE discussions.
More than 1 hour was spent chatting and chowing!

After that luscious meal & that stomach filling bill (it became thin after we demanded discounts), it was time for some action. We descended towards the beach. Hmmm, about a 100 footsteps down! We hit the sand. When we were about to test the waters, a cop came whistling, waving & instructing us to move away from that part of the beach. He said that side was reserved for the GORAs & GOREEs. Artofzen had some nice words with him and he lets us stay but away from the above mentioned species!

We spend some time on the beach taking snaps. Myself & artofzen decided to get wet a bit. We go hit the waves, but the position was not so great for a dip or a swim. And the locals warned us from going in and we just got wet till our waists.

After some time, we all decided to go and check out each other's rides. So, started the climb back. Coming down was easy and going up wasn't! Anyway, we reach near the rides. First, ShibuJP's 800 was checked out. The conical K&N and the PVC plumbing (a clean DIY job) was really commentable. The Automech FFE sounded good too. Then, it was KARTIK's ride. Undoubtedly, this became the star of the show. Even the locals were going woawww looking at the engine, ICE etc in that car! Then the engine was turned on. Magnaflow was put to work and a crowd gathered up slowly.

to be continued......
Old 31st October 2006, 03:41   #240
Senior - BHPian

Keep it coming, pal....especially the pics. Sounds like you guys had fun!

Most Viewed