Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2006, 09:22   #241
BHPian

guys, you seem to have had a great time....post the rest of ur reports and pics....cant wait to see what all i missed...:(
Old 31st October 2006, 12:03   #242
BHPian

hey guys,enough of the words,get the pics!!
Old 31st October 2006, 15:15   #243
Senior - BHPian

missed it. :(

i met zak last night @ bangy and hence saw teh pix.hehe
Old 31st October 2006, 16:51   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
missed it. :(

i met zak last night @ bangy and hence saw teh pix.hehe
Try hard to avoid missing any more meets in the future dude!!! It was action oriented!!!
cheers!
Old 31st October 2006, 16:54   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Try hard to avoid missing any more meets in the future dude!!!
I dont think JK needs any urging there - he's the chap who drives down to Cochin from Trivandrum for EVERY meet that we have had there, and is usually the one to push for a meet.

He's in Bangalore and has been trying to make something happen THERE while he's around.

Hard-core meeter, is JK!
Old 31st October 2006, 22:44   #246
Senior - BHPian

i missed it all out ,hmnnnn.i was almost there isnt it karthik.ok no problem.next time it should be vernaculous .isnt it
ram
Old 31st October 2006, 23:09   #247
BHPian

glad you guys finally made the meet happen...and amazin fotos!! wish I could join in the comin meets atleast...
Old 31st October 2006, 23:12   #248
BHPian

Part - 1

i'm busy right now...will post a detailed report within a few days...i tried to post the first part, but the 'imageshack' is playing up!
Old 1st November 2006, 01:43   #249
BANNED

Meet report in words. Part II.

Yes guys! Very sorry. Still cant get some time to sit on a Pc. Just reached home from Bangy. And my thumb is going to be numb again after I punch in this report from this puny Li'l cellphone.

Continued from part 1...
4.00-5.00pm: We're still checking out the rides.
As I said, Kartik's Lancer was becoming more and more a star as the time passed by. The moment the bonet was opened, we had a crowd around to peep in from every corner. And I'm sure most of the locals should've been confused seeing us oogling and murmurring ooh aahs just looking at the engine. And the same thing continued when the boot was opened. Those gigantic Subs were just ready to pounce.
All the confusions were laid to rest when the engine came alive and growling. Then, it was utter silence and the jaws were getting used to the dropped positions. I'm sure the sea missed a wave or two listening to this meaty growl which were being emitted beautifully by Mr. MAGNAFLOW.

First, it was KARTIK himself who started it. Did some wheelspins, floored the throttle, handbrake and drift!! He threw the car around as much as he could. He locked the wheels couple a times and it was screechy screechy good show!
Then it was like a gangbang! One after the other. The car was being molested by each and every one around there. Even some local guys who happened to be very interested, got a chance to floor her.
I was very much impressed by the way Mr. Intrepid handled the car. Fully respect the car and same time, enjoy her to the maxx. And the Lancy seemed very happy in his hands too. Man! I salute you.
It was a spinny, drifty, smoky show for all. I dunno if it was right to do this in a public place but I'm dead sure that the people there even forgot the sea for sometime.

I started feeling a bit uncomfortable with more locals pouring in and requesting a check of the car and we started to jump into the cars and decided to leave. And to our excuse, it started to drizzle.
Yes, it was time to say: Bye bye Cliff, we loved being here etc and we set off to the main beach.
5.20pm: We gather at a place where we could see the full stretch of the beach and it was time to check out some ICE. This time we didn't have lot of exotic ICE setups other than Kartik's audiobahns & Jk's JBLfied Santro. Others were some simple clean setups and the Hertz setup in NIKKIBIKE's Swift did amaze everybody.
Some very much impressed locals were keen to join the forum and Artofzen pretty much gave a lecture regarding the forum to them.

5.30pm: We decide to call it a day. We didn't want to but we had to. Myself and nikki were 200kms away from our homes and the rains were just holding back for the meet to finish. And it could make our drive pretty difficult. So, we decided to carry on the topics later in the next meet.
And as it was heavily clouded, there was no point in waiting for the sunset. It was dark already!
Yes, time to shake hands once again. Say bye bye etc....
(@Shibujp, I still remember your promise )

I took the piloting job of the Swift and it experienced the first ever wheelspins, redline shifts and some crazy potholes. The car was being driven the way it was supposed to be right?
We drove to Cochin in a very steady manner thru heavy rains (it rained all the way) and reached Cochin by 9.30pm. We had some unending supply of Pringles and Appy Fizz on the way. And this forced us to cut short our dinner into a scoop of icecream at Hotel WyteFort.

I came home and had to do some here'n there explanation of my whereabouts for the day and hit the bed.

Later on, I came to know that there was a traffic jam on the way to trivandrum and the tvm boys reached there destination by 8pm or so.

Thanx all for your kind inputs and suggestions to make this meet happen & interesting. Please do forgive anything which I missed, misquoted, badmouthed or overlooked here.

Guys! The pics as promised will be soon posted. So wait for part III.
Old 1st November 2006, 14:26   #250
Senior - BHPian

hey Zak boy looks like you guys had a nice time. Whitefort or is it Wytefort ? I remember having gone to the coffee shop there. Isnt this the place bang opp' Le Meridian on the highway?
Old 1st November 2006, 18:06   #251
BANNED

Pics!!!!

The Journey from Cochin Begins. Some pics I clicked on the way.

That's the passengers' view from Nikkibike's car.

That's the Kerala way to Protest bad roads. A group of green trees planted in the potholes. Bang in the middle of NH47.

That's where we met TVM boys at kallambalam. Intrepid is gazing greedily at Autopsyche designed bodykits on that Lancer.

This is the parking lot at Cliff. Check Jk's JBL-fied Santro.

Time to march towards food! See the eagerness!!!

Different views of the sea from Cliff.

This is the Cafe Delmore!! (what does that mean?) We had some stomachfuls of chow here! ie. food!

Yes, The food arrives. See the Prawns waiting to be attacked!!!
Old 1st November 2006, 19:04   #252
BANNED

More pics coming. i made some mistake while posting part II.

I am off to Bengalooru now. So, See ya all!!!
Old 1st November 2006, 20:11   #253
BHPian

quick!!!

Zak, post the pics dude....can't wait anymore to see them!!!
Old 1st November 2006, 21:12   #254

This meet was super... It was great to meet up with the trivandrum guyz.
Good food (the fish was amazing), great cars, reving engines, cool drifting on a helipad by the beach.... wot more can one want...
Drifting Karthik's lancer was terrific.
Zak produced some great music reving the engine up n havin fun with the lancer...
Shibu's M800 was really nice to drive... i wanted to see it for a long time... finally got an opportunity to drive it... nice ride Shibu
Overall a superb meet...
btw wots happenin bout the Kochi thing on the 11th
Old 2nd November 2006, 06:42   #255
BHPian

Part - 1

Well to start with, I was really looking forward to this day...But, ‘DAMN RAIN’ I thought…One heavy rain and the area in front of my house gets flooded…For an idea, this is what it looks like!

For getting to the city, I have to go left from my house & cross this, but since I had to get to the highway, I thought I’ll go right instead & take a by-road to cut into the highway…Then Nash calls me on my mobile to tell that the Cochin guys have already reached and is waiting for us & I inform him, I’ll reach in 5 minutes…All was fine until I reached the end of the by-road…The road was flooded for a small stretch…Some autos were passing through it…I thought ‘What the Hell’, put the gear into 1st, started revving the engine and crossed the water…’PHEW’ I thought I managed it, but after moving some distance from the water, the engine coughs and stops…’That’s it, this was what I wanted right now!’…I called my cousin, who is an automobile engineer & currently working in Mahindra (a TBHPian too)…He warns me not to start the engine, as the engine may get flooded and asked me to get a local mechanic to check the air-filter & all…I informed my Father & then called Nash to inform him…He doesn’t know the way around, as he is from Cochin and the others haven’t reached yet!...Then my Fathers’ brother reaches the spot with a staff…By that time, everyone else have arrived and is waiting for me!...I informed my Father that I was going and then Nash calls me & I scream ‘WAIT FOR ME’, I don’t want to miss the MEET…The staff drops me at the meeting place and I got introduced to everyone else…’Ram Hyundai’ & ‘Peter’ (?) saw us off and BANG, they went in the PETE-fied Red Skoda! to take delivery of Ram Hyundai’s brand new Verna…If only the vehicle had arrived a few days earlier (Sigh!!!)…Thus we start our journey more than 1 hour late & to think, the Cochin guys waiting for us forever!!!

Most Viewed