Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 11:52   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
They came here from Cochin man......u missed it. Me n Nash met up with them tonite. Had a nice time. Their Honda CBR was just amazing. Very nice guys too...

Next they're goin to Kanyakumari 2moro, then to Pondy, Chennai etc..
damn!!! But they didn't give me a ring!!!! I've sms'd them many times too!!

I'll take this issue with them!! Sorry this is here!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2006 at 21:06.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:45   #272
BANNED

Wow! That's nice to know.
I was in Bangalore. Didn't know about it.

We have lot of new members in trivandrum and cochin. Guys, make a small effort to get in touch with them so that we can include them in our next meet.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2006 at 21:08.
Old 7th November 2006, 15:39   #273
Senior - BHPian

We met then at arnd 8.30 at night. There were for of them, but sadly one of them (Ashish) had a small accident on his Comet. He hit n killed a dog on the highway
So they gave the Comet and the Jupiter for service. And so went we went there there was just one bike....none other than Sunny's Honda CBR Fireblade. After chatting with them inside the hotel we moved outside. Its been raining like hell for the past few days so sadly no rides or anything. But we did experience a few revv ups of the 1000RR and boy was it amazing. Have never liked CBR's (except the 954) but this one sure did change that. It really nice, way better than what u see in the pix..
Old 7th November 2006, 20:50   #274
BHPian

damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
We met then at arnd 8.30 at night. There were for of them, but sadly one of them (Ashish) had a small accident on his Comet. He hit n killed a dog on the highway
ugh!!!! hmm...so thatz the reason why they avoided a bang in kochi!! none of the guys knew about this I guess!!
Old 8th November 2006, 11:23   #275
Senior - BHPian

NIce pix and reports.

Those who ddint c karthiks car...teh kit is so damn solid that a hit frm that car would be like getting a hit from a solid metal.

Thinks its time for.....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...tml#post322749
Old 10th November 2006, 10:58   #276
BHPian

Part - 4

I know its late now, but couldn't complete earlier as i was busy....and i had tried once to do it from my home (dial up connection only), and after about being online for 1 hour, the connection was broken

The most interesting section of the meet – checking out the cars!!!

Ramp show: Dress Code – Hot Alloys

From R to L: Shibu’s roaring M800, JK’s JBL-fied Santro, Nikkibike’s New Swift, Karthik’s Hot Lancer, Nash’s Zen beauty!

Hot Lancer – Spitfire Iridium plugs & cables, K&N conical air-filter…you name it, he has it all!...

Audiobahn setup, check it out!.........Left side..................................Right side

Then we drive to Kappil, a few minutes away…

Shibu’s M800 looks cool with the alloys!........JK’s JBL-fied Santro on home ground!

And it started raining again….....Nikkibike’s New Swift!

Checking out the I.C.E in the Swift, while the JBL-fied Santro looks on, unattended!

Autopsyche kitt – Backside

Waiting it out for Shibu! Where are you???

Knight Rider??? Exotic Alloys!........Zen and the art of motoring!!!

Stunning Temperature gauge & Voltmeter...........Close-up look!
Old 10th November 2006, 21:56   #277
Senior - BHPian

Meet report - just read about the next meet so decided to post fast!! - Part 1

A great meet!!

12:40PM saw me at the ring at Chaka junction, Trivandrum meeting up with Naushad(artofzen), Ram (ram_hyundai), Karthik, Suraj(Pyrocrypt), Jerry. We then proceeded to wait for Arif and Anirudh(Intrepid). 15 - 20 minutes later the guys join us and the meet is a GO!!

We split up into 2 per car and started off to Varkala to meet Speedzak and Nikkibike from cochin. Good byes had to be said to Jerry and Ram. Jerry's Pete tuned Skoda would have been an attraction at the meet. The pace to Kallambalam(the meet point with the Cochin dudes) was good..not too fast and not too slow either. I am sure the sound of the Magnaflow and my car's Automech close to each other must have announced the meet pretty well.. in 3rd gear and hard acceleration I and Anirudh simply stopped our conversation as the sound insulation in the M800 is practically non-existent..who is asking for it anyway!!

Come Kallambalam we met up with SpeedZak and Nikkibike in Nikkibike's Swift. Swift's anywhere get me going. I just love that car guyz!! A round of intros and we set out to Varkala with Speedzak at the wheel of the Lancer. (which lancer..you ask?..take a hike i say...if you don't know the lancer that was the star of the TVM meet). Well to cut a long ride short Speedzak promptly started wringing its neck. The Magnaflow coming into its own element. And I must say that the road to Varkala beach sure has a few corners that the Lancer with its nice chassis should simply love. The ride down to the beach was punctuated by sounds of Speedzak downshifting and reving the Lancer with me joining in the fun a couple of time too.

meeting up at Kallambalam. the green zen got me into Team-BHP!!

Close to the beach we met up with JKDas' brother Hiran and a couple of his friends in the Santro and decided to head for Varkala cliff. Reached there in 10 minutes. By now the universal question was "LUNCH!!". So we deferred to the local knowledge and put our fate..stomachs rather in Hiran's very able hands. He proceeded to take us to a great restaurant where we dug into Sprites, prawns, a spaghetti dish, fish etc. The culinary delights have been illustrated in the posts below so i won't go into that detail. One word though about the food..SMASHING!!

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4yq8.jpg
Them rides - the Lancer and the Zen

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7vq4.jpg
photo-op before lunch

waiting for lunch

Over food the discussion turned to..Cars(what else?) and Team-Bhp. I sure learnt what engine blue-printing means(thx Anirudh). I also learnt that Sam Kapasi would die to 'ave a taste of the prawns..

to be contd...
Old 11th November 2006, 18:32   #278
Senior - BHPian

Meet report - just read about the next meet so decided to post fast!! - Part 2

contd...

Nikkibike's Swift

my M800 and JKdas Swift

Stomachs full and appetites sated we decided to head for the beach. After Naushad assured the local cop that we certianly had no intention to bomb the tourists or harm them by word or action he let us chose a spot on the beach. The rest of the session was marked by lotsa photography, an excursion into the water by Zak and Naushad. And of course a solitary man (Nikkibike) lost in thought on a rock.

Nikkibike lost in thought

The beach

Our Hosts for the day

Now after the natural scenery (and that of the two legged kind..of course..) we decided that it was time to head for the helipad where we parked our cars and check out the scenery under the hoods of our rides and listen to their sweet soothing internal combustion sounds!!

Everyone had a look at the freeflow and filter setup in my car, Anirudh being especially interested for plans in his 800. Then we headed for the Lancer that by now had the MagnaFlow growling and a healthy dose of attention. We tasked our sound engineer ..SpeedZak to figure out what was loose with the Lancers' audio setup..but since the back of the amp was not very accessible Zak was not too successful. I suspect he didn't try hard enough..that guy was in love with the Magnaflow i think

Then Karthik decided on his favourite pasttime..drifting..what else??..and pulled his car out. And we were eager to check out the Lancer's driving characteristics too. First in was Karthik himself and we got a few screeching starts and handbrake turns to kick out the tail. Then it was back and I had a go..not being too familiar with big sedans and their limits i just had a few rounds around the helipad. But two things..that car is so responsive and very drivable in any gear.

Back now and everyone had a go with Anirudh getting a beautiful drift. Now the locals started jumping in to try it out and Zak and Karthik rightly decided that the attention was hotting up a bit too much. So we decided to head to the main beach.

A short drive later with Anirudh piloting my 800 now and we reached the main beach. We parked up the cars and had a preview of the Hertz components in Nikkibike's Swift. A few photos later and we were ready to split up and started the drive home.

Jkdas - this is for you

Hiran and Co..you guys were great hosts. Jkdas ..we sure didn't feel your absence...well as far as the hosting was concerned!!

We split up at Kallambalam with the Cochin guys and started to Trivandrum. The pace back was sedate. A pretty big block enroute saw us loose 10-15 minutes..not that we were in any hurry anyway. At Kazakootam me and Anirudh pulled up for a cup of tea before be finally called up for a day. Shortly Anirudh gets a call from Nash for a small break up party in front of the Technopark campus, Trivandrum. Met up with Nash, Karthik, Suraj and Arif. 10 minutes later and the curtains come down on what has been a very enjoyable meet with each of us heading our respective ways.

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 11th November 2006, 23:57   #279
BANNED

Great writeup Shibu! Keep it coming (dont just limit it here ).

Guys! The meet was a very sweet event and it still hasn't lost its charming effect from our minds.

Thanx everybody for making this meet a great hit.
Especially Artofzen, Pyrocript, Kartik247, Arif_T01, Intrepid, Shibujp, nikkibike etc for making efforts to be at the meet.

We'll soon have the next meet. Until then, ..............
Old 12th November 2006, 09:27   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp
I also learnt that Sam Kapasi would die to 'ave a taste of the prawns..
Shibu, I now entrust you with my last wish.
When I am dying, please come with God's own prawns cooked in coconut milk, with hints of spice and sometimes, chunks of pineapple wrapped up in a banana leaf and feed me. You will surely get all my blessings and go to heaven. I will also leave you my ICE - that way you will achieve heaven, before you die.

Must plan coming to Kerala now....
Old 12th November 2006, 13:07   #281
BHPian

wow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Must plan coming to Kerala now....
hey zak, jk, artofzen, arif, shibu, karthik, intrepid, pyrocrypt, hiran.... lets lift this chap guys!!!! what say?!

How bout this new year eve?!!! Sam.... be ready to pull your bags dear!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 12th November 2006 at 13:10.
Old 12th November 2006, 23:19   #282
BANNED

Yeah! Let's make this hairy tatooed tree our Cheap Guest for the upcoming Kerala meet.

We can make the location of the meet somewhere in the woods or in some remote island. He wont be able to escape from there even if he wants to. (I know, he wont).

More updates about the upcoming meet in it's respective thread.

C'ya all there!
Old 30th November 2006, 07:39   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Yeah! Let's make this hairy tatooed tree our Cheap Guest for the upcoming Kerala meet.
Then lets get organised guys!! No time left now..!!
Old 1st December 2006, 11:15   #284
Senior - BHPian

see this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ec-2006-a.html

and mods, can this thread be locked?

Last edited by jkdas : 1st December 2006 at 11:17.

Most Viewed