Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:43   #46
BHPian

This was bound to happen. The bigger the meet the more the chances of sub groups getting formed. It is but natural. The only way to avoid, if you really want to is by having a event manager manage the event with pre planned activities.

That said, let's discuss and try to find out a way for future events.
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:54   #47
BHPian

Re: Kolkata Winter Meet 23rd December 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Nice it was for me and the rest, I guess.
It was nice to see / meet new faces glad we meet
But this meet was just a meet for the groups.
members who made it to the venue:

4. Anish9000 w/ E250 CDI
5. Amanjot w/ E250 CDI
9. Shaaz w/ Range Rover Evoque
Here is a picture of the three beauties standing side by side. Please excuse the poor picture quality, as the picture was taken by my daughter using her mobile phone camera.
Kolkata Winter Meet 23rd December 2012-imag0043.jpg
Regards,
Rahul
Old 23rd December 2012, 13:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
This was bound to happen. The bigger the meet the more the chances of sub groups getting formed..
I disagree Anirban. there were meets in the past, the biggest with about 30+ cars and members' interaction was far better.

Somehow the level of interaction this time was low.

Either these meets have lost the juice or, the drive took its toll. Hopefully it will be better next time.
Old 23rd December 2012, 15:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:

I disagree Anirban. there were meets in the past, the biggest with about 30+ cars and members' interaction was far better.

Either these meets have lost the juice or, the drive took its toll. Hopefully it will be better next time.
We agree to disagree.
But how to bring the juice back is the topic that should be on the top of our to do list.
May be people are not interacting frequently enough on the forum and thus are unable to find a common platform/ topic to discuss during the meet.
Old 24th December 2012, 06:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Hmmm. I kind of agree with you. The drive was horrible with so many trucks distracting a smooth progress. By the time we reached I think all of us were distracted. Also the weather was utterly cold for a few, so much so that many refused to speak afraid of letting in more cold air into their bodies. I think its just a one off case specially compared to the previous meet I dont think it involved a great level of planning. We also missed some key members this time around. I am sure we will do much better next time.

PS: A personal request. However it was who owned the black Merc, please no sudden braking on the highway for no reason on a cold Sunday morning when we are half asleep .
Old 24th December 2012, 08:42   #51
BHPian

I agree with samarjitdhar. Yesterday's meet was not upto the mark of the previous kolkata meets. The trucks indeed distracted and irritated us way too much to have a little energy in us for the meet. Some members drove very rashly. I would request other senior BHPians to take care of this fact. The food was great but the biting cold coupled with the bone chilling cold wind was a big reason towards yesterday's meet being a bit of a downer. Nobody wanted to open their mouth at all to speak outside. The cold had literally frosted our mouth's enough not to speak well. I do really hope that this has indeed been a one-off case only.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Hmmm. I kind of agree with you. The drive was horrible with so many trucks distracting a smooth progress. By the time we reached I think all of us were distracted. Also the weather was utterly cold for a few, so much so that many refused to speak afraid of letting in more cold air into their bodies. I think its just a one off case specially compared to the previous meet I dont think it involved a great level of planning. We also missed some key members this time around. I am sure we will do much better next time.
I found the drive to be very good. The trucks didn't bother me at all - couple of high beam flashes were enough / gentle of them to give way and i overook them with ease at city limit speeds.

The weather was indeed cold - but it was not a biggie!

Planning is very important for all kinds of meet. Driving in a group is fun. Driving to a destination, to find the first empty parking space is boring - if you know what i mean. in the last meet, i pulled over / waited on the NH2 because i waited to the tail enders and guess what, the meet was pretty good.

Quote:
We agree to disagree.
But how to bring the juice back is the topic that should be on the top of our to do list.
May be people are not interacting frequently enough on the forum and thus are unable to find a common platform/ topic to discuss during the meet.
Anirban - Let's hope we realize the common platform is just a simple 'CAR'

Last edited by planet_rocker : 24th December 2012 at 11:20.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:19   #53
BHPian

My small suggestion for future meets would be.

1 ) keep the drive short and leave more time for interaction and discussions.

2 ) Please do not start so early.

3 ) meet somewhere open, not a restaurant, say Rajarhat. Park all the cars in some bylane and just have adda.

Regards
Old 24th December 2012, 11:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Anirban - Let's hope we realize the common platform is just a simple 'CAR'
Sure. I was not present in this meet and whatever I say is based on what I am seeing on this thread or the emails. As long as everyone is on the same page with the common platform there is no doubt that the meets will be successful.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the common platform there is no doubt that the meets will be successful.
Agree! I am sure, the next meets will be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
My small suggestion for future meets would be.

1 ) keep the drive short and leave more time for interaction and discussions.

2 ) Please do not start so early.

3 ) meet somewhere open, not a restaurant, say Rajarhat. Park all the cars in some bylane and just have adda.

Regards
Good points - We tried that and it was awesome with loads of adda and tummy full of club kachauris / jalebis / lassi from a road side shop at CC1

Kolkata Winter Meet 23rd December 2012-img2012081200247.jpg
Old 25th December 2012, 09:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
PS: A personal request. However it was who owned the black Merc, please no sudden braking on the highway for no reason on a cold Sunday morning when we are half asleep .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
I do really hope that this has indeed been a one-off case only.
Quote:
Agree! I am sure, the next meets will be good.
I have been trying to make a point which probably has been deliberately ignored. WHY DOES OUR LIST FIGURE NAMES OF NON_MEMBERS. They can obviously join us. The venue is a public place anybody can come and join us and have healthy discussions but why feature their names in the list. It is always seen that these are the guys who drive like mad. A particular black car this time (NOT THE MERCEDES) completely spoiled my mood while driving down to the dhaba. He was speeding like crazy. We were there to enjoy the drive and not behave like some immature speed ka bhooka idiots who has never seen highways or will probably be exposed to such road for the last time in their lives. Trust me the way some non members' drive in these meets (not particularly this meet) it could well be their last time.

Again why am I saying this? It is their choice but if anything goes wrong because of the non members' stupidity Team Bhp's name will dragged in to this and it will be a big mess I guess.

P.S: I still loved the drive.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th December 2012 at 09:09.
Old 25th December 2012, 09:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Pancham - black car on your way back? Doesn't ring a bell to me! Non-members names have always been used earlier. That doesn't change anything.

Let's not discuss something which drags in forums name. I am sure you were driving as slow as I did. So the 10kph faster car must have jolted you somehow

Ideally next time, we should hire a bus and go. That way, we can interact and don't bother about other drivers on the road doing crazy speeds and all cheers!
Old 25th December 2012, 09:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pancham - black car on your way back? Doesn't ring a bell to me! Non-members names have always been used earlier. That doesn't change anything.
Not on our way back but in the morning. You turned up a bit late so you are not aware of the car. Ask samarjit da. It was the black car with a loud exhaust.
Quote:
Let's not discuss something which drags in forums name.
Any reason why? Isn't it our responsibility to protect the name of Team bhp. There were some bikers at the dhaba who knew it was a Team Bhp meet. So if they start saying "look this is how bhpians drive~~rash and dangerous" thats bad for the community.
Quote:
I am sure you were driving as slow as I did. So the 10kph faster car must have jolted you somehow
It was not 10Kmph. Multiply it with a higher single digit.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th December 2012 at 09:58.
Old 25th December 2012, 17:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if it will, because when they will discuss about how bhpians drive, we will be busy discussing about how the bikers ride and all so chillax.

If I add 101kph to the speed that I do, presuming that you were doing the same, that would mean your speed was just 60kph! Man! That's too slow, pancham take care and drive safe

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th December 2012 at 17:54.
Old 25th December 2012, 18:07   #60
BHPian

It was Fahad's corolla. Utterly rash driving. In some of the previous non BHP meet too he had driven like this. I pancham swagatadutta shomsree were all driving with each other and enjoying and suddenly this bloke without any sense of what to do were driving like it was the last day of their life. It irritated us to no extent. And yes as pancham has rightly said that the biker's had indeed reffeered to our meet some of the non-members as rash driving. It is bad because it indeed ruins our forum's name. We don't want it under any circumstances. am sure others don't want it too. Just on a footnote: if these people continue driving like this we should ban them from coming to our meet. cityvic can I humbly request you to convey this message to those concerned so that they understand the responsibility atleast.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks