Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 02:53   #301
BHPian

Re: The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : MEGA Hyd-Bangalore Drive Meet_ March 24th, 2013

I had to miss the event, but had some last-moment hiccup in my biz, which didn't allow me to sleep for the whole night, and didn't fancy driving 500 kms without sufficient sleep!

Would certainly try to join the next one - and yep Goa sounds like an AWESOME plan!

Although I'm one of the newest TBHIans, this time, I'd like to lead the road with my s80 and clear the traffic
Old 26th March 2013, 07:41   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : MEGA Hyd-Bangalore Drive Meet_ March 24th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
I had to miss the event, but had some last-moment hiccup in my biz, which didn't allow me to sleep for the whole night, and didn't fancy driving 500 kms without sufficient sleep!

Would certainly try to join the next one - and yep Goa sounds like an AWESOME plan!

Although I'm one of the newest TBHIans, this time, I'd like to lead the road with my s80 and clear the traffic
That is such a shame because you missed a great event.

If you were tired and did not wish to drive that far, you could have sat as a passenger in one of the various vehicles going. Some of us did that. The company is always welcome.

And it would have been so awesome on this trip with an s80 and a 320d leading the way and clearing traffic. A true opportunity missed. Ah well, perhaps next time.

Last edited by pganapathy : 26th March 2013 at 07:44.
Old 26th March 2013, 10:12   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post

And it would have been so awesome on this trip with an s80 and a 320d leading the way and clearing traffic.
Says the person who allowed a poor little rapid to clear traffic for them! :P
Old 26th March 2013, 10:34   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

It was an awesome team-bhp meet and nice to put some faces behind the handles.

Reached Point A(Just after Hebbal Flyover) by 6:10AM
Awesome B'fast by Waseem Sir. I normally don't like Upma but the one he brought was delicious.
The drive was excellent throughout. Driving with Bhpians and never felt that it was a 760Km drive.
Nice restaurant with good ambiance!
The food was excellent too, especially the fish. Also, despite the huge number, Waseem sir made sure every one got what they required. Great effort from him!
I couldn't interact with each and every one, as it was a huge group. Anyways, there is always a next time.
A BIG thanks to ALL who made this meet a grand success.

Total Distance Covered: 761.8 Kms
Fuel(Diesel) Consumed: 40.39L
AC: 100% ON
FE: 18.86 (Had it not been for the traffic between Hebbal to Bannerghatta Road it would have crossed 19).

Now, waiting for the next meet.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4459optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4466optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4467optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4478optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4483optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4486optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4488optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-dscn4493optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-photo0045optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-photo0047optimized.jpg  

The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-photo0048optimized.jpg  

Old 26th March 2013, 10:48   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rsudharshan and Diesel Convert, I have already initiated a mega inter state meet in goa in 2008. That time, i was planning a trip to goa and just casually proposed a meet and it turned out to be one of the mega-meets wherein guys from AP, KL, KA and MH ( including GTO) turned up and made it a grand success.
Therefore, organizing a repeat would not be too much of an issue as long as there is interest from all BHPians from all these states.
Aha, been there, done that. I was just upping the ante on Rajesh Rawal’s Pune-Hyd meet thoughts. Well then, this calls for a separate thread and in good time another meet…whenever, wherever. Over to you Mobike008, our very own Tbhp-mega meets ‘PiedPiper’
Old 26th March 2013, 10:52   #306
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for all the kind words.

It was such a pleasure meeting all of you.This drive meet was something special for me,met old pals and made lots of new friends.

I hope we have such drive meets as frequently as possible and yes, we should do the Goa meet.This place serves some great sea food.We could try local cuisine and visit restaurants which are frequented by locals, (I can dig out many of them.).

Lets set the ball rolling.When do we do this GOA MEET.?

Suggestions please.?

Waseem.
Old 26th March 2013, 10:57   #307
PVS
BHPian

Wow - that's quite an amazing meet there - and an equally amazing turnout as well!! It was a well deserved break for everyone out there I guess!! Kudos to all the organizers who pulled off this meet!

Last edited by PVS : 26th March 2013 at 10:57. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 26th March 2013, 11:04   #308
BHPian

@mobike008, @rkNair, @jeet

Nice report.

What a Mega drive meet it was! I had a great time interacting with everyone.

A lot has been said already by everyone here but I would just like to add a bit to it. The day started off with a delicious breakfast. Special thanks to Nikhil and Bajaj saab for the idly's and eggs. They certainly got the juices churning and I was hungry in no time.

I've never been to DVR mansion at Kurnool and boy what a surprise it was. The ambiance was amazing and the food was fantastic.

And, once again, thanks to all who organized this. It was a day very well spent.

@Rider60

Hope you reached back in one piece. While returning, we halted for a while at Munnawar dhaba and while others turned up you didn't or maybe you zoomed past us without we realizing it. Looks like 110 horses is not just for show.

btw, did you write your ownership review on how you remapped your punto 90 hp to 110 hp. I tried searching here but couldn't find it. I would love to read why you went for a remap and what are statistics after the remap.

Last edited by hurricanes : 26th March 2013 at 11:05.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Says the person who allowed a poor little rapid to clear traffic for them! :P
So sorry. My bad. I meant to say, an s80, a 320d and a RAPID. Sleep deprivation makes you forgetful

Anyway, you were an awesome sweeper and lead car. Looking forward to the next drive when more videos of both vehicles will come.

Last edited by pganapathy : 26th March 2013 at 11:13.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:07   #310
BHPian

Going by the pics and reports looks like this mega meet was a mega success. Feel sad I missed out on the event and meeting all the T-BHPians, esp the Bangalore team.

Good on you, Silverwood and Mobike008 for taking care of everything. Not many pics of the food though.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:41   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

Suggestions please.?

Waseem.
Late april lets say 20th weekend ?

We should maybe find some out of the way place to avoid the summer holiday crowd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
So sorry. My bad. I meant to say, an s80, a 320d and a RAPID. Sleep deprivation makes you forgetful

Anyway, you were an awesome sweeper and lead car. Looking forward to the next drive when more videos of both vehicles will come.
Was just kidding, but thanks for the compliments anyway!

@arun_josie
Great photographs!

Which reminds me I should upload mine too.

If people don't mind their number plates visible I can upload them right away!
Old 26th March 2013, 11:47   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Late april lets say 20th weekend ?

We should maybe find some out of the way place to avoid the summer holiday crowd!

If people don't mind their number plates visible I can upload them right away!
I wll not be interested in Goa during April, May and most of June, essentially, till the weather conditions are conducive at Goa. If we are talking late June to August, I am interested.

Post the photos with number plates showing. The plates are already showing in earlier posts so does not matter any more.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:48   #313
BHPian

My version : Installment 1.

Me & Torrent were late by 3 mins at Point A. Hence no pictures from there.
The traffic police shooed us away from our original meeting spot(Point B).
We improvised & gathered a few kms away.
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5589.jpg

It turned out to be a better location.
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5604.jpg
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5603.jpg

Mobike008 explaining why he was only 2 mins early.
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5590.jpg

I made one mistake, while waiting at Point B, had a quick dig at a couple of mysore bondas at Shamshabad to compensate for breakfast.
I did not expect the below. May be I would want to be better informed next time.

The Idli/Bread shop in full swing with itz fare
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5594.jpg
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5596.jpg

Just before starting, a quick get together to sync the GPS/phones/etc on the next pitstop (New Munavar Hotel). See the group huddle.
It is a different story that 2 vehicles were looking for (Old Munavar Hotel)
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5601.jpg

The inviting yummylicious road. someone tell me otherwise.
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5629.jpg

The 16 vehicles that halted at 'New Munavar'. Missing: Figo & Scorpio
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5607.jpg
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5622.jpg

The closest the could get to the leader.
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5627.jpg

Just after the Third Toll before entering Kurnool.
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-img_5634.jpg

Thanks to 'Torrent' for the below collage. Hyderabad cars at a glance from Munavar(2 missing).
  • The 2013 Hyderabad Meets Thread : When is next one???-team-bhp-24mar13.jpg

Last edited by DieselDon : 26th March 2013 at 11:53.
Old 26th March 2013, 12:22   #314
Senior - BHPian

wow! you guys had one heck of meet!! couldn't make it due to prior family engagement.

so when's the AP+KA+MH meet in Goa?
Old 26th March 2013, 12:26   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Good on you, Silverwood and Mobike008 for taking care of everything. Not many pics of the food though.
How can you even think there wont be enough foodie pics? Hold on, it will come in due course of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Thanks to 'Torrent' for the below collage. Hyderabad cars at a glance from Munavar(2 missing).
That's a wonderful collage. Please pass on my thanks to your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Aha, been there, done that. I was just upping the ante on Rajesh Rawal’s Pune-Hyd meet thoughts. Well then, this calls for a separate thread and in good time another meet…whenever, wherever. Over to you Mobike008, our very own Tbhp-mega meets ‘PiedPiper’
As Hyd_Traveller already mentioned meet in Goa in this summer wont be too great. Firstly, its too early for another mega meet, secondly, most of the people wont be interested for such a longish drive so soon ( if its proposed for April/May).

Why not repeat 2008 inter-state meet? I anyways plan to be in Goa during Aug 15 (Thursday) weekend during which period iam sure plenty of other BHPians will also be planning to holiday there which can be used to coincide with a mega inter state meet.

We can start a dedicated thread to discuss this early June-2013
Closed Thread

Most Viewed