Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 10:13   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I have taken a Ritz.
Then my Linea should go there.

Now a bit OT and rail spotting info for the day.

WDG3A with red devil horns with an unknown rake near Doddaballapur Railways Station. The horn was too good.

Twin WGD3A (Orange) from Gooty with BOXN Rake toward Rajankunte.

WDP4 from KJM Shed with Kacheguda - Yeswantapur Rake. Loco Pilot waved too.

Gooty - WDM3A towards Hindupur with an unknown passenger - Guessing it is the Guntur passenger. It had a lousy horn though.
Old 11th March 2013, 10:49   #47
BHPian

Re: A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians

Missed it! I was preoccupied the entire weekend. Hope to make it for the next meet. I am sure it would have been a great/fun meet.
Old 11th March 2013, 10:55   #48
BHPian

Did anyone spot a 3 wheeler bike with the size of maruthi van? It was coming in the opposite direction when we were heading after yelahanka signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
How did you manage to take the i10 on this track

Bring em on!
Even you Linea would have made it.

key is to
- Slot it in first gear and slight acceleration when required.
- Have a recovery vehicle before doing it.
I wouldn't have taken risk if it was only my vehicle but after seeing 4 tractors for the rescue did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
please post the picture of your i10 which you took at our meeting point with the mud wall as the background.
Shishir is still sleeping i guess
By the way love the snap which shishir has taken where i10 rear left single wheel was up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I took a detour since I wanted to see the curves what I had come for.
It was a wonderful drive, Curvy and empty. Me and my abarth loved it.
Even myself & shishir took the Ghati subramanya road Just before that railway over bridge and did not miss the curves which Hondadude has posted.

I would have surely trekked the hill if it was 6am, anyway next time.
Old 11th March 2013, 11:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Did anyone spot a 3 wheeler bike with the size of maruthi van? It was coming in the opposite direction when we were heading after yelahanka signal.

Yes, i did it was a white colored one .It had a huge DUCATI written on the front.
It was really nice.
Not sure if someone got to capture that .
Cheers
Old 11th March 2013, 11:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Yes, i did it was a white colored one .It had a huge DUCATI written on the front.
It was really nice.
Not sure if someone got to capture that.
Was it this?

If so, it's the Can Am Spyder.

Source : Super Cars & Bikes in Bangalore/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Attached Thumbnails
A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-417608_491879934200534_519026726_n.jpg  

Old 11th March 2013, 11:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ok, NOw I guess everyone has seen what the total group did in the meet. I will not be posting the same photos.,

I will post the photos which every one missed. It was one heck of a drive and I guess everyone would have loved to be at this below spot.

It was worth the drive for Me and BRRAJ.

The lake was so awesome and I can challenge everyone would have loved it if you guys had followed us.

So let the pics speak for itself

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-190_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-191_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-193_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-196_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-197.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-199_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-202_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-204_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-211.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-212_1.jpg
Old 11th March 2013, 12:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
It was really nice.
Not sure if someone got to capture that .
Cheers
The guy was wearing the "DUCATI" gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Was it this?

Yes, it was indeed Can Am Spyder. White with KA 50 Registration.
Old 11th March 2013, 12:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Was it this?

Source : Super Cars & Bikes in Bangalore/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Bingo , this was the baby .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
The guy was wearing the "DUCATI" gears.

Yes, it was indeed Can Am Spyder. White with KA 50 Registration.
I was sure other would have also spotted the same , as it was huge one and looked awesome.

Cheers
Old 11th March 2013, 12:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
So let the pics speak for itself
This one :

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-191_1.jpg

reminds me of this:

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-photo00ff07optimized.jpg

P.S. Credit for the 2nd pic goes to Arun Josie who posted it in another thread.
Old 11th March 2013, 12:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
This was not part of our group.
Attachment 1060545
Thanks a bunch for capturing this. The Ducati hiding behind the Intruder was a meanie. And I really mean especially after he leaned-in the left side of his handle bar almost below the right side of the handle-bar of an HH Splendor in an overtaking manoeuvre when he sprung into action.
Old 11th March 2013, 12:57   #56
BHPian

@speed kills - That was the one.

@n_aditya - Humorous, Shishir is going to post i10 on 2 wheels so be prepared with another hilarious photo .

@Shishir - You should also post the off roading pictures at Makalidurga main meeting point which many missed.

Now i missed to mention "Petrol Scam" story while on the way to hebbal meeting point.

This petrol bunk is in JC road and that is the only one in JC road i guess. Asked him to fill for rs1500.
Didn't get out as i could see the meter readings from my rear left window. He started to fill and as soon as its nearing 1000rs a person came to me and asked..

He - Sir, please type your mobile number to get discount coupon for cafe coffee day.
Me - Not interested.(Gave me his Credit card reader to type my mobile number)
He - Sir, you will get discounts on you next fill as well.
Me - Not interested.

Meanwhile i turn to see whats the meter reading (was around 1200rs by now) and the guy who was filling petrol stopped filling and was typing 1500 on console. Immediately came to know its a scam and my blood was boiling. Early morning not in a mood to fight got down as if i am going to hit him. suddenly the guy who was offering discount coupon knowing the scenario told me that the meter has tripped and asked me to wait till he rectifies and went inside the building. From the building he shouted to the filler saying the meter has tripped and wait for some time. After some time the meter reading from 1500 got back to 1200 which was the actual fill. Paid 1200 and left to meeting point.

Last edited by brraj : 11th March 2013 at 13:02.
Old 11th March 2013, 13:04   #57
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to everyone for the amazing meet yesterday. What was initially supposed to be a 4 member meet multiplied by 10 times, fantastic stuff! It was great to meet lots of new faces who were attending a meet for the first time.

Nice report by mempheS.D, gives a gist of the entire event from start to finish. nkrishnap, Sidhu, crazyDriver, Soumyajit9, PC77 and myself headed back via the same route after the event, after stopping for some tender coconut. A few of you went to Green valley resort for lunch after the meet, could you please post pictures of what happened there? *winks*

Awesome pictures by everyone, especially superb shots by guyfrmblr and hemanth.anand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
The stealth machine:
Attachment 1060453
I, er... see some swirl marks on the bonnet, H4wk. Can we do something about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I was taking tips from the original Abarth guru during breakfast , nice captures there.

I didn't take too many pictures since there were so many others taking better shots. I'll post whatever I have in the evening. Keep 'em pictures coming, whoever took pics.

P.S - Sorry for the rather late entrance at the starting point - alarm clocks and Sunday mornings don't go hand in hand you see.
Old 11th March 2013, 13:13   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
A few of you went to Green valley resort for lunch after the meet, could you please post pictures of what happened there? *winks*
lol. We went to Green Valley resort and were not allowed to enter inside. The place was empty but they said they only allow entry by appointment!

Pretty silly. The manager said you need reservation or you need to opt for package deal. We went back towards Yelahanka and stopped for snacks and refreshments at Silver Oaks resort next to Angsana.

Very peaceful place. Ended up chatting there for more than an hour.

Also realised that the next meet we do should be a half day package with lunch at one of these resorts. While we were at Silver Oaks, each one of us was tempted to jump into the pool.

I think this area of Bangalore has very good roads that are relatively free and lots of resorts as well.
Old 11th March 2013, 13:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Also realised that the next meet we do should be a half day package with lunch at one of these resorts. While we were at Silver Oaks, each one of us was tempted to jump into the pool.
+1 Nice idea there. I wish there were many more such meets every month or every two months atleast.
Old 11th March 2013, 14:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

So here goes the I10 wheels up in the air. Though I don't know what it was supposed to do. But I guess since I was watching it, it didn't do anything there.

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-154_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-155_1.jpg

A not so "quick" Bangalore T-BHP meet with 25 cars, 10 bikes and 40 BHPians-makalidurga_tbhp_drive-156_1.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks