Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 11:11   #61
BANNED

Hey,

I did not miss the 10pm part. This thread was about a Sunday morning trip hence my comment. In any case was only joking.

BTW just got to know last night taht I have a family gettogether on the 11th hence I will be out. My grand dads death anniversary.

Viper
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:13   #62
elf
BANNED

I may be in, if you guys quit monkeying around & fix a date! Jeez! My wedding date was fixed faster than this, with 1% of the discussion!!!! What are we a bunch of.... chix???!!!
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:23   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
so 11th it is, lets have a location convenient for pune guys too, since quite a few BHPians from pune have shown interest this time.. Here's my take on the location (as mentioned earlier in this thread)

1. Malsejh Ghat
2. Kashid (pune guys can take the mulshi road, ive heard its brilliant)
3. Matheran

please brainstorm for other locations, cant think of any other locations convenient for both pune and mumbai guys, mahabaleshwar will be way too off for mumbai ppl..

cheers!
Shrivz...

Guys lets make it to malsejh ghat early morning trip. Come on lets come to one conclusion:.Anyway i am going with my friends to malsejh in open jeep anyone wants to join us

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by ported_head : 3rd June 2006 at 13:37.
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:29   #64
BHPian

Guys, I'm definately in this time!

I will be picking up my bro from his college at Lonavala on Fri night / Sat morn and then driving to my parent's place at Thane.

Matheran is a beautiful place, but the drive is not all that interesting... and once we get there, the cars / bikes would just end up in the parking lot at the base... then we would have to rename this thread "TBHPians Mumbai Parking"... that would be a shame, wouldn't it

Kashid is a beautiful and isolated beach, reasonably good drive (barring some HORRIBLE roads here and there) but it is a BEACH! Monsoon tides are too dangerous for everybody except the most expert swimmers and if it is raining, a beach picnic will be slushy, sticky and not very enjoyable.

My vote is for MALSEJ GHAT! I drove there last year in heavy rains... IT IS A BEAUTIFUL DRIVE! It's a great place for treking; there are lots of sights to see all along the route and it is a nice place for a picnic if it is not raining... and if it is raining cats and dogs, IT IS EVEN BETTER!

The last time I went, there was even a "natural car wash", where a water fall rains down with it all its fury, RIGHT OVER THE ROAD! An experience not to be missed...

Either way... Me 'n my baby (my car, GFs please excuse ) are in no matter where we are going.

Lets decide where to meet up.

- T u r b o C -
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:20   #65
BHPian

MALSEJ GHAT...
i think this is the location we have to go to...
as per popularity.............
now start the counting......whos coming and in whos car....
jitu im driving ur car ...unless i can get one of my suvs out...trying to get them rain ready.....
let the confirmations begin....
Old 3rd June 2006, 17:07   #66
BHPian

Im game for Malsejh.. 11th June 2006!!!!

lets consider this final! what say people???

~cheers~
Old 3rd June 2006, 21:26   #67
BHPian

i m also in jitu i m comin wid you
Old 3rd June 2006, 21:54   #68
BHPian

Sorry guyz..
I am gonna be in Bangalore at that time so cant make it...
Have fun tho..
Cheersss
Old 3rd June 2006, 22:11   #69
elf
BANNED

11th June I may be in... shall check with wifey.
Old 4th June 2006, 13:15   #70
BHPian

Thts gr8...probably after this drive i'll stop kickin myself for missing the goa drive.............ROCAM.....i wanna ride in ur beast man....im in with more frnds and more SOUPED up cars....
Old 4th June 2006, 13:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

11th june...iam in with 11 others
Old 4th June 2006, 17:08   #72
BHPian

Whooo hoo! ... looks like the sales pitch for Malsejh Ghat worked!

I will be there with a car load (4 - 5 ppl)... may have a 2nd car + car load joining in (not yet confirmed)... Will start sending out mailers on Monday now that we have the destination locked.

We need to plan out the logistics... meeting points, times, rough iternary for the day etc.

I will be starting off from Thane... anybody else from Thane coming? Where are the Mumbai & Pune guys meeting up?

Depending who is in my car on Sunday, I may either drive directly to Pune or drive back to Thane for the night.

- T u r b o C -
Old 4th June 2006, 17:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Guys ,

Malshej ghat won't be that happening at this time of the year. Let it rain for a month or so and then in the last week of June / first week of July the place will be awesome. Besides if you are planning on a saturday/sunday drive - let me warn you about the loads of Sumo's/Qualis' that will be there on the road.

This time you could do daman - in July when the rains are on in fullswing , Malshej would be better - IMO.

Have fun though wherever you go and drive safe.
Old 4th June 2006, 21:02   #74
BHPian

nc may be right about waiting for more rain to goto Malsej ... The monsoons comenced in Pune with a bang, but the last couple of days have been cool but D - R - Y ... not sure what the scene is like on the Mumbai side. If this keeps up, I'm afraid Malsej will be out :( ... but on the brighter side, Kashid will be in.

Loads of Sumos / Qaulis'?
All part of "The Great Indian Road Show"!

Daman is ok for me too... never been there. Is it a day trip or would it need to include a night out? (Passenger list may depend on this!)

Any RELIABLE weather reports guys?

- T u r b o C -
Old 4th June 2006, 22:44   #75

hello guys i am new here...so dont knw any of u guys in here...hope u guys enjoy the trip...my best wishes to u all....happy journey
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks