Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 23:23   #241
BHPian

Sorry guys, won't be able to make it to this one.

Tried all permutation / combination but none is working.

Have fun! Looking forward to some distinguished photographs .. P
Old 6th July 2013, 10:06   #242
BHPian

Please include me in the tentative list. Will try my best to come.
Old 6th July 2013, 14:00   #243
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet @ Hiranandani Powai. Brunch in South-Mumbai on 7th July, 20

Hi Guys!!

Really sorry but due to a last minute work related emergency i will have to cancel although i will still try my best but chances are very weak.

VVB
Old 6th July 2013, 17:23   #244
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet @ Hiranandani Powai. Brunch in South-Mumbai on 7th July, 20

Is there any group forming on south mumbai side to collect at NCPA/Trident? If so, what time will they gather or will they reach the location after the BHPians arrive there?
Old 6th July 2013, 17:27   #245
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Is there any group forming on south mumbai side to collect at NCPA/Trident? If so, what time will they gather or will they reach the location after the BHPians arrive there?
As per current understanding; speedy, supercars and Raj Bajwa would be meeting us directly at NCPA/Trident.
Old 6th July 2013, 17:35   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
As per current understanding; speedy, supercars and Raj Bajwa would be meeting us directly at NCPA/Trident.
Thanks for the info, SDP. Could you kindly PM me the mobile number of the BHPian coordinating with this group (I presume it's Jignesh) incase I can 'Tapko' at the last moment.
Old 6th July 2013, 17:55   #247
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Thanks for the info, SDP. Could you kindly PM me the mobile number of the BHPian coordinating with this group (I presume it's Jignesh) incase I can 'Tapko' at the last moment.
Just sent you a PM.

Esma1981, need one help. The google maps are not updated with the Eastern Freeway and I am struggling to find out the entry point on Chembur/Wadala side. Can you help with the exact coordinates of the entry point or mark it on a map?
Old 6th July 2013, 18:26   #248
Senior - BHPian

SDP, check the map. The entry should be on left on the loop besides the Indian Oil Apartments Complex on Ghatkopar-Mankhurd Road coming from Ghatkopar. Had seen it many times on that way while under construction, though Google Maps still says it as planned, that is the one.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-mumbai-eastern-freeway-gtk-entry.jpg

Last edited by parsh : 6th July 2013 at 18:27.
Old 6th July 2013, 18:34   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Just sent you a PM.

Esma1981, need one help. The google maps are not updated with the Eastern Freeway and I am struggling to find out the entry point on Chembur/Wadala side. Can you help with the exact coordinates of the entry point or mark it on a map?
Attached the Map. Also good explanation on this post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3170614
Attached Thumbnails
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-chembur.jpg  

Last edited by esma1981 : 6th July 2013 at 18:39. Reason: Added quote of SDP
Old 6th July 2013, 18:34   #250
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
SDP, check the map. The entry should be on left on the loop besides the Indian Oil Apartments Complex on Ghatkopar-Mankhurd Road coming from Ghatkopar. Had seen it many times on that way while under construction, though Google Maps still says it as planned, that is the one.

Attachment 1106491
Thanks Parsh! But, my understanding is that this section is not complete and not open to public.

Did a little bit of search myself. I believe the statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Panjarapol (19.046024,72.909134) is the entry point currently.

Can someone please reconfirm?

EDIT: Just saw esma19811's post. Thanks for the confirmation!

Last edited by SDP : 6th July 2013 at 18:36.
Old 6th July 2013, 18:37   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parsh! But, my understanding is that this section is not complete and not open to public.

Did a little bit of search myself. I believe the statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Panjarapol (19.046024,72.909134) is the entry point currently.

Can someone please reconfirm?
Oh, is that so? I was not aware of that. Would have tried this point if I was going and did not know.

Seems the map above by Esmail could be the one then?

Edit: Just read that the Panjarpol to Ghatkopar IOC junction is to be completed by Dec 2013. So RK Studios in Chembur/Panjarpol should be the closest point opened now. Thanks for correcting my understanding.

Last edited by parsh : 6th July 2013 at 18:47.
Old 6th July 2013, 19:25   #252
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Directions from Powai till entry point of Eastern Freeway:

Come out of Hirandani complex and join the JVLR at the Pizza Hut junction. Take right onto JVLR. Take right at the end of JVLR (at Vikhroli) to join Eastern Express highway. Stay on the Eastern Express highway till Chembur.

DO NOT take the Amar Mahal flyover. Stay on the left and from under the flyover, take the left towards Chembur East. After ~1.5 kms take another left and then head straight towards Shivajai Maharaj Statue at Panjarapol.

The following maps should help.
Point A is the exit point (under Amar Mahal flyover) where we should leave the Easter Express highway.
Point B is the left after 1.5kms.
Point C is the approximate entry point for the Eastern Freeway.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-map-1.jpg

More details of point A. Do NOT take the sharp left onto PL Lokhande road.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-map-2.jpg

More details of point B.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-map3.jpg

More details of point C. The Green arrows show the Eastern Freeway.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-map4.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 6th July 2013 at 19:26.
Old 6th July 2013, 20:53   #253
BHPian

Ok.

So around when will you guys be reaching NCPA ?

I tried calling SDP but looks like his phone is still dead so who should I contact now ?
Old 6th July 2013, 20:57   #254
BHPian

Can we have the person knowing the route lead the way, other will follow. Or is it that nobody from the Powai bunch knows the entry to Eastern Freeway?
Old 6th July 2013, 21:18   #255
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Ok.

So around when will you guys be reaching NCPA ?

I tried calling SDP but looks like his phone is still dead so who should I contact now ?
We spoke. Would give you a call once we exit the Freeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Can we have the person knowing the route lead the way, other will follow. Or is it that nobody from the Powai bunch knows the entry to Eastern Freeway?
People drive at different speeds. We generally try to stick together. Each one knowing the broad route would help to avoid confusions later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions on the town side:

After exiting the Eastern Freeway, one needs to remain on the straight on PD Dmello road (and not take any turns) till we reach the Prince of Wales museum/ Regal Cinema circle.

Here we need to take a right on to the Madam Kama road and drive till we hit the seaface at the Air India building .

Then take left from here to the dead-end at NCPA.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-map-5.jpg

Thanks esma1981 for the route help!

Last edited by SDP : 6th July 2013 at 21:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks