Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 23:28   #301
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet @ Hiranandani Powai. Brunch in South-Mumbai on 7th July, 20

karan I would love to drive your car and see this LIM feature.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th July 2013 at 19:26. Reason: Sorry we dont allow discussion on high speed runs on Public roads, thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 09:45   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet @ Hiranandani Powai. Brunch in South-Mumbai on 7th July, 20

Nice drive and meet. Thanks to all for the pics and report. Turns out I was out and about on the same day, doing the same thing. Except that I like totally empty roads and generally not a soul around. Maybe next time I can persuade myself to join you guys and digest a couple more cars on the road

Here is a pic of my 7:00 am drive. Bandra - Chembur - CST - Colaba - breakfast with a fellow BHPian - Bandra. The Eastern Freeway feels like a time warp, even maintaining reasonable speeds can get one from one end to the other in much lesser time than can be expected from the old route, provided there isn't a traffic snarl en route.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-1.png
Old 10th July 2013, 15:42   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Having nicely warmed up with couple of mini meets, I think it's time now to plan for a monsoon mega meet.

Drive to Igatpuri and lunch at Oye Punjabi (repeat of an earlier meet) still sound cool to me.

What say people?
Count me in but please dont keep on the last week of July and last week of August.

July end is Dhabosa and Aug end is Kolad
Old 10th July 2013, 19:02   #304
BHPian

Guys really sorry for giving the taang specially after taunting others myself for giving the taang. Had to miss out due to an urgent work related complication and spent the entire day in a Bhiwandi warehouse. Looks like you guys had a good time. Next time for sure.

VVB
Old 10th July 2013, 20:34   #305
SDP
Team-BHP Support

OT:
Just noticed that the Sunday Drive+Meet has made it to the Hot Threads section.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-hot-threads.jpg
Old 10th July 2013, 22:44   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Sadly BMW's dont have cruise control but a similar feature called as "LIM" where the speed is set but have to keep the foot on the accelerator pedal always.

So LIM just keeps the speed stable irrespective of the throttle input (LIM is deactivated as soon as you kick down the throttle - a safety feature of sort)
LIM is a safety feature which works very well with the ECO PRO.
and BMW's do have Cruise Control, but somehow they decided to have it absent on the 3 Series and the X1.

But anyways good to see you doing 100 and still able to take a pic
Old 10th July 2013, 23:19   #307

Hi SDP and fellow bhpians, I missed out on last weeks mini meet. Would like to join for the next on. When do we meet next?

Engrohit thats a great drive to igatpuri. Iam in. Wish i get to meet many bhpians too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Count me in but please dont keep on the last week of July and last week of August.

Are you planning dhabosa and kolas with some other group. Do let me know if I can also join in.

MOD Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 01:58. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 09:04   #308
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Thanks everybody for the meet. Karan Uncle, I suppose was the star for the kids, including my son.
Good pics Kiran! But just 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
... Hopefully before the monsoon ends we can have a drive out of the city
Interesting. Let's explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Some pics taken from my humble i-phone;
Even though sitting at the back it was good to see SDP's daughter strapping on the seatbelt
Twin F30 photoshoot;

Good snaps, especially the Twin F30 photoshoot! Any videos of the smokeshow?
Wearing set-belts even in the back-seat has become a habit for the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Looks like an awesome meet, been waiting to try the EEFW since long, was in Pune so had to skip this meet :(
Catch you next time Maverick5490!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Thanks Sanjay for this initiative . I have been trying hard to manage but this office work is killing. Weekends not spared as well .

Hooked up for next update.
Catch you next time Dodge_Viper .. most likely at Powai for snacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Lovely pics! I happened to miss this one as well due to some prior committments (was travelling).

@Karan, nice pics. I specially liked the Speed display on the screen
There is always a next time amtak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Having nicely warmed up with couple of mini meets, I think it's time now to plan for a monsoon mega meet.

Drive to Igatpuri and lunch at Oye Punjabi (repeat of an earlier meet) still sound cool to me.

What say people?
Good idea! Let's explore it over chai at the tapri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Nice drive and meet. Thanks to all for the pics and report. Turns out I was out and about on the same day, doing the same thing. Except that I like totally empty roads and generally not a soul around. Maybe next time I can persuade myself to join you guys and digest a couple more cars on the road

Here is a pic of my 7:00 am drive. Bandra - Chembur - CST - Colaba - breakfast with a fellow BHPian - Bandra. The Eastern Freeway feels like a time warp, even maintaining reasonable speeds can get one from one end to the other in much lesser time than can be expected from the old route, provided there isn't a traffic snarl en route.

Attachment 1108481
Ah, so we missed you by a few hours! The freeway remained empty even at 10:30am. But after exiting it, there was regular traffic on the town side. None of us could have stopped next to the Asiatic Library to get a nice shot like you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Nice plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Guys really sorry for giving the taang specially after taunting others myself for giving the taang. Had to miss out due to an urgent work related complication and spent the entire day in a Bhiwandi warehouse. Looks like you guys had a good time. Next time for sure.

VVB
Catch you in Powai next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen rally sport View Post
Hi SDP and fellow bhpians, I missed out on last weeks mini meet. Would like to join for the next on. When do we meet next?

Engrohit thats a great drive to igatpuri. Iam in. Wish i get to meet many bhpians too.
Please do join. Most likely next meet would be at the regular spot in Powai.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:12   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Nice plans!

Catch you in Powai next time!

Please do join. Most likely next meet would be at the regular spot in Powai.
I want to join for the next meet too, would be my first meet with teambhp folks! I work in Vikhroli, so Powai is a hop skip for me!
Old 11th July 2013, 12:00   #310

Great Initiatives Guys and equally awesome pics

As a newbie i would love to meet up with fellow Team BHPians and eat your brains

However i work in the Navi Mumbai belt and by the time I leave, the traffic will not let me reach Powai on time sadly.

However if there are any weekend meets than I am game. Loved the expressway meet, I myself have been thinking about going there, but haven't been able to do that yet. I would also like to meet folks who live in Thane (like Ghodlur) especially as I need to get some knowledge download on resources in my city like good mechanics, etc. So if any experienced member would like to share some tips over a cup of coffee or wadapav, let me know.

Thanks.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:18   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
I want to join for the next meet too, would be my first meet with teambhp folks! I work in Vikhroli, so Powai is a hop skip for me!
Hello Bobbafett,

You are welcome.

The next meet will be over next weekend (Friday) at Powai. Do keep checking this thread for updates.

Thanks,
Old 11th July 2013, 15:48   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen rally sport View Post
Hi

Are you planning dhabosa and kolas with some other group. Do let me know if I can also join in.
Sorry to say Sorry. Its with my old friends. We generally do make it a point to go to Kolad every year. If you need details about the place etc, feel free to PM me.
Old 11th July 2013, 21:53   #313
BHPian

Hey folks,

Do count me in for our next meeting. Missed on the earlier one due to my travel commitments. Would definately follow this thread to update on the next meeting date.

Meanwhile, loved the snaps, especially the Beamer Twins. Ciao all soon.
Old 12th July 2013, 04:31   #314
BHPian

Flying Spur does not want his style cramped by having lesser cars around him. :P

I see everyone is getting their BMW's.
I guess I will buy a new car and then come and meet you guys.
Old 12th July 2013, 08:22   #315
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Guys, have a look at the poll results for next meet's options.
17 for snacks meet as compared to 7 for dinner meet.

Democratic forum. Let's go with the majority.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks