View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2018, 12:49   #1186
Senior - BHPian

re: Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians

Am game for these meets if they happen on a weekend. Weekdays my day finishes too late for it to be practical. Look forward to meeting Bombay members of TBHP
Old 12th February 2018, 01:01   #1187
BHPian

So finally we did meet after more than a year. Though the count was not as expected, we had one new face joining the regular faces. Rest was business as usual. Plan was to meet at 7, and everyone started dropping in one after other.

Once we had a decent number we moved on to our regular Snack Joint at K3.

Our usual order at K3
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4271.jpg

So we did try to take a customary pic with the Snack Joint in the background...
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4272-copy.jpg

But soon realised that there's too much light in the background and got the regular pic clicked.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4273-copy.jpg

Sid, Vinay & KD
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4275.jpg

Our very own Moderator and the one who initiated this thread almost 5 years ago, SDP
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4276.jpg

New Face, Devendra
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4277.jpg

And finally that's me!
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4282.jpg

We then moved back to where our rides were parked and some of us decided to go on their way... Just then VVB Arrived... and impromptu Dinner Plan was made.

VVB with the Swag!
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4288.jpg

Desmo joined us late...
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4289.jpg

And finally the Selfie!
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_4290-copy.jpg

So finally a meet, a very good meet though with the small numbers, we have decided to try and meet pretty often now so that the new guys can also be a part of the regular meets and drives.

Keep watching this thread for the details on the next such meet, which mostly should be in another 2 weeks time.

Last edited by SDP : 12th February 2018 at 06:58. Reason: Fixed problem with large images :)
Old 12th February 2018, 10:36   #1188
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys for meeting up and special thanks to Swaps for the pics!

I loved the Mumbai-mini-meets when they were fairly regular. Most of the friends that I have made on TeamBHP are people I have met on one of those meets. It was such a great way to catch up with what's happening. The discussions and fun was amazing. Then the whatsapp group happened. It was meant for better coordination of the meets, but eventually ended up being an "endless virtual team-BHP meet", thereby making the actual fortnightly meet redundant and sort of a burden (why leave early on a weekday and navigate through dense traffic, when you can type whatever that comes to your mind at whatever time you choose). Anyways.

This time, I guess TheMileCruncher started the topic again. A few guys were ready. Swaps and Vinay pinged me about it. I had a weekly review from 7 to 8:30, so I wasn't very sure whether I would be able to make it. Somehow the call got cancelled at last moment. Vinay called and said 3 of them are already next to the Hiranandani school. Had loads of work to complete, but I packed up immediately and braved the Andheri-SEEPZ traffic to be at the meet around 7:30ish. It was great to meet up the old gang (swaps, Vinay, KD, Sid) and the new gentleman TheMileCruncher. Started from the meeting place at 9pm, only to get a call in 5 mins that VVB has reached. Took a U, went back and ended up chatting with them again till 10pm.

Had to stay up till 2am, but finished the time-critical work items before retiring to bed. No regrets though. Totally worth it!

Where do we go from here? I guess, the "fortnightly" part needs to be revisited. May be every 3 or 4 weeks would be more doable for many. Also does Friday evening makes sense for most or would people actually step out on a Saturday/Sunday for a mini-meet? Keeping the meets regular is important. Just announce the next date after one meet is over and keep on tracking confirmed/tentative participant list. I have always maintained that in a mini-meet, numbers do not matter. One would have fun and meaningful conversations with any group of size 4 to 8. Bigger meets invariably get into sub-groups and then some people might feel left out. Anyways, these are my views. Open to new ideas, discussions and healthy debates.

Cheers!

Last edited by SDP : 12th February 2018 at 10:59.
Old 12th February 2018, 19:07   #1189
BHPian

The biggest bane of life in Bombay is the terrible traffic conditions which is getting worse by the day. Driving through the infamous JVLR on a Friday evening is a night mare. Anyone from North Bombay on the western side attending the meeting in Powai will have a double whammy of sorts as we will be greeted with ugly traffic on the western express highway on our way back. The on going Metro work keeps the highway chocked right until 1AM every night. As much as I would like to attend the meet, the Friday evening traffic situation is keeping me out. I don’t want to propose any change if the Friday time slot and Powai venue works for the regulars. However, I just want to plant the idea of scheduling the meet once in a while on a Sunday morning as that is one of the few times when the traffic is relatively less in the city. Bandra West Carter road can be a good option. It should not be that difficult for people from most parts of the city to drive to. Plenty of eating options as well.
Old 12th February 2018, 23:27   #1190
Senior - BHPian

I joined the guys for dinner at 11. Was greeted by vvb, sid, swap and vinay. Had a good time meeting and discussing love stories of everyone on the table. It's always fun to be with this group. Like SDP said, its important to revive these meets.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 13th February 2018, 11:46   #1191
BHPian

I like the suggestion made by Rajwant here, but Sunday is mostly a family day and meeting every fortnightly on a Sunday Morning may not be possible. Maybe a breakfast meet or a Early Morning drive may work out. We have also missed out on the Zombie Drive for a long time now.
I would still say keep it on a Friday and let's put out a date in advance and keep it a once in a month affair and not a fortnightly as Sanjay suggested.
With that in mind let's identify a date for next month and track how many are interested.
Old 15th February 2018, 18:57   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
I like the suggestion made by Rajwant here, but Sunday is mostly a family day and meeting every fortnightly on a Sunday Morning may not be possible. Maybe a breakfast meet or a Early Morning drive may work out. We have also missed out on the Zombie Drive for a long time now.
I would still say keep it on a Friday and let's put out a date in advance and keep it a once in a month affair.

Hi Swapnil,

I agree. I didn't mean to say that convert the bi weekly or monthly meet to be on Sunday permanently. I meant to say that once in a while which can be like once in 6 months the meet can be converted into a Sunday Morning breakfast meet at a place which is quite central in the city.

Thanks,

Rajwant
Old 16th February 2018, 15:25   #1193
BHPian

Hi guys, this is an awesome initiative.... Have not been to active but would love to participate in the next meet and or drive as and when it happens. cheers
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:07   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
Hi guys, this is an awesome initiative.... Have not been to active but would love to participate in the next meet and or drive as and when it happens. cheers
Hi Guys,

I would love to be a part of this meet. When and where is the next meet scheduled?
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:26   #1195
BHPian

Mostly the next such meet will be in March. Will confirm the date soon. Do subscribe to this thread.
Old 23rd February 2018, 08:09   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Mostly the next such meet will be in March. Will confirm the date soon. Do subscribe to this thread.
Subscribed! I believe there's a WhatsApp group too. How does one join there, is it open to relatively newbies too?
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:04   #1197
BHPian

Hi guys, subscribed! Would love to join for the next one!
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:24   #1198
BHPian

Wow, this is a good initiative. Would love to join next time when the team meets.
Have subscribed to the thread.
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:04   #1199
BHPian

Me too excited to attend the next meet. Would love to meet up some of the forum legends in person and make new acquaintances.

One suggestion for time and venue - any sat/sun early morning at one of the extensive sea faces that we are lucky to have in this beautiful city, Gateway, marine drive, Worli, Bandra, Juhu or maybe gorai (can do a poll) - vastly beneficial in terms of availability of most members, less traffic, fresh air, space, noise and also ample time left in the day for other chores - at first, may sound a little harsh to start the day so early (that too on a weekend), but I am sure the excitement of the meet and benefits (esp. in this city) are enough motivation to jump out of the bed and floor the pedal !!!
Old 27th February 2018, 13:30   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Move View Post
Me too excited to attend the next meet. Would love to meet up some of the forum legends in person and make new acquaintances.

One suggestion for time and venue - any sat/sun early morning at one of the extensive sea faces that we are lucky to have in this beautiful city, Gateway, marine drive, Worli, Bandra, Juhu or maybe gorai (can do a poll) - vastly beneficial in terms of availability of most members, less traffic, fresh air, space, noise and also ample time left in the day for other chores - at first, may sound a little harsh to start the day so early (that too on a weekend), but I am sure the excitement of the meet and benefits (esp. in this city) are enough motivation to jump out of the bed and floor the pedal !!!
Noted!

And we can use these suggestions for the Occasional Drives/Breakfast Meets etc as discussed earlier.

Yes we do have a WhatsApp group, which started as a TeamBHP Powai Mini Meet Group. And it has stayed that way for almost 5 years now. New members are added as and when they come for the Customary Friday Night Meet at Powai (the one we are trying to revive). Devendra (TheMileCruncher) being the latest member to join. The members of this group are more of a Family, now that we know each other so well.

Hoping to see all the new guys when we meet again next month. Date and time will be posted soon.

Last edited by swapszone : 27th February 2018 at 13:31. Reason: one point added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks