Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 12:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Hey SDP,

With so many confirmations. Do you think it would be a good idea to start a poll on the timing so that we can fix the time as per convenience of the majority.

VVB
Old 17th June 2013, 12:56   #32
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Count me in.

Jignesh, can you please pm me your phone number?

-Yogesh.
Old 17th June 2013, 13:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have been told by some of my office colleagues that the circle near the Hiranandani Hospital is a good spot to park and 6-7 vehicles can easily park there. Dont know the situation on Friday evenings.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 17th June 2013, 14:10   #34
BHPian

AWESOME! I have waiting for something like this since such a long time. I even PMed Jignesh last week that we should have a meet. I unfortunately dont work in Hiranandani but stay in Andheri (E), just off the Western Express Highway.
Would love to be a part of this meet, but will be leaving from Lower Parel at 6:00, hence will be able to join you guys by 7:00 - 7:30 depending on traffic.
Also any idea on the condition of the road on the Eastern Express highway? Last year the Sion flyover was broken leading to traffic snarls all the way to Parel.
Old 17th June 2013, 15:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Ah..that's bad. Don't they give you a snack-break or something that you can spend with us?
I take a break at 5.30PM and generally come down for a fag post that at around 6pm. Thats when i can catch up with the gang, i.e. if the meet is outside Kensington. Anyone game for post 10.30PM session is welcome as i leave by that time.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 17th June 2013, 16:18   #36
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Have requested the Mods to add a poll for the starting time.

If the rain gods decide to bless us on 21st evening, what do we do?

VVB, any place you would recommend where 10-12 people can seat and chat over tea/coffee with shelter over their heads?

Any other ideas?

Any access to covered parking areas in the area?

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th June 2013 at 19:14. Reason: Poll added.
Old 17th June 2013, 16:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VVB, any place you would recommend where 10-12 people can seat and chat over tea/coffee with shelter over their heads?

Any other ideas?

I think Chillies would be the best option for this; covered parking in the same building premises. My 2 cents.
Old 17th June 2013, 16:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Any other ideas?

Though i am not going to be part of this meet as i am only 700kms away why don't you all try 'breeze' at supreme business park.

Last i heard its an only veg affair with a killer view.(my 2 cents)
Old 17th June 2013, 19:30   #39
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hey SDP,

With so many confirmations. Do you think it would be a good idea to start a poll on the timing so that we can fix the time as per convenience of the majority.

VVB
Guys, the poll is up! Please vote for the starting time.
Old 17th June 2013, 19:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have been told by some of my office colleagues that the circle near the Hiranandani Hospital is a good spot to park and 6-7 vehicles can easily park there. Dont know the situation on Friday evenings.

Can anyone confirm this?
Yes Sir, the place is good to park but no eatery anywhere around there.

Quote:
Have requested the Mods to add a poll for the starting time.

If the rain gods decide to bless us on 21st evening, what do we do?

Any other ideas?

There are multiples options if we wanna sit and have tea/ coffee under a roof, like starbucks, gloria jeans, aromas, and costa but then parking would be a problem. Everyone will just have to park their cars wherever they manage to find parking and meet at one of these places. Cant think of any place where we can all park together and also chill over a cuppa without having any parking issues and it being covered.

I think we can have any of the above options or any other such covered option that we all decide as our Plan B in case it starts raining. Otherwise we can meet at Forest Street i.e the school lane or somewhere on Cliff Avenue or any other place that we all can decide.

VVB
Old 17th June 2013, 19:49   #41
BHPian

Sorry had missed Amtaks post. Chillies can be an option as well but more so for dinner or drinks rather than tea/ coffee. We could meet at the parking lot next to chillies though and grab a coffee to go from Starbucks, Gloria Jeans or Aromas which can be had in the parking lot itself. By the way the lot is a pay and park.

Sorry Mods can you please merge this post with my earlier post. I forgot to use the edit option.

Last edited by vvb8530 : 17th June 2013 at 19:50.
Old 17th June 2013, 21:11   #42
BHPian

Park your cars in the Kensington lane and walk down to Dominos / Galleria / wherever.

If people are in for a dinner, we can go to Aarey Garden restaurant.

-Yogesh.
Old 17th June 2013, 21:26   #43
BHPian

Voted for 7 as I think that would be convenient timing for many and usually for me too.

But atleast for the 21st meet, i'll be able to reach by 6pm incase someone wants to shoot the breeze a bit pre-meet, i'm game.

As for parking, I haven't tried the parking lot near Chilis, but it is centrally located. There are quite a few eateries in the building opposite to it too.
Old 18th June 2013, 04:10   #44
BHPian

I would have loved to come but I am scared if it rains heavily, I will be stuck on flooded roads. This Sunday the whole of Mumbai was flooded and I just received a forecast for very heavy rainfall :(
Old 18th June 2013, 07:19   #45
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi SDP thats a great initiative, count me in for the 1st meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
... Keep me in tentative at the moment, will be able to confirm when the time of meet is set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I'll see all of you guys there, thanks for the quick message SDP as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If I am in Powai on friday, count me in as well. I keep shuffling between various offices in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Powai!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Now I have an incentive to go to my Vikhroli office on Fridays! I'm usually working from home these days.
... count me in on the 21st.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi. My office is also in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. If I'm not out of Mumbai on 21st I'll surely join you people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Great initiative everyone. I work in goregaon. So i am not sure i will be able to reach powai by 6,going to be difficult. I will join whenever i get free early from office....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Count me in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Would love to be a part of this meet, but will be leaving from Lower Parel at 6:00, hence will be able to join you guys by 7:00 - 7:30 depending on traffic.
Thank you for your confirmations. Would look forward to meeting you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think Chillies would be the best option for this; covered parking in the same building premises. My 2 cents.
Fantastic piece of of information! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Though i am not going to be part of this meet as i am only 700kms away why don't you all try 'breeze' at supreme business park.

Last i heard its an only veg affair with a killer view.(my 2 cents)
Rajesh, Thank a lot! Would definitely check out the place.
Special thanks for contributing to a Mumbai-Meet thread although currently 700kms away! Would look forward to meet you on one of the future meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
...Chillies can be an option as well but more so for dinner or drinks rather than tea/ coffee. We could meet at the parking lot next to chillies though and grab a coffee to go from Starbucks, Gloria Jeans or Aromas which can be had in the parking lot itself. By the way the lot is a pay and park.
Paid Parking should also be OK. Let's explore this option as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status:

SDP - Confirmed
salunkhe.vizz - Confirmed
Desmosedici - Confirmed (for a short hi-hello)
engrohit - Confirmed
vvb8530 - Confirmed
ghodlur - Confirmed
MetalBuff - Confirmed
Jignesh - Confirmed
karan561 - Confirmed
EagleEye - Confirmed (would reconfirm soon)
latentpotential - Confirmed
amtak - Confirmed
gomzi - Confirmed
gaddiwale - Confirmed
yogeshnagpal - Confirmed
Maverick1977 - Confirmed

SuperBee - Tentative (might be late)
Mohan Mathew A - Tentative

supercars - Missing this time.
carzone - Missing this time.
StrangeWizard - Missing this time.
dar3dev|l - Missing this time.

Edit:
PS: Without a "Thanks" button, it becomes so difficult to acknowledge posts and thank people for useful information.

Last edited by SDP : 18th June 2013 at 07:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks