Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 16:26   #61
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

This may sound naive but how will I recognize you all? I gather some of you guys know each other and have also met earlier but what about people like me who don't know any one. Can we have a TBHP sticker on a table or some indicator. If it ain't raining am planning to bring my Humble Hooligan (Pulsar 200NS) to the meet.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:32   #62
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
This may sound naive but how will I recognize you all? I gather some of you guys know each other and have also met earlier but what about people like me who don't know any one. Can we have a TBHP sticker on a table or some indicator. If it ain't raining am planning to bring my Humble Hooligan (Pulsar 200NS) to the meet.
Typically, people exchange the contact details (over PM) with a coordinator so that when you reach the place you can call for exact location.

At the meeting place, the Team-BHP stickers on multiple cars are a dead giveaway. You can't miss it.

That reminds me, any volunteers for the Meet-Coordinator? VVB?

Last edited by SDP : 18th June 2013 at 16:35.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry. If you see a bunch of guys staring and/or pointing at passing cars and talking excitedly then that's going to be it.

This is my first meet too (actually second but the first was sometime back). Someone please coordinate for this one.
Old 18th June 2013, 17:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This may sound naive but how will I recognize you all? If it ain't raining am planning to bring my Humble Hooligan (Pulsar 200NS) to the meet.
Hello Maverick,

Most probably (if work permits) I will be reaching the venue well before 6 pm (if the meet is scheduled at 6 pm). I have sent you my mobile via PM, you may contact me.

I too ride a Pulsar 180, but if it is raining, I will come by my Car.

Thanks,
Old 18th June 2013, 17:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Maverick,

I am sure you will be able to figure out with all the stickered cars parked together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Typically, people exchange the contact details (over PM) with a coordinator so that when you reach the place you can call for exact location.

At the meeting place, the Team-BHP stickers on multiple cars are a dead giveaway. You can't miss it.

That reminds me, any volunteers for the Meet-Coordinator? VVB?
Hey SDP,

Would love to volunteer but as i mentioned i would mostly be coming in late myself so i think it would be better to give the responsibility to someone who can reach by 6 and stay on till the end.

Gomzi maybe??

How about it Gomzi? You up for it? You mentioned that you are relatively free on friday evening and would reach at 6.
Old 18th June 2013, 17:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Maverick,

Most probably (if work permits) I will be reaching the venue well before 6 pm (if the meet is scheduled at 6 pm). I have sent you my mobile via PM, you may contact me.

I too ride a Pulsar 180, but if it is raining, I will come by my Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh Sir,

How about a repeat performance of your brilliant volunteer job from the last meet this time too?

VVB
Old 18th June 2013, 20:04   #67
BHPian

Jignesh - thanks for pointing me to the thread.

SDP - i saw that you did put up my name in the first post - thanks for remembering from our previous meet

Will definitely try to join this Friday. My only worry is driving back to Malad West at 8 pm. Anybody enthu to stay back a bit for dinner?
Old 18th June 2013, 21:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
Jignesh - thanks for pointing me to the thread.

SDP - i saw that you did put up my name in the first post - thanks for remembering from our previous meet

Will definitely try to join this Friday. My only worry is driving back to Malad West at 8 pm. Anybody enthu to stay back a bit for dinner?
Finally someone is talking about a bit late I can sneak out at around 9.30 some fridays if there are dinner meets.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
Jignesh - thanks for pointing me to the thread.Will definitely try to join this Friday. My only worry is driving back to Malad West at 8 pm. Anybody enthu to stay back a bit for dinner?
Hello BertieWoosert,

My pleasure.

You know I stay at Malad West & we can go back to-gather. I am also game for dinner if all or some of us are ready to wait till late evening / night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Jignesh Sir,
How about a repeat performance of your brilliant volunteer job from the last meet this time too?
Hello VVB8530,

I can be the co-ordinator time also, but the only issue is that I am not too well versed with lanes / by-lanes of Powai Area. Thus if anybody calls me asking for directions, I may not be in a position to give precise guidance.

Anyways, I will be reaching at the venue atleast 15 / 20 minutes before time & most of you have my mobile number. So feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Old 18th June 2013, 21:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Gomzi maybe??

How about it Gomzi? You up for it? You mentioned that you are relatively free on friday evening and would reach at 6.
Sure, I'm game where do I sign up and whats a co-ordinator to do?

Due to summer vacation time in europe, the last couple of weeks have been relatively easy for me and fridays especially so (I truly wish it lasts ).

I've already shared my number with Engrohit and Jignesh. I'll send out a PM to the folks confirmed for the meet with my cell# on thursday (so we have a relatively final list).

Quote:
I can be the co-ordinator time also, but the only issue is that I am not too well versed with lanes / by-lanes of Powai Area. Thus if anybody calls me asking for directions, I may not be in a position to give precise guidance.

Anyways, I will be reaching at the venue atleast 15 / 20 minutes before time & most of you have my mobile number. So feel free to contact me.
I used to work at Powai, but that was 7yrs ago and I rarely go there now, so the recent developments and building names are new to me. But I know the general layout, so can get by with giving directions.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Thats is great Gomzi. Let us plan to reach the venue well ahead of the scheduled time & we will guide the rest of team to the designated place.

Thanks,
Old 18th June 2013, 22:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post

Due to summer vacation time in europe, the last couple of weeks have been relatively easy for me and fridays especially so (I truly wish it lasts ).

I've already shared my number with Engrohit and Jignesh. I'll send out a PM to the folks confirmed for the meet with my cell# on thursday (so we have a relatively final list).

I used to work at Powai, but that was 7yrs ago and I rarely go there now, so the recent developments and building names are new to me. But I know the general layout, so can get by with giving directions.
Quote:
Thats is great Gomzi. Let us plan to reach the venue well ahead of the scheduled time & we will guide the rest of team to the designated place.

Thanks,
Okay so lets do this, i can be a co-cordinator. Gomzi and Jignesh i will PM you guys my number and you guys can call me for directions if needed.

I think Rohit can help too with coordinating and directions, his office is right there in the same lane. Right Rohit??

Also i am up for an early dinner, so count me in as well.

VVB

Last edited by vvb8530 : 18th June 2013 at 22:51.
Old 18th June 2013, 23:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:

I think Rohit can help too with coordinating and directions, his office is right there in the same lane. Right Rohit??

Also i am up for an early dinner, so count me in as well.

VVB
Absolutely right. I will also PM my no. to final list of attendees. My office is 2 mins from the Plan A coordinates.
Happy to help!
Old 19th June 2013, 08:07   #74
SDP
Team-BHP Support

4 votes for 6pm and 5 for 7pm. One for other and none for 5pm.
Anybody else want to express their opinion?

BTW, good enthu response on the coordinator request. Jignesh, engrohit, gomzi (alongwith a little bit of help from me) would be the coordinators this time. Thank you guys for the comradeship!
Old 19th June 2013, 09:02   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
4 votes for 6pm and 5 for 7pm. One for other and none for 5pm.
Anybody else want to express their opinion?

BTW, good enthu response on the coordinator request. Jignesh, engrohit, gomzi (alongwith a little bit of help from me) would be the coordinators this time. Thank you guys for the comradeship!
Any time post 6, but just consider that the traffic on jvlr has increased manifold last few days and it would take an easy hour to cross it.

Most Viewed