Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 22:15   #1
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians

There are quite a few folks who either stay or work in the Andheri-SEEPZ-Powai-Godrej(Vikroli) belt. Hiranandani Powai itself is a hotbed of Team-BHPians. Quite a few PMs get exchanged regularly, but meeting in person does not happen. So thought of starting a fortnightly (once every 2 weeks) mini-meet as follows:

Place: Outside Hiranandani SEZ or any other place nearby where we can park 7-8 cars

Frequency: Every alternate Friday. First meet 21st June 2013.

Time: 6pm

Agenda: Socialize. Possibly have a coffee/cutting nearby. Discuss cars and whatever else that comes to mind.

Completely open to suggestions/recommendations for place, frequency, time.

Here's a list of Team-BHPians that I think can join these mini-meet:

SDP - Works in Hiranandani Powai
Desmosedici - Works in Hiranandani Powai
engrohit - Works in Hiranandani Powai
ghodlur - Works in Hiranandani Powai
abhijitvp - Works in Hiranandani Powai
Jignesh - Works in Andheri
Maverick1977 - Works in the Andheri/Powai area
BertieWoosert - Works in Jogeshwari I guess
Raj_5004 - Stays in Powai (currently in Mumbai)
vvb8530 - Stays in Powai
parsh - Stays in Powai

What do you guys say?

PS: The invitation is not limited to just the listed folks. Anybody and everybody who wants to meet like minded folks (i.e. petrolheads) and can spare some time on Friday evening is most welcome.

Last edited by SDP : 14th June 2013 at 22:19.
Old 14th June 2013, 22:23   #2
BHPian

re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). Second meet on 5th July, 2013

Can we have the full address of the place if someone wants to come from far ?

Are people from Powai only welcome ?

Can someone also enlighten as to how long the meet would be for ?
I stay very far and then if there are rains then everyone will run away and till someone reaches; everyone else is already in their home.
Old 14th June 2013, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Count me in, I work at Hiranandani too (above Starbucks)

But can I request to change meet time to 4.30-5 ? It becomes chaotic to return back home in friday evening traffic post 6.30-7 !
Old 14th June 2013, 22:35   #4
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). Second meet on 5th July, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Can we have the full address of the place if someone wants to come from far ?

Are people from Powai only welcome ?

Can someone also enlighten as to how long the meet would be for ?
I stay very far and then if there are rains then everyone will run away and till someone reaches; everyone else is already in their home.
supercars, you are most welcome. Powai just happens to be convenient and kind of central location to people from Andheri-Jogeshwari to Vikhroli area. Open to other sugegstions as well. Team-BHPians do not shy away from driving!

Here are the exact coordinates as per Google maps: 19.113036,72.910055.
Proper address : Outside Hiranandani Business Park, South Avenue, Kensington SEZ, Hiranandani-Powai.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-powai-map.jpg

About duration, again open to suggestions. My opinion is 1.5-2 hours possibly makes sense.

Last edited by SDP : 14th June 2013 at 22:41.
Old 14th June 2013, 22:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

I can catch up for few minutes if in evening outside kensington. I finish work by 11pm so my chances would be bleak.
Old 14th June 2013, 22:55   #6
BHPian

I'm in! (Will confirm by beginning of next week)
Old 15th June 2013, 00:04   #7
BHPian

Perfect hai Sir Ji. I am always in for such plans. Cutting with some vada pav is just what the doctor has ordered for this weather
Old 15th June 2013, 11:33   #8
BHPian

Great.

Yes lets meet up. But i get back home (Powai) from work around 8 - 8.30, can try and come early as well but i cant come as early as 4 or 5 as someone suggested for the meeting time. Not sure but i think most people working in Powai also would get free only after 6 or 6.30.

I suggest everyone mention a convenient time for them and as per the number of votes we fix up a time for the meet.

Regards,
VVB
Old 15th June 2013, 11:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am in, I am in. I hope there are some stalls at the location which SDP has suggested coz I get terrribly hungry at that time.

I would suggest a slight shift in the timings to accomodate all maybe from 5.30 to 6.30 pm so that travelling back to Eastern/Western suburbs does not become a pain. What say?

I am scouting for alternate locations meanwhile where 7-8 cars can stay put.
Old 15th June 2013, 12:28   #10
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Count me in, I work at Hiranandani too (above Starbucks)

But can I request to change meet time to 4.30-5 ? It becomes chaotic to return back home in friday evening traffic post 6.30-7 !
Hey, that's great! One more in the Powai area.
Let's get more opinions on the meet-time and decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I can catch up for few minutes if in evening outside kensington. I finish work by 11pm so my chances would be bleak.
Ah..that's bad. Don't they give you a snack-break or something that you can spend with us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I'm in! (Will confirm by beginning of next week)
Good! You stay/work in the Andheri-Powai-Vikhroli area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Perfect hai Sir Ji. I am always in for such plans. Cutting with some vada pav is just what the doctor has ordered for this weather
As you know, the Central Avenue from Rodas to Yellow Chilli offers quite a few options, if we are at leisure and can spend 3 hours. On the same road, just beyond Yellow Chilli, there is a small tea-stall, where we (Jignesh, BertieWoosert, Dr Kamat) had cutting-chai last time we met. So options are there: right from pizzas, sizzlers with lattes and cappucicnos, to wada-pav, samosa with cutting-chai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Great.

Yes lets meet up. But i get back home (Powai) from work around 8 - 8.30, can try and come early as well but i cant come as early as 4 or 5 as someone suggested for the meeting time. Not sure but i think most people working in Powai also would get free only after 6 or 6.30.

I suggest everyone mention a convenient time for them and as per the number of votes we fix up a time for the meet.

Regards,
VVB
Good, one more confirmation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am in, I am in. I hope there are some stalls at the location which SDP has suggested coz I get terrribly hungry at that time.

I would suggest a slight shift in the timings to accomodate all maybe from 5.30 to 6.30 pm so that travelling back to Eastern/Western suburbs does not become a pain. What say?

I am scouting for alternate locations meanwhile where 7-8 cars can stay put.
GHodlur, that's a good idea. On a working day at 6-6:30pm, the place outside the SEZ might be crowded. Generally the opposite footpath is empty, but let me reconfirm that.
Let's scout for alternate places also. The small road that connects Hiranandani Hosiptal to the Kailash Complex gate might be worth exploring.

Last edited by SDP : 15th June 2013 at 12:32.
Old 15th June 2013, 15:59   #11
BHPian

Central avenue is fine with a lot of eating options and so is the jewel tea corner that SDP has mentioned. However for both these places 7 to 8 cars parking is a problem right there. I have marked a few places in the map below where 7 to 8 cars can be parked and we can walk up to Jewel for tea and snacks which is sasta sundhar and tikaau .

Also if we are meeting without a requirement to eat and drink then we can meet outside heritage garden on cliff avenue which is also marked on the map.
Attached Thumbnails
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-map.jpg  

Old 15th June 2013, 16:24   #12
BHPian

I work at Hiranandani too. Following this thread for more updates.

SDP,
Great initiative, my friend! Would be glad to connect with all us gearheads. As mentioned, more frequently than not do i see vehicles sporting the LTD stickers in Powai .

I have regularly spotted 3 t-bhp christened rides at my workplace's parking lot. Hope to see those there

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 15th June 2013 at 16:26.
Old 15th June 2013, 22:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Hello SDP,

Thank you for starting this thread.

I am in next Friday (21st June) for sure. I believe Mohan Mathew will also like to join us. I am sending him a PM informing about this thread.

Thanks,
Old 15th June 2013, 22:40   #14
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Central avenue is fine with a lot of eating options and so is the jewel tea corner that SDP has mentioned. However for both these places 7 to 8 cars parking is a problem right there. I have marked a few places in the map below where 7 to 8 cars can be parked and we can walk up to Jewel for tea and snacks which is sasta sundhar and tikaau .

Also if we are meeting without a requirement to eat and drink then we can meet outside heritage garden on cliff avenue which is also marked on the map.
Spoken like a true local! Very good recommendations vvb8530!
The section of Forest avenue that you have marked is the one in front of the Hiranandani school I believe. Or may be slightly off. Around 6pm, that road should have ample parking.
Even the section of Cliff Avenue that you have shown is perfect. Residential, with hardly any cars parked on the road. From all these places, any of the food-joints are walkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
I work at Hiranandani too. Following this thread for more updates.

SDP,
Great initiative, my friend! Would be glad to connect with all us gearheads. As mentioned, more frequently than not do i see vehicles sporting the LTD stickers in Powai .

I have regularly spotted 3 t-bhp christened rides at my workplace's parking lot. Hope to see those there

-Shivang Gandotra
Fantastic Shivang! One more from Hiranandani. Now I know why so many stickered cars are spotted in this area. For the stickered cars in your parking lot, may be, leave a post-it under the wiper with a link to this thread.

Edit: Just saw Jignesh's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello SDP,

Thank you for starting this thread.

I am in next Friday (21st June) for sure. I believe Mohan Mathew will also like to join us. I am sending him a PM informing about this thread.

Thanks,
Yes please!

Last edited by SDP : 15th June 2013 at 22:44.
Old 15th June 2013, 22:46   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi SDP thats a great initiative, count me in for the 1st meet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks