Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 16:36   #136
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

The traffic really played a spoil sport on Friday. Left office (Lower Parel) at 6:30 p.m. only to be stuck in a crazy traffic which saw me reaching Dadar flyover only at 7:15 (Phew!). Called Jignesh and asked him if you all were going to be there till late but then he rightly advised that I would take much long and should head home (Andheri). However the WE highway was a bigger nightmare and I ended up reaching Andheri (E) only at 9:30. Overall the most boring ride of the month.

Its such an irony that the Govt. tells us to conserve fuel and on the other hand digs up roads and clogs traffic like crazy. Sad!
Old 24th June 2013, 16:46   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Pics and a quick report:
Thanks SDP for the pics and an excellent narration
Old 24th June 2013, 17:23   #138
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps SDP and seems like an awesome meet I missed inspite of staying nearby. However, as I finished my Ladakh drive on 18 June got caught up with as much as body relaxation and primarily pending and more work thus totaling the chances of joining even at last count. SDP had also PMed me on this which I saw as soon as I was connected back to real world. Hope to catch up the gang next time soon. Good that monsoon favored the meet well unlike it is badly thrashing the Powai suburbs today.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:46   #139
BHPian

Hey Guys!!

Great to meet you all.

Although once again i was one of the last to arrive (i was last to arrive for the Delhi Durbar meet too and missed out on the drive) luckily i dint miss out on much this time, only my ANHC missed getting snapped .

Anyways thanks SDP for initiating this meet, why not start planning for the next one. We can maybe plan a friday evening dinner so that others who were not able to make it on time due to traffic (Maverick), work (Desmo), car pool (Rohit), and other reasons (ghodlur, carzone, parsh, etc.) can also join in.

VVB
Old 24th June 2013, 18:12   #140
BHPian

Guys count me in for any late evening meets. I stay at Andheri (E), hence any meets post 9:00 I should definitely be able to make it.
Old 24th June 2013, 19:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh, great pics! Wish I could be there for the meet instead of being present "virtually". Thanks Adi for calling me!

You guys had VADA PAV!!!

By the way,

SDP - apart from your red XUV, I see one more in white, whose is that?

Quote:
We spot a famous BHPian's white XUV parked. If this gentleman would have decided to join the meet, he would have to just come out of his home, walk 25-30 steps to reach the meeting place! Unfortunately he is out of country.
The words 'famous' and 'gentleman' are a bit bewildering!

Quote:
Attachment 1101409

Adi does call him and we have a brief chat. So in a way, raj_5004 did join the meet virtually!
Glad to know Xoovy (my XUV) made it's presence in the meet, even though you could only see it's butt.

Kudos to SDP for initiating this meet and cheers to all you guys for making this happen and hi-fi to VADA PAV!
Old 24th June 2013, 20:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Reg Haagen Dazs, well you can definitely raid the store using your own Credit Card
Well played sirji!

Last edited by gomzi : 24th June 2013 at 20:53.
Old 24th June 2013, 23:20   #143
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Special thanks to ... And the sponsor (unknown) of the vada pav and chai.
Most of the vadapav + chai was sponsored by Powertrain. Thanks powertrain!

Quote:
It was a Wonderful evening, and must say SDP your Duma was awesomely maintained from Inside too.
Thanks. I generally clean the car just on the day of a meet!
All the more reason for a fortnightly meet, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
No photos??? I will attend the next meet.
Would look forward to meeting you!
Photos are up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Felt great meeting all of you guys. ..
You are a magician with a camera! Loved the snaps you clicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Seems there was a decent turnout. Hope you guys had a great time.

SDP, what a brilliant Idea.

I guess, the poll can be closed for now and re-opened for the next meet.
Had good fun! Will put up a poll for ideas for next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
SDP, can you please send me high resolution images of above pictures via email?
Sure sir. Size would kill the email. But would figure out a way to get those to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
...Just a correction. I own a Polo GT and not a GTI(I wish)
Ah! Thanks for the correction!

Quote:
Most Welcome Guys! Also Hoping that some of you convert to long term consumers
For long-term consumers, the brand should have a recall value and for that the manufacturer should reach out to the customers regularly. We are all game for sampling the various varieties over the next several meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The traffic really played a spoil sport ...
Look forward to meeting you.
You are the person who started this meet with a PM to Jignesh! Very few people know that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks SDP for the pics and an excellent narration
Thanks for the tag on FB! Got in touch with Adi and Arun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Nice snaps SDP and seems like an awesome meet I missed inspite of staying nearby. ...
Next meet, we sure expect you to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
...why not start planning for the next one. We can maybe plan a friday evening dinner so that others who were not able to make it on time due to traffic (Maverick), work (Desmo), car pool (Rohit), and other reasons (ghodlur, carzone, parsh, etc.) can also join in.

VVB
Great! Let's do a dinner meet next. Can't rely on the rains to do us big favour on 2 consecutive meets!
How is Breeze from a dinner perspective? Heard that the view is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Ahhh, great pics! Wish I could be there for the meet instead of being present "virtually". Thanks Adi for calling me!

You guys had VADA PAV!!!
We were sweating at the K3. On top of that, one smart chap sprayed a bit of hot oil on us! But vada-pav + chai + Mountian Dew was fun!

Quote:
...apart from your red XUV, I see one more in white, whose is that?
Nope, it was not part of the group. We did spot another white XUV which was stickered and went past the school and parked a little bit farther.

Quote:
The words 'famous' and 'gentleman' are a bit bewildering!
When I met a friend in Bangalore, who incidently is a white Punto owner, he mentioned your handle and your Pintu ownership thread! And this guy is not even a member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Well played sirji!
+1 to that!

Last edited by SDP : 24th June 2013 at 23:25.
Old 25th June 2013, 08:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

Now I am embarassed to write here after being the party pooper but great meet guys with good turnout. It looked like Sanjay was doing a portfolios of the BHPians with those close up shots, but good pics nevertheless.

One suggestion - lets keep this momentum going for only the chai + snacks outing. Dinner would mean a lot of planning and also return time esp for the guys staying beyond Mulund/Powai.
Old 25th June 2013, 08:59   #145
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Now I am embarassed to write here after being the party pooper but great meet guys with good turnout. It looked like Sanjay was doing a portfolios of the BHPians with those close up shots, but good pics nevertheless.
The closeups are all EagleEye's work. I just provided the hardware!

Quote:
One suggestion - lets keep this momentum going for only the chai + snacks outing. Dinner would mean a lot of planning and also return time esp for the guys staying beyond Mulund/Powai.
Good point! Rain playing spoilsport is the only concern. Varun and me did look at the covered parking option opposite Gloria Jean's. 30 bucks for 3 hour parking. Its a good option if the rain joins the next meet.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:16   #146
BHPian

hey guys

sorry i couldn't come. had a call which got rescheduled and by the time it finished it was almost 7. missed the meeting. hopefully will be able to join the next meeting.

slightly out of topic, are there any plans for a monsoon drive.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, emergencies do come. Let's just say the child in you came out at the wrong time.
Hope you are doing well now. I missed this one too, but am looking forward to the next one.
Old 25th June 2013, 12:07   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looked like Sanjay was doing a portfolios of the BHPians with those close up shots, but good pics nevertheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
hopefully will be able to join the next meetingslightly out of topic, are there any plans for a monsoon drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I missed this one too, but am looking forward to the next one.
Hello Friends,

One more incentive for attending next meet is getting a wonderful potrait photo of yours clicked by EagleEye, provided he attends next meet.

Hello Mohan,

Monsoon drive is always on cards. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 25th June 2013, 15:49   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Great! Let's do a dinner meet next. Can't rely on the rains to do us big favour on 2 consecutive meets!
How is Breeze from a dinner perspective? Heard that the view is fantastic.

+1 to that!
Plus 10 to that as dinner means i can join for the full meet post office even if it means leaving a bit early.
Old 25th June 2013, 15:53   #150
BHPian

Thanks all for the compliments about my photography..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks