Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 16:18   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Thanks all for the compliments about my photography..
Yes sir, I did well to evade your lens !

In fact you were standing right next to me and clicking away - made it easier for me to move out of the frame !!

Good meet guys - lets do it again soon.
Old 25th June 2013, 19:08   #152
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

What a meet!!! Never knew 2 hours can fly this fast!!
Special Thanks to:-

Sanjay & Jignesh - You know for what...

Aadiya - For the ride & for some awesome music!!

Karan - For the offer to drop to back to Mulund.Sorry,had to refuse. Must say Man, you have a great collection of rides- from Practical to Premium!!

Rohit - For the Crunchy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Most of the vadapav + chai was sponsored by Powertrain. Thanks powertrain!
If anyone wants to return the favor, please book a table on Taj Land's End!!

This was my 1st mini meet,which BTW was not mini.
I'm game for a dinner meet.

Regards,
Varun
Old 25th June 2013, 19:27   #153
BHPian

Damn, I missed it, I didn't even see this thread. I am now subscribed and will check it regularly, waiting for the next one.
Old 26th June 2013, 02:07   #154
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). Second meet on 5th July, 201

MOD NOTE - Thread Title Updated & New Poll Added
Old 26th June 2013, 08:02   #155
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). Second meet on 5th July, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks Technocrat, for updating the title and adding a new poll!
Just a minor problem - Although I jave note voted, the poll says that you have already voted. Looks like residual effect from first poll. Can you please look into it? Thanks in advance
Old 26th June 2013, 10:32   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Friends,

One more incentive for attending next meet is getting a wonderful potrait photo of yours clicked by EagleEye, provided he attends next meet.

Hello Mohan,

Monsoon drive is always on cards. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh

i suggest someplace where we can drive to. spend a few hours. have lunch and then return by evening on a sunday. All the regular weekend travelers can suggest options.
Old 26th June 2013, 10:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Friends,

One more incentive for attending next meet is getting a wonderful potrait photo of yours clicked by EagleEye, provided he attends next meet.

Hello Mohan,

Monsoon drive is always on cards. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
HI Jignesh

I suggest some place where we can drive to and spend a few hours and then return in the evening. People who are regular weekend travelers might be able to come up with some suggestions, i can't think of many options

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks Technocrat, for updating the title and adding a new poll!
Just a minor problem - Although I jave note voted, the poll says that you have already voted. Looks like residual effect from first poll. Can you please look into it? Thanks in advance
I too faced the same problem
Old 26th June 2013, 11:14   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I suggest some place where we can drive to and spend a few hours and then return in the evening. People who are regular weekend travelers might be able to come up with some suggestions,
Hello Mohan,

There are a couple of options I can think of:

1. Dahanu Beach - Approx 110 kms from Dahisar Check Naka. There is a good hotel - Pearline Beach Resort bang opposite the beach which serves good veg / non-veg food.

2. Igatpuri - Approx 120 kms from Powai - while returning we can have lunch at Oye Punjab Hotel.

3. Lonavala - Approx 100 kms from Powai - one concern is some road construction work going between Vashi & Panvel which is causing huge traffic jams.

Thanks,
Old 26th June 2013, 11:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

If drive is a consideration, not very far, Malshej must have become lively these days with the monsoons already arrived and something all will love for sure. You can have lunch at the Flamingo Resort, MTDC at Marshej and return by evening, enjoy the ghat drive, get drenched in waterfalls etc.

I will have to excuse from any drive due to various things upto mid/end July.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:34   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO instead of traveling 100 odd kms outside city, we can have a drive on the recently opened Eastern Freeway, go to South Mumbai meet few BHPians who stay in that area (who miss out on Powai meet) would like to join in for dinner/coffee/desserts & drive back from the same Eastern freeway.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:20   #161
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

And what about us who have to use the Western "Express Highway"? LOL.

Won't be in Bombay on the 5th. Weekend (6th and onwards) should be fine. +1 for a dinner meet.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:31   #162
BHPian

Both Malshej and Dhanau look interesting, although personally i prefer ghats for the driving fun. if sufficient number of people are interested maybe we can fix a date and then plan it in the coming weeks.

karan, it is a great idea to go on a freeway drive. i have not driven on it yet. maybe we can have the july 5th meet on july 7th. it will be relatively free sine it is a sunday. SDP&others,sorry for throwing a spanner in the wheel. just a thought
Old 26th June 2013, 12:35   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
IMO instead of traveling 100 odd kms outside city, we can have a drive on the recently opened Eastern Freeway, go to South Mumbai meet few BHPians who stay in that area (who miss out on Powai meet) would like to join in for dinner/coffee/desserts & drive back from the same Eastern freeway.
I'm ready to be the host this time
Old 26th June 2013, 13:09   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Eastern Freeway, go to South Mumbai meet few BHPians who stay in that area (who miss out on Powai meet) would like to join in for dinner/coffee/desserts & drive back from the same Eastern freeway.
Hello Karan,

That is a very good idea. Most of us living & working in suburbs will not get a chance to drive on Eatern Freeway, unless we specifically go to South Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
I'm ready to be the host this time
Hello Esmail,

I am sure you are very excited. Drive on Eastern freeway will mean - a good chance to have a South Mumbai meet, something which you are waiting since long time.

Thanks,
Old 26th June 2013, 13:11   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hello Technocrat,

Thank you for adding new Poll to this thread.

But those who have already voted for last poll are not able to vote again.
Can you please do the needful?

Thanks,

Most Viewed