Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 18:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Contessa Owners Meet held at Nilgiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Seems to have been a wonderful meet! Kuddos to all involved and participated.

Proud to say that I was the previous owner of the Conti that won the show (Now owned by Naveen). I have a lot of happy memories in it and I have done quite a few highway runs in it during college days

Do keep us posted on the next meet in advance so that we can come out to watch the beauties
That is one fine Conty you had. Rest assured, it is in good hands with Naveen.

The previous meet in Mysore had a very dismal turnout in the number of conty's. We got things straight this time around with the organizing, arrangements and made it a success. We hope to get more Conti owners to join us and make the next meet even better and publicize it so others can also be a part of it !
Old 16th August 2013, 17:30   #17
BHPian

India's only muscle car. It still looks much much better than the so-called sedans of the present day. I am overwhelmed at the site of so many Contessas. It was my dream car as a kid and I still aspire to buy one some day, either in red or black, preferably red. I own a Black Bolero and a Red Contessa should complete the family. Whenever I look at it...I am carried back to the days of those car chases of 1970s and 80s of Bollywood. Huge Chevy's...Amitabh Bachhan on the driver seat....nostalgic... Much thanks! for sharing this treasure ...
Old 20th August 2013, 00:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread just made me teary, especially the 'college boy dream car' pic.
Had been lusting after the Conti for 8 years and was dangerously close to buying one not once, not twice, but thrice. Had let it go 3 times and now resigned myself to the fact that the time for owning and driving one is up and gone.

But kudos to the owners for maintaining these beatuies all through the years, especially can't believe such an extensively modded Contessa was nearby in Nagercoil.
Old 15th October 2013, 07:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Such a lovely thread. I enjoyed all the snaps and wished I was present there with a Conti. ( My cousin once had a biscuit coloured Contessa Classic 1.8GL that was a fantastic highway cruiser making regular trips between Mangalore and Bangalore. )

meanwhile , I would like to inform all of you that Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation UPSRTC would auction their office car , a 2000 model Conti registered UP-32-Z-4931 parked at Regional Workshop at Agra on 21.10.2013. their contact manager is Sri Manoj Ranjan and his email id is gmt2@upsrtc.com and their phone numbers are 0522-2628742 at Lucknow head office.

Hope a TBhpian bags this one!
Old 21st October 2013, 21:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

While looking for classic mercs, I read an interesting ad which I share with all of you :

http://bhavnagar.olx.in/contessa-die...-iid-558560431

cheers!

Last edited by vinay kamath : 21st October 2013 at 21:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks