Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 07:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Upper Assam Team-BHP Meet

Well, dont think I can manage on this sunday, but if you guys plan a longish drive somewhere in late sept-oct, I will be glad to join. Maybe Kaziranga, nameri/ bhalukpong. Cherrapunjee would have been great, but will be a bit far from you jurhotias. :-)
How many BHPians from guwahati? I have spotted a few tbhp stickers recently, last week saw a grey i10 with LTD sticker near dispur.
Old 7th September 2013, 09:54   #17
BHPian

Wow...nice to know that there are quite a few BHPians in Assam. I too am from Assam (Digboi, to be precise) but I reside in Delhi presently. We have quite a few assamese BHPians from Bengalore in the forum.
If you guys come to Delhi sometime, send me a PM, will love to set-up a mini meet with the other BHPians. We keep organizing meets every month or two.

Cya!
Suraj
Old 10th September 2013, 15:56   #18
BHPian

After the Delhi TBHPians laid siege to CP in the morning of Sunday 8th Sept', it was our turn in the evening. Am happy to report that Upper Assam BHPians also went out in full force for a very "crowded" meet. The crowd was so much that there were many sharing similar TBHP handles - wanderernomad and wanderer4x4...ahem, I think I'm taking it a bit too far, to be precise there were the two of us only.

Spent an evening with a short leisurely drive, followed by discussions over some crispy chicken and colas. (And yes, colas really..).

After a long while, have spent time discussing cars and jeeps with someone like minded. So, it was time well spent in the first ever TBHP meet in these areas.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 10th September 2013 at 16:00.
Old 10th September 2013, 19:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

A report on a Team BHP Meet needs pictures to prove that you guys actually met

I am sure there will be more to come. take care and drive safe
Old 10th September 2013, 21:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good to know you are going to be in town.let's meet up. Trust you have my cell no. give me a holler and we will set it up.
As for the UT trip nothing fixed as yet maybe sometime towards the end of the month, are you planning a side trip during your visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Lolz Bro, got posted here. upcoming drive to UT, hmm let me see, when are you planning the drive? I am in Delhi from 16 to 20 on some official training program. I did insist that they cant teach the Old Dawg any new Trick, but they are kind of insisting.

@Rituraj: Well you just maybe the third witch if we cant find the Macbeth. lolz.
Old 11th September 2013, 17:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well as they say Man proposes God disposes. A central high powered committee has scheduled their visit from 16-18 and hence my tour stands cancelled. But will give you a holler when ever am in your urban jungle.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
A report on a Team BHP Meet needs pictures to prove that you guys actually met

I am sure there will be more to come. take care and drive safe
It was such a crowd that we managed to click just a couple of pictures of only the two dignitaries. fault lies with me for being laid back and not putting up the pictures. Will do so this weekend.

Meanwhile another mini meet at Jorhat tomorrow. A bhpian Promod on his way to Dibrugarh is passing through town. Today he is approaching Guwahati from Gangtok and tomorrow would drive further up. It has been fixed that we shall host him and his wife for Lunch, if he is on schedule, or else some coffee and snacks tomorrow. wanderer4X4 is a tentative to join. Anyone else up for it?
Old 4th October 2013, 17:05   #23
Team-BHP Support

You may buzz Sumit as well, stays at Shillong.
Old 5th October 2013, 18:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

The lunch got delayed to an evening Tea. Just met Promod and his lovely better half. Has been on road for the last 4-5 days so it was a hurried meet since he had to reach Dinjan today itself. The tribe of bhpians keeps growing in the upper reaches now. We should plan a meet soon with everyone joining in at a convenient date and time which suits all.
Old 6th October 2013, 00:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

another team bhpian from Bangalore is in Assam - Karthik Makam

See if you can get in touch with him
Old 12th March 2014, 21:14   #26
BHPian

Good to see BHPians from Assam. I am from Assam though settled in Navi Mumbai. I was wondering if there is any other BHPian from Assam who is settled in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai. I had done my schooling in Jorhat Govt. Good to see Jorhatiya friends in TBHP!
Old 10th May 2014, 00:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Finally I did manage to locate the proof of the first ever TBhp meet at Jorhat in September 2013. To help you with identifications in the crowd, sitting from Far left to Far right; wanderer 4X4 and wanderernomad.
Attached Thumbnails
Upper Assam Team-BHP Meet-dsc07883.jpg  

Old 10th May 2014, 22:34   #28
BHPian

The crowd and the jostling for space will be reduced from the next meet onwards with one from the 'large' crowd relocating.
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:15   #29
BHPian

Here I am, another Team-BHPian from assam. It's really nice that I stumbled upon this thread, now I can say that there are petrol-heads in here too.
So far I have found one person from guwahati in Team-BHP. Hope to meet you some time. Mine is a white spark with Team-BHP stickers. May be we can also have a get-together / ride plans.

---Biplab
Old 10th February 2016, 21:49   #30
BHPian

Hello All,
Glad to be a part of TBHP finally. From Guwahati. Can be located in and around Guwahati in a 2015 White Jazz with Got BHP and LCLC stickers (AS 01 BU) or an icy blue Maruti 800 with LTD sticker (AS 01 AG)
Hope to meet up with some fellow TBHP member in the near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks