Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: For or aganist the NCCDP?
For - Yes, great idea. 9 56.25%
Against: No, this sucks! 5 31.25%
Don't know / don't care. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2006, 16:39   #1
elf
BANNED

National Coordinated City Drive-through Parade... 1930hrs, Friday June 30th, 2006

Hello Lolitas!

Just thought of an idea to increase membership & awareness, & get more interested folk onto the forum, if all agree.

(@Mods: your views here would be great).

Been thinking of a National Coordinated City Drive-through Parade (hereinafter referred to as the 'NCCDP'). What that means, in plain english, is that each of us, in our own cities, would drive through the major roads of that city at a particular time & date.

For example: Us Bombay guys (at least 30-40, the more the merrier) would assemble at say Cuffe Parade around 1930hrs one evening, & drive to maybe Kandivali & back, using the main throughfares of the city.

Rules:

1. The formation would be 2 abreast & would maintain distance between cars.

2. We would observe all traffic laws, (not honk or whatever), simply drive through the city at around 30-40kmh, with our exhausts booming, etc.

3. No creating a nuisance under any circumstances.

4. This would be done in every city at the exact same time, with one phone call to each city coordinator to synchronize start off.

5. Each ride would have a discreet Team-BHP sticker placed at the same spot on all cars. Lower left side of the windshield is my opinion, so paintwork is not damaged.

It would create excitement, both amongst members & the general public. I could use some contacts, as could other resourceful members, & ensure media coverage. It would also increase membership to cover more interested people throughout the country.

The advantage would be that we could wake up the general public & automobile manufacturers into knowing that there is a serious movement for vehicle enthusiasts in this country (& that we're all not a bunch of crappy car loving, fuel efficiency seeking morons who'd buy anything they'd throw at us). Ideas still forming, maybe more later...

Also, it would be a great deal of fun.

I propose Friday, the 30th of June 2006 at 1930 hrs.

Your input is awaited...

Ciao!

Last edited by elf : 11th June 2006 at 16:47. Reason: oops!
Old 11th June 2006, 17:27   #2
BANNED

Elf.. you Sponsoring everyone's Fuel?
Old 11th June 2006, 17:40   #3
elf
BANNED

C'mon man, you can't be that cheap!

Going by your response, we'd never have any meets / drives... I wonder who sponsored the fuel for today's drive to Alibaug!
Old 11th June 2006, 19:49   #4
BANNED

Well first off I suggest that you keep the personal comment's outa this.
Second.. What is the point.. its going to be people telling each other " I AM WITH YOU IN SPIRIT".. what a load of HOGWASH.
The Drive's that we do here are different.. its people of one city/area getting together.
Now what is the point of this NCCDP...
I see NONE WHATSOEVER!
Old 11th June 2006, 21:28   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Seems a good idea to build up awareness amongst auto-enthus .. But one major problem would be the nuisance to have to drive through the major roads keeping in mind the amount of traffic jams at bangalore ..

Given the chance , if people are ready in good numbers i dont mind joining in with my baleno ..

PS : Why is it that i observe 2l8 is always against tbhpians meeting up as such ?!
Old 11th June 2006, 22:13   #6
BHPian

dude...elf..no problem whatsoever...but the timings wrong buddy..
at 1930..thats 7:30pm it will become dark soon so the stickers wont really show.....
also one more thing at that time traffic in mumbai will be a major problem..
and also u know how many members really turn up at the end....
im game for it though.....

Last edited by xtreme power : 11th June 2006 at 22:14.
Old 12th June 2006, 00:48   #7
elf
BANNED

We can change the time to suit most people. I suggest we get some posts for alternative dates / times as convenient.

I thought of Sunday first, but getting out in the evenings in most cities really stinks on that day. The daytime would be OK, but would become an also ran event, like the classic car rallies, etc.

Also, the reason I suggested the evening, was because more people would be out, & members who have neons / strobes / etc. would get a chance to "show off"... Also, evenings have a sense of event to them. We can get around the T-BHP sticker issue by having them made with radium stickers.

Main roads are necessary to ensure visibility.

Thanks for the positive response so far... This would only make sense if we had this with at least 30-40 cars per city, so it's off if we can't make the numbers.

Ciao!
Old 12th June 2006, 09:24   #8
BANNED

@Mclaren...
Maybe when you get a lil older your powers of observation might increase..
Now.. lets quit this on this forum before some of the mod's decide to give us all a slap on the wrist for being rude.. .
If anyone has anything to say to me.. PM ME
Old 12th June 2006, 12:32   #9
BHPian

if this was for a noble cause, definitely i wud have joined in. but for increasing membership 2 such a wonderful forum i guess alternate ways wud b better.

we have regular TBHP meets where we get our friends & then word of mouth is there.

as for creating awareness about safe driving, surely we can take some initiative but that needs 2 properly planned, agenda's need to be sorted out, permissions need 2 b taken etc etc.

i guess the seniors in the forum will b able 2 assist us in this.
Old 14th June 2006, 02:59   #10
BANNED

Hey, I agree with Naveen on this ... we don't need a drive to get members knocking on our doors as over the past few years I have noticed that if he is a serious car freak and he hangs around online --- He can't miss stumbling onto team-bhp !!!

So lets just stick to our meets ... and keep the workloads for our MODS who seem to be anyways over worked to a minimal !!!!

Cheers
Old 14th June 2006, 03:03   #11
elf
BANNED

Wokay, maybe I was wrong on the membership drive thing.

I still think we should do it for the fun of it.
Old 15th June 2006, 12:18   #12
Team-BHP Support

i think i d just drive down to alibaug instead of burning fuel in traffic!!

manson.
Old 15th June 2006, 13:39   #13
BHPian

with you dude.

az
Old 22nd June 2006, 20:21   #14
elf
BANNED

Curb your enthusiasm...

Just totally love the enthusiasm on this topic!

8 votes in 11 days!!! WOW!

Can imagine the day of the event...
Old 23rd June 2006, 09:35   #15
BANNED

Thread's DEAD man.. why do you keep bringing it up..
If anyone WANTS to do something together in Bombay, how about we all go to the JJ fly over..and actually keep to the STUPID 30kmph speed limit and show these DUMBO's who make the rules at the traffic department, that 30 is the dumbest speed that they could keep for the fly over.. now THAT would make more sense than this drive withoug a purpouse!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks