Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 02:01   #1
BHPian

Report: By far, the largest Pune meet ever!!!

Just reached back home from the largest pune meet ever!

Members Attended:
1. EVO6
2. Adya33
3. Shan2nu (from Bangalore)
4. Moralfibre
5. Technocrat
6. Technocrat's cousin
7. Shrivz

The meet was held at very short notice, so other pune members, sorry, maybe next time.

The venue was decided to be the East Street CCD at 6.00pm which was later unanimously changed to the Law college road Barista.
Shan2nu and me reached there by 6.15pm, and no one to be seen, made a few calls and people (Adya, EVO6, Moralfibre) turned up by 6.30 - 6.45
(sorry guys, no pics taken at Barista)

We then decided to move onto EVO's residence, where he would change and freshen up, after which we moved upto Chandni Chowk where we waited for Techno and his cousin to come

(will upload the pics soon)

After techno turned up, we moved to Manas resorts.. my baleno squealing to glory on those turns with those falkens

checked out the karting scene at manas, the karts were not driveable and track was even more pathetic, we decided not to kart..

moved on for dinner which was full of discussions relating to things right from accidents, to car mods, to ice setups, bhp figures and a lot more which missed my ear since there were cross discussions taking place...

wrapped up dinner and tried a photoshoot with all the cars, didnt manage to get any decent pics, all thanks to my camera battery dying out..

everyone fled to their respective cars as soon as it started raining...

(I'm sorry for the pathetic report, as i'm really bad at writing and explaining things!!!)

P.S. pics will follow tomorrow morning

cheers~
Shrivz!
Old 22nd June 2006, 02:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

My first Pune meet and I loved it. Thanks to Shrivz for kick starting it. Just back home and am drowsy more on this tomorrow.

EVO that return drive in the TT was mindblowing.. the last corner at 100+ on wet was ecstatic... thanks for it...!
Old 22nd June 2006, 02:50   #3
BHPian

Ah ha...... the pune meets are getting bigger each time......good good.....
Sad i couldn't make it!!!!!

Waiting for the pics........
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:32   #4
BHPian

say cheese!

The Pics:

Everyone Rushing towards the Audi

The Audi! TT 1.8 TURBO

The gang, waiting for technocrat and his cousin

Breathtaking!!!

Stunning!!!

Dinner at manas

Checking out EVO's ICE

Icing without Flash

The last pic (my camera battery died after this)
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:56   #5
Team-BHP Support

Sitting left to right (Clockwise): Moralfibre, Adya, EVO6, Technocrat's cousin, Technocrat, Shantanu and the man behind the camera is Shrivz.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd June 2006 at 09:59.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

BOy the meet was fun. Sorry guys to keep you waiting :(

Nevertheless it was fun.

psst Shrivz thanks for posting the spy pics of the EVO's ICE

Damn my ICE system sounded junk after that :(
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:57   #7
BHPian

Its just a sneak preview of his ICE, the rest still needs to be done, right EVO

P.S. Sorry for the out of focus pics, i just realised that my camera was on Maual focus, i assumed that it was on auto focus :P

Last edited by shrivz : 22nd June 2006 at 11:00.
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, it was good meet (considering that everything was planned on the spot). To begin with, we didn't even know how many would turn up. Evo and Adya had corfirmed but would that be it?

Finally, after a few calls by Shirvz, techno decided to meet us a lil later as he had to go pick up his cousin. Adya reached in a few mins. We had a little chat and i was checkin out Shirvz's SLR (and no, it's not the Mclaren).

Evo arrived a lil later with his Audi. This was followed by some nice coffee and some Audi talk. Obviously, everyone wanted to know what it felt like, to drive a 235bhp FWD car.

Moralfibre joined is in a while and as harsh as it might sound, we were desperate to get on the road, so no coffee for Moral (sorry about that dude). Hehe

Then it was off to Evo's place. Adya and Moral left their vehicles near Barista and hitched a ride with us. Moral got into the Baleno while Adya was more than happy to hop into the Audi.

We caught up with Techo n his cousin at Chandni Chowk and headed for dinner. We actually thought of having a go karting session but, looking at the state of those karts, we decided no to. The track wasn't interesting either.

The Audi really spiced up things for us. 235bhp on a front wheel drive is insane. Evertime the car accelerated or took a fast corner, i could feel the traction control working overtime.

The power delivery is impressive though. No jerks or surprises, everything happens so smoothly and the only thing that makes you aware of the speeds is the speedo, which reaches insane figures within short bursts of acceleration. And yeah, there's also the G forces that push you back, way back into the seats.

The ICE ofcourse, is a completely diff story. A lot of money has been spent on it and as Techocrat says it "Money well spent".

I'm no expert in audio systems but, i know good sound/music when i hear it. The "Bass" from that system is heavenly. I dunno how to put it but, it does feel very controlled. The front speakers are placed near the passengers feet but the sound comes from above the dashboard (windscreen area), smart eh!!!

And the seating is brilliant too. I had doubts about me fitting into such a small looking car but, the lack of rear seats frees up some space and gives you a low-sporty yet, comfortable seating position.

The car runs on 225/45 R17s but the ride quality is pretty good. Cornering is F.L.A.T!!! If you're looking out for a 2 seater thats good on the highway as well as in the city, this is it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by adya33 : 25th June 2006 at 02:17.
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey Shan I didn't mind the coffee part... had it at work so anyways wasn't interesting!

It was nice to meet you.
Old 22nd June 2006, 14:56   #10
BHPian

@shrivz...i assume thts ur baleno behind the tt..wht bulbs r u using..its lookin pretty cool....
Old 22nd June 2006, 15:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Evo whats the specification of ICE setup in your car?
its different i didnt get the funda behind it ? I am stupid

Last edited by pdev29 : 22nd June 2006 at 15:38.
Old 22nd June 2006, 15:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Atleast tell us your real names? Photos with cranky User ID's doesn't make any sense...!
Old 22nd June 2006, 16:07   #13
BHPian

@balenopower: those are my parking lights bro picked them up from a local accessory stockiest, they're looking light blue due to the slower shutter speed on the cam, in real, they're deep blue...
Old 22nd June 2006, 16:10   #14
BHPian

@finneyp: the real names:

EVO6: Bhushan
Adya33: Aditya
Moralfibre: Kiran
Shan2nu: Shantanu
Technocrat: Kedar
Shrivz: Shrivatsa
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:21   #15
BHPian

guys i was right near chandni chowk ( in bhusari colony , to be precise ) when the meet happened ....
anyways .. cool that the meets have started off now..

@EVO - got the TT remapped ?? we want a full report please !!!
and yeah .. that ICE is too good to even look at .. i can imagine what it must be pumpin out

@shrivz -- where did you get those blue lights from ?? i lookin for something similar ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks