Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 13:28   #76
BHPian

Re: Meet & Drive to Leh (Aug - Sept 2014)?

Hi guys,

Is it too late for us to join. If still possible me and Raj.Barcode woul like to join in from Bangalore in an XUV 500. Also, COuld somebody post the tentative dates in Aug/Sep and the duration for the trip.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:07   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Count us in! We were planning a trip to Leh next year via Amritsar, Srinagar, Kargil to Leh and then to Manali.
Terribly sorry guys! I will have to back out of the proposed Leh trip this year due to the shortage of offs from work; the wedding date was fixed for this September (happened out of the blue!) and would consume close to 22-25 privilege offs. Already took 15 days earlier this January on account of a hospitalisation and recuperation, and would be taking a week off later this month. If I ask for any more offs for this year, my boss would ask me to submit the resignation!

Was eagerly looking forward for the trip during July this year but this happened. For those who are making it, I wish you guys the best and look forward to reading the travelogues. Have a safe and fun-filled trip!
Old 7th May 2014, 15:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
All,
Just returned from a drive to Bhubaneswar and am available. How about meeting this Sunday 11-May [or Saturday second half]? I stay near Indiranagar and can come anywhere to meet. I propose Whitefield Forum Value mall if majority agree. Looks like we will have company of a couple of cars from Pune, Ahmedabad and Mumbai too. Looking forward to seeing each of you in flesh
Hi fortified,

As rocky080 has already indicated our interest in the drive; please do ping me if BHPians are meeting this weekend to discuss the journey

Regards
Old 7th May 2014, 15:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Hi fortified,

As rocky080 has already indicated our interest in the drive; please do ping me if BHPians are meeting this weekend to discuss the journey

Regards
Thanks for the confirmation. Am waiting for few more confirmations so that we can decide date, time, venue agenda etc.,
Old 8th May 2014, 14:49   #80
BHPian

Guys any empty seat left so I can jump in as passenger...
Old 8th May 2014, 16:15   #81
BHPian

Hi all,
Stumbled upon this thread while at work today.
I have an igen i20 (P) 1.2, is it up to the task for leh journey?
If yes then 4 of us would like to join the convoy from Aurangabad.

Reg.
Nikhil
Old 8th May 2014, 18:51   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. Am waiting for few more confirmations so that we can decide date, time, venue agenda etc.,
FORTified I am available to meet on Sunday 11th May. I am in Pune as of now, will be driving back to Blore tomorrow.
Old 10th May 2014, 23:42   #83
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am planning to leave for Leh on 1st June from Ahmedabad in my Yeti. We will go via Srinagar and will probably come back thru Manali. Anybody interested to join during this period pl pm me. Also will appreciate if you suggest that we should pre-book the hotels since I will be travelling with wife and kid.
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:55   #84
BHPian

Me & fellow Bhpian Firefoot have almost confirmed the dates. We are planning on leaving on 29th August from Blore & 14th Sept return to Blore. I guess 17 days are enough as this will be one of our many upcoming leh journeys.

Anybody from Blore okay with the above date. we can meet up in the coming weeks to discuss other things & finalize a travel plan.
Old 22nd May 2014, 22:11   #85

I along with 3 of my friends are planning a trip from Pune to Leh from the 14th August to 29th August. I've never traveled to the North, so this will be my first time. My only source of information is Team BHP. Anyone travelling around the same time ?
Old 22nd May 2014, 23:07   #86
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of it, but haven't been able to get away from work for two years. So am tentative for the next year.
Apart from TBHP also check Facebook for some good sources and experiences of people who have travelled to the region. You can also contact the walking encyclopedia of the Indian roads, H V Kumar.
Old 23rd May 2014, 00:13   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Hi all,
Stumbled upon this thread while at work today.
I have an igen i20 (P) 1.2, is it up to the task for leh journey?
If yes then 4 of us would like to join the convoy from Aurangabad.

Reg.
Nikhil
It should be.
Lineas and Altos have done it, why not an i20?
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:07   #88
BHPian

Hey guys, have you finalized your dates. myself alongwith few more friends in 3 cars are starting from Delhi on August 28th, we will be doing Delhi - Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - Nubra Valley - Pangong - Hanle - Tso Moriri - Keylong - Delhi. Hope to meet you guys somewhere in Ladakh.
Old 30th May 2014, 15:51   #89
BHPian

HI Guys,

Hopefully I am not late but I have been wanting to do this circuit for quite sometime and even bought a Pajero in 2012 just for this road trip but alas the pajero is sold and I didn't get to do this trip as well :(

Please count me in from Bangalore, ok both to be a passenger or get my XUV if there are enough people to accompany me.
Old 30th May 2014, 18:55   #90
BHPian

Moderator note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
Me & fellow Bhpian Firefoot have almost confirmed the dates. We are planning on leaving on 29th August from Blore & 14th Sept return to Blore. I guess 17 days are enough as this will be one of our many upcoming leh journeys.

Anybody from Blore okay with the above date. we can meet up in the coming weeks to discuss other things & finalize a travel plan.
I see a lot of people fro Bangalore were interested in this trip during Aug-Sep'14. However, I am not seeing a lot of action here.

Bangalore enthusiasts,
Please speak up and let us know if you are interested in joining. We FOUR of us are going in my TFort around Aug 15 times [to utilize the loooong weekend to the hilt] and return by first week of September. If more people who expressed interest in this thread respond, we can arrange for a meet to formalize our plans, meet others who had been-there-done-that and have a pretty succesful and memorable trip. Please respond ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enthusiast View Post
HI Guys,

Hopefully I am not late but I have been wanting to do this circuit for quite sometime and even bought a Pajero in 2012 just for this road trip but alas the pajero is sold and I didn't get to do this trip as well :(

Please count me in from Bangalore, ok both to be a passenger or get my XUV if there are enough people to accompany me.
Yes. You have company. I just posted and my post will appear soon. I gathered some 8-10 names who are all from Bangalore and interested in doing this circuit during August-Septembet'14. Once we hear back from them, lets have a meet-and-plan.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th May 2014 at 19:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks