Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 13:30   #31
BHPian

good on ya, BSR, nice work

the more the merrier!

Some people have a doubt as to where exactly the location is... its exactly opposite the TDP Office. the First parking lot after the KBR Park Main Gate. there is a small juicebar by the name SPRINGS, in that parking lot. just there.

so i update the list as follows :
1. aadix (Aaditya)
2. Satish_Appasani
3. Cooldude (Karan)
4. Rao_Battula (Srinivas)
5. furioussphinx (Sagar)
6. Insane Devil (Rishan)
7. Airfoil (Naveen)
8. Burjiis (Burjis)
9. Siva Kalyan

Last edited by Insane Devil : 30th June 2006 at 13:33.
Old 30th June 2006, 14:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

What are the rides we are going to have at the meet? I think Palio dominates.

Palio D - Satish, Kalyan
Palio 1.2 - Srinivas
Palio GTX - Naveen
Laura/Tucson - Rishan
Wagon R - Karan

What are the other rides?
Old 30th June 2006, 15:29   #33
BHPian

Well as there is nothing much exciting in the Laura compared to any other luxury car of that category, other than the awesome DSG and the PD engine i will rather get the Tucson as then u guys can have a better idea about the InCar Entertainment System.
Old 30th June 2006, 18:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have a pretty good copy of the f&f 3 do you want me to burn it on a CD ??
Old 1st July 2006, 09:30   #35
BHPian

hey Karan, thanks for the offer dude, but on my part, i just finished downloading an excellent copy of it

well, others will have to be quick for asking a copy of that!
Old 1st July 2006, 09:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
hey Karan, thanks for the offer dude, but on my part, i just finished downloading an excellent copy of it

well, others will have to be quick for asking a copy of that!

Finally finished the dload huh? Is it divx format? Ill check out da print. BTW I dont think I can drive with this cold I have, recovered from the fever though. So I guess I cant make it to the G2G today....DAMN!!!
Old 3rd July 2006, 11:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Meet Report

It was a great meet. Actually it's the biggest ever meet in Hyderabad.
These are the list of members and their rides present at the event in the order of arrival.

Karan - wagon R
Me - Palio D.
Aadix - Sonata V6.
Burjis - modded Baleno
Insane Devil - Tucson
Airfoil - Palio GTX
rao_battula - Palio 1.2
Buffetfan - Baleno
PUG Member Kalyan - Palio D

I hope I listed everybody. If I missed someone, I apologize.

The guys were coming in till 2:30 PM though the time announced was 1:30 PM keeping up with the nawabi culture that Hyderabadis are known for. Meanwhile people were thoroughly enjoying the mods in Burji's Baleno and the ice in Rishan's (I_D) Tucson. The guys were starving by the time everybody gathered and getting worse by the minute. So we got in to couple of cars and drove off to Pizza hut.

Kalyan was the last person to come and the first person to leave because he had some work. It's so nice of him, though he had some urgent work still he came to the meet just for the sake of meeting other like minded people. BTW, Kalyan was the only member from Hyderabad who drove all the way to Goa to participate in National Palio Users group (PUG) meet.

Everybody enjoyed the pizzas to their heartful. The talks went around on everything on the planet, from cars to the local real estate market. Unfortunately, Aadix received a call from his Dad and he has to leave early.

Then we all drove back to our meeting point at KBR Park parking lot. Airfoil got the chance to drive my Palio D. He is a passionate GTX owner but never got a chance to drive Palio D. In the earlier meets, he put his desire to test the car once but I didn't have the car at that time. He was really surprised by the way my car moves. He was very impressed. I could see the joy in his eyes and I am happy because he is impressed with my car. At the parking, we spent around an hour testing others rides and checking their ICE.

Tucson has awesome stuff and it shows. The SQ in Buffetfan's setup was very good and I am impressed. I didn't get to check other's ice but got to sit in Burji's modded Baleno for a ride. It's hot.

Later we left and I and Airfoil drove to Cartronics, distributor for JBL, Sony & Panasonic car audio in Hyderabad. I have installed JBL CS 607 components in my car. Airfoil bought a Pioneer HU from a different dealer.

Finally, Hyderabad started becoming a Happening place on this forum. There are many more Inactive members here from Hyderabad and hope the number will go up in the next meet.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to take many pictures. I will post whatever I have later.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 3rd July 2006 at 11:09.
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know Hyderabad meets have also started kicking in!! Waiting for the pics now.
Satish, did you say that some people were late by an hour for the meet??? If it were a bangalore meet, trust me, those coming one hour late for the meet would be the first ones to arrive!!!lol..
Anyways, keep it up guys!

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 5th July 2006, 14:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Anybody wants to meet again during the coming weekend?
Old 5th July 2006, 16:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Keep it Up,guys!!

I think i'll join the meet when i visit hyderabad.
Old 5th July 2006, 16:29   #41
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Anybody wants to meet again during the coming weekend?
Satish, I am moving to Hyd during the weekend of 15th july. Will be able to meet you and other guys from Hyd anytime after that.

Cheers
Old 10th July 2006, 14:59   #42
BHPian

i missed it

Hey Guys,
I missed it, i had to compell to some family needs on saturday. Driver job of course.. i m looking fwd eagerly for next meet. well, i m curious to know whats the agenda of meet ? any long drives planned ?????

-Pavan
Old 13th July 2006, 22:06   #43
BHPian

Bring it on!!!

Cmon guys, lets all meet up this Sunday night. We seem to have many members now, I found many guys from Hyderabad and met many online too, will be a wonderful meeting all of you in person. I can be free only for this week, from next week ill be buzy with my sis's wedding till Mid-August. Please guys, lets have a meet this Sunday night!

Its better if we start off planning today or tomorrow so as to avoid final minute rush. Think about it, many ppl missed the G2G previously because of various odd reasons, but this seems to be a nice oppurtunity. What do ya say?

Cheers,
Sagar.
Old 14th July 2006, 12:56   #44
BHPian

hi all!

Lovely writeup, Satish. keep it up.

it sure was a nice day meeting other members from here. Other than Satish Appasani and Aditya, everyone else were new to me. great guys around here!

looking forward to the next meet.
Old 19th July 2006, 13:08   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm gonna be in Hyderabad this sunday 23rd july. Do you guys wanna meet up?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks