Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2006, 18:48   #61
BHPian

Bump!

No takers for a Monday night Hyderabad meet?
Old 24th July 2006, 08:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

I am in. And it's ok for me for late night if we wrap up by 12:00.
Old 24th July 2006, 08:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Sam, Please PM your contact number. I will PM you mine.
Old 24th July 2006, 10:11   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

OK boys, here the clear picture.

I am leaving for HYD in the afnoon and will reach at 1635 (Jet I think)

I have NO idea where i am putting up yet, but i do know i will be working in the banjara hills area. We are opening a new FX Audio - JBL home theatre showroom there and thats what i am coming for. I wil be stationed there all evening today and all day tomorrow.
Please feel free to come and say hi anytime during the eve today or the day tomorrow.
Satish has my cell number. however it is also very convenient for you to email me. sameer@fxaudio.com

I carry my Blackberry everywhere so i will generally reply in 5 to 10 mins after you send the mail.

Meanwhile i look forward to meeting all of you. Biryani, or no biryani
Old 25th July 2006, 12:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

The meet was great fun and is something different for members in Hyd who are used to meet for couple of hours during day time and having lunch together.

Me, Sam & Naveen (Airfoil) met at around 10 PM and went out for drinks.Anupam (Buffetfan) joined later. Though i met others earlier, meeting with Sam was the first time. What a wonderful person he is.... this man is full of joy and fun.
After drinks we went out for dinner. We made Sam to walk through some bylanes in old city area of Hyd and served him with some authentic Hyderabadi food. Sam took few pics there for tbhp exclusive. Coming up soon
We left the restuarant at past 1:30 AM, went to have a look at Charminar glowing with all it's splendour and the adjacent Mecca masjid. The few people around were amused to see us shooting the pics of the monuments in late night. Everybody was assuming Sam in his work clothes is a Software engineer who has just landed in our city from somewhere in the west.
Finally dropped Sam at his hotel and reached home by 2:30 PM.
Had wonderful time. Pics coming up soon.

Guys from Hyd: Wait for the surprise that Sam has for Hyderabad.
Old 25th July 2006, 17:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
The meet was great fun and is something different for members in Hyd who are used to meet for couple of hours during day time and having lunch together.

Me, Sam & Naveen (Airfoil) met at around 10 PM and went out for drinks.Anupam (Buffetfan) joined later. Though i met others earlier, meeting with Sam was the first time. What a wonderful person he is.... this man is full of joy and fun.
After drinks we went out for dinner. We made Sam to walk through some bylanes in old city area of Hyd and served him with some authentic Hyderabadi food. Sam took few pics there for tbhp exclusive. Coming up soon
We left the restuarant at past 1:30 AM, went to have a look at Charminar glowing with all it's splendour and the adjacent Mecca masjid. The few people around were amused to see us shooting the pics of the monuments in late night. Everybody was assuming Sam in his work clothes is a Software engineer who has just landed in our city from somewhere in the west.
Finally dropped Sam at his hotel and reached home by 2:30 PM.
Had wonderful time. Pics coming up soon.

Guys from Hyd: Wait for the surprise that Sam has for Hyderabad.

Sweeeeet, too bad I couldnt come there....waiting for those "Tbhp exclusive" pics And Satish u made a lil mistake, its "Jamma" Masjid not "Mecca", well a BIG Mistake

Hmmm now whats the surprise Sam has in store for Hyd???? JBL car showroom kya??? Some hints yaar.
Old 26th July 2006, 16:04   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Team-BHP meet, July

Hello you dirty little boys,

What a wonderful time I had in Hyderabad. Excellent meet. Well, Satish has already described what we did,time to show some pics then

Right then, we first met up at this club, Sixth sense or something, nice looking club, music was too loud. No it was not JBL. Had a few drinks, Satish, Airfoil and I and we joined by buffetfan. Good fun, yelling at each other over the music.
Actually the guy didn't let us in initially, because there was a sign outside that said "Shorts not allowed" and I had come straight from work, so....
However, the guy had a change of heart when I turned around, lol
and after letting us in, the steward beamed at me and said "What cantry you fram?" in his best phoren accent. Funny.

Satish and Airfoil

Buffetfan

Then we left and here come l'experience gastronomie...
We left 2 cars at the club and Buffetfan drove us to the old city in his nice black baleno.
Drove around till late and went to this old little bylanes with these big darwaazas, Hyderabad is truly a land where heritage and history live just off the road.

Airfoil was my local guide and we just had so much fun chatting about any crap all evening

Before dinner.

As you know, my quest in hyderabad was to get good biryani and the boys did not disappoint. Hyderabadi traditional biryani is slow cooked in large pots on charcoal and woodfire. It was amazing to see and even more amazing to eat.
This is the part where everyone outside hyderabad wishes he was there

And this is how biryani should be made

And then we ate and ate and buffet had to go to the toilet. So he went - To the LADIES lol

I waited with oily hands dying to get the picture of him walking out. Sorry about the poor picture quality, he was far away and the flash was small
Not to be outdone by this, airfoil not only went to the ladies, he even posed outside till i got my picture.

Then we went for a little tour of the old city

The beautiful Masjid there.

And finally, here we are, the quintessential Hyderabad photo

It was fun fun fun and a delight to meet the guys from Hyderabad.

And in closing, here's a funny conversation in buffetfans car I will remember for days to come

Airfoil: You see Sam, it was possible to go right up to the top of the Charminar, but now it has been stopped by the government. You see, one family had comitted suicide by jumping off the top...
Sam: Oh! Ouch! That must have been painful!!
Buffetfan: (Wryly).... not if it's done right

See ya soon guys, 3rd August to be precise , I can hardly wait!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 26th July 2006 at 16:08.
Old 26th July 2006, 17:07   #68
BANNED

Sam... WHERE ARE THE PIX OF THE DAMN BIRYANI DUDE!!!!!
I don't wanna see BEFORE OR AFTER pictures.. I wanna see those INBETWEEN.
Old 26th July 2006, 18:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Not to be outdone by this, airfoil not only went to the ladies, he even posed outside till i got my picture.

Don't miss the glint in my eyes!

Yeah Sam, it was a pleasure having you over and everything. 'Till next time...
Old 26th July 2006, 22:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

Guys.. it was real fun having this meet..
Sam,
It was fun to have you there.. hopefully meet you again soon.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 26th July 2006 at 22:54.
Old 27th July 2006, 11:50   #71
BHPian

Lol... Satish... thanks to you I couldnt come for the meet! But no probs... i'll keep aug 3rd free!
SAM>>> MAKE SURE OUR DEAR BOYS REMEMBER TO CALL ME AT LEAST THIS TIME!
Looks like you guys had fun... last night I was stuck in traffic till 3:30 in the morning!

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 27th July 2006, 14:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Pic from my camera

Sam & Airfoil

All the four at the meet: Left - Right: Sam, Airfoil, Buffetfan, Me

Buffetfan & Airfoil

Enjoying Hyd biriyani
Old 27th July 2006, 14:15   #73
Senior - BHPian

Pics from earlier meet

This pics are from the meet on July 1st. Sorry guys, couldn't download these from these till today

The cars lined up at the meet

Underhood of Burjiis modded Baleno

Front of Insane Devil's Tucson

Last edited by satish_appasani : 27th July 2006 at 14:17.
Old 30th July 2006, 18:02   #74
BHPian

Satish, u deserve a nice good spanking on ur backside for that delay of pics The more I see Rishan's Ride, the more I wanna see it.....hmm now whats with aug 3 ??? sam, any surprices? Hmmm I wont be in Hyd frm Aug 2 - 8 as am going to B'lore...... Damn! Why do all the meets happen when am away
Old 1st August 2006, 22:20   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm coming back to Hyderabad day after tomorrow.

I arrive 3rd and intend to stay 3rd night and 4th night. So do i see you guys so we can again change the name of this thread? To June, July and August?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks