Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2006, 18:22   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

All are welcome with their families too .. But serious advice would be to leave ur wifey and kids at home unless they are auto enthus .. If not they will get bored and create ruckus listening to RPM , BHP , Traction , Powershifting etc etc all the time from us .. Saying this from personal experience ..

Himanshu , all drives start at about 7 in the morning (if 1 Mr.v1p3r would wake up on time) and are done with by about 4 in the evening ..
Old 28th June 2006, 18:55   #17
BHPian

I hope to make it to the meet this time around. Shall try to consciously avoid any engagements for this weekend.

-Haque
Old 29th June 2006, 13:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Solo it is then! will have to think of some explantion to give to teh wife

what is the proposed meeting/starting point.

Suggestion- Intel/accenture building (in front of Innovative) at Sarjapur ORR. we can go straight onto Mysore road from there.
Old 29th June 2006, 13:31   #19
BHPian

Count me in as well. Atleast for now, as the date is too far ahead in the future for complete confirmation. :-)
Old 29th June 2006, 14:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
what is the proposed meeting/starting point.

Suggestion- Intel/accenture building (in front of Innovative) at Sarjapur ORR. we can go straight onto Mysore road from there.

Guys,

My house is in Jayanagar 8th Blk - Bangalore south and near to Ring Rd/Mysore Rd - Can I join from some point near here?!

Or should we congregate in front of Grips on Mysore Rd itself?

Last edited by theMAG : 29th June 2006 at 14:57.
Old 29th June 2006, 14:55   #21
BANNED

Most often than not the start off point is a place from where everyone will have to pass through .. For eg , it was dakshin honda on the krishnagiri trip .. Everyone will have to pass this so its easier to find .. As the time comes close we can choose such a destination on the mysore road too where every member can meet up ..
Old 29th June 2006, 15:19   #22
DRC
BHPian

Rajarajeswari nagar arch should be a good point...

This time I too will make it a point to be free this weekend.

More than an year in this forum, never met atleast one member.
Old 29th June 2006, 15:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
All are welcome with their families too .. But serious advice would be to leave ur wifey and kids at home unless they are auto enthus .. If not they will get bored and create ruckus listening to RPM , BHP , Traction , Powershifting etc etc all the time from us .. Saying this from personal experience.
lol... passing around premature conclusions, arent we? come on mclaren, if some ppl cant find a female companion to acompany em, doesnt mean they shd go around givin excuses to discourage others.
or hv u bn scolded once too often already by those u wanna avoid? :P
anyways, am not sure whether i wud be able to join u guys on the drive down the death road aka road to hell aka khooni sadak.
will confirm a cpuple of days in advance only.
amitoj
Old 29th June 2006, 16:24   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
come on mclaren, if some ppl cant find a female companion to acompany em, doesnt mean they shd go around givin excuses to discourage others.
Wish i could get my GF to the meet and make her drive a go-kart on our return journey at grips .. She would leave a few dropping jaws with her impressive pace ... But alas she is leaving to her hometown on the 21st itself ..

Hello sir , im not discouraging any women folks to accompany us just warning the others a little ahead .. Dont want the goa episode to repeat where the ladies would go " WILL U GUYS PLS TALK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN CARS ?? " unless u have forgotten the statement .. LOL !!!!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 29th June 2006 at 16:29.
Old 29th June 2006, 16:40   #25
BHPian

Should I drive down for the meet? Man I am tempted to do so...

:( Very badly in need of a break. Will let you guys know if I am coming down.
Old 29th June 2006, 16:46   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Should I drive down for the meet? Man I am tempted to do so...

:( Very badly in need of a break. Will let you guys know if I am coming down.
Harrie , pls do come down .. Moresover now that we couldnt attend ur wedding, bring ur wife along as well .. Btw ek treat baki rehgaya .. Shaadi se pehle bachelor party nahi diya tho kya hua we can still celebrate ...
Old 29th June 2006, 18:32   #27
BHPian

Count me in as of now.. I am game for a half day drive with lunch, etc.. May have the wife along this time..
Old 29th June 2006, 19:13   #28
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
the ladies would go " WILL U GUYS PLS TALK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN CARS ??
But then why Mysore road ???..... people all along the road want to commit suicide... missed running over a scooter guy while driving an Innova, still regret having skid in the Innova for a good 25 feet to avoid that moron ( who even after looking at the car coming at a pretty good pace, all of a sudden decided to take a U turn to the right from the extreme left ), feel that i should have gone through him...

The road is newly laid but too narrow and goes right through the villiages instead of around them and has no fencing/barracades to keep the villiage people and their vehicles away from the road, leave alone their cattle, which makes it VERY DANGEROUS....
Old 29th June 2006, 21:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir , im not discouraging any women folks to accompany us just warning the others a little ahead .. Dont want the goa episode to repeat where the ladies would go " WILL U GUYS PLS TALK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN CARS ?? " unless u have forgotten the statement .. LOL !!!!
hmm..... so any1 who wud like to talk abt sumthin other than cars shd stay away frm the meet, eh? dat way i dnt see any point in me comin either. oh and yeah, plain denial doesnt mean not guilty. m feelin a bit lazy to quote ur exact words but u did "seriously advise" against bringin wife/gf along unless they wanna car talk. wot was it dat gto used to hv as his sigature?sumthin abt openin ur mind before makin it or sumthin like dat....
amitoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Originally Posted by Jay
why Mysore road ???..... people all along the road want to commit suicide.

The road is newly laid but too narrow and goes right through the villiages instead of around them and has no fencing/barracades to....
exactly my point. n given the hot blooded drivers we have, its a recipe fr disaster, unless we all swear upon all that we love and honor, to stick to a safe speed limit... sumwhere around 80 to 100.
amitoj

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

In addition, you have a 20 minute time-interval in which to edit / modify your post. Do not double post.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th June 2006 at 19:25.
Old 29th June 2006, 21:38   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
hmm..... so any1 who wud like to talk abt sumthin other than cars shd stay away frm the meet, eh? dat way i dnt see any point in me comin either. oh and yeah, plain denial doesnt mean not guilty. m feelin a bit lazy to quote ur exact words but u did "seriously advise" against bringin wife/gf along unless they wanna car talk. wot was it dat gto used to hv as his sigature?sumthin abt openin ur mind before makin it or sumthin like dat....
amitoj
Amitoj , we are going majorly here ... I personally have nothing against the women folks coming (remember i was the one who gave the idea in the 1st place for the goa meet too) .. Neither have any issues with people wanting to talk about anything other than cars .. All im saying going by our tendecies to ONLY TALK ABOUT CARS the women are bound to get BORED .. So its better to warn them up front only.. That said and done , i personally would have got my GF along if she was not going back to her hometown because she never gets bored with car talk as she is one enthu too ... I repeat all those who want to bring their better halves along are most welcome to ..

PS : Im beginning to wonder if ur posting under some (or should it be someones) influence .. Just kidding ..

Quote:
exactly my point. n given the hot blooded drivers we have, its a recipe fr disaster, unless we all swear upon all that we love and honor, to stick to a safe speed limit... sumwhere around 80 to 100.
Personally i dont have any clue about the mysore road , why it was chosen as a destination was that the project now at its completed stage has some nice stretches to push the cars and also that it would be on the way to get to GRIPS the karting centre on our way back .. Bad road manners by 2 wheelers , pedestrians , lorries coming in wrong lanes is a part and parcel of the krishnagiri run too aint it ??? Unless the mysore road is much worse .. Anyways destination is still open to decide upon .. Any alternative suggestiosns ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks