Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2006, 22:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
I repeat all those who want to bring their better halves along are most welcome to ..
repeat??? lol.... anyways, thats a more mature line to take, young paduan!
as fr the road, is sticking to sane speeds not an alternative???
Old 29th June 2006, 22:53   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
repeat??? lol.... anyways, thats a more mature line to take, young paduan!
as fr the road, is sticking to sane speeds not an alternative???
Now im sure asto whose posting .. Would love to see u both at the meet ..
Old 30th June 2006, 08:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now im sure asto whose posting .. Would love to see u both at the meet ..
pls tell me u r still joking so dat i can borrow steeroid's line dat its not funny anymore. n if u arent joking, then lets take it up offline. anyways, dis is my last pieceregarding this on the thread. u can go on if u like.... am not interestd in being the last word freak here.

anyways, lets get baq to the topic.

Abt the road, even people in this small sleepy town in punab ask me why mysore road is called killer road, so its kinda surprising dat ppl in blore dont know abt it.
am all fr mysore road bt m gonna hover at 100, max 120. so i will start earlier than the rest of u, if these speeds r too low fr some.

amitoj
Old 30th June 2006, 09:35   #34
BHPian

Hi,

I am from b'lore too and newbie to this site, I wuld love to join you guys. Even my friends are interested, we have this drag's on marathalli ring rd fortnightly in the middle of the night and it's good fun.

Quote:
OK boys , gentlemen and wives of the so called gentlemen (who promised to accompany to future meets on goa return journey)..

Been ages since we went out for a long drive , last one with a good number being all but 4 cars .. Goa couldnt be considered as one as there were only 3 cars and hardly any bhpians ..

Now that by then all the engineering students including memo , v1p3r and myself will be done with our engineering exams its a wonderful time to have a get together ..

Possible destinations ??
How about the newly laid mysore road , we could go have a coffee at channapatna Coffee Day (if we need to give someone a reson for the drive ) .. On our way back maybe even visit GRIPS the new go-karting centre in town .. The track and the karts are pretty impressive actually ..

So rudra , ajmat , wolf , adit , godfather , psycho , jay , souljah , spider , anush , amitoj , grey , haque , joz , xtreme nos , nitinbhag , satan , shantanu , shravan , binz , tarul , zahed , memo , v1p3r and all the newbies please turn up ..

THE MORE THE MERRIER !!!!!

PS : Psycho has a surprise for u all ...
Old 30th June 2006, 10:10   #35
BANNED

Quote:
exactly my point. n given the hot blooded drivers we have, its a recipe fr disaster, unless we all swear upon all that we love and honor, to stick to a safe speed limit... sumwhere around 80 to 100.
amitoj
Hey, sorry to butt in but are you feeling ill by any chance ??? U asking for 80-100 speed limit ... whereas all the earlier meet threads have had ppl posting about you being right ahead and others having a tough time catching up ..

As for wives and gf's ... they shud be encouraged instead of discouraged !!! Drag them even if they dont want to come ....

Cheers
Old 30th June 2006, 10:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey if Mysore road is such a sore point with some of us, and the fact is that it is a bloody dangerous road, y dont we drive upto Nandi hills. the road is pretty good, and MAN! that hill climb is awesome!

Wot say guys....ur thoughts please!
Old 30th June 2006, 10:52   #37
BANNED

Lets clear out a few things here and not spoil the meaning of the thread ..

1. I never "seriously adviced" against getting women folks to the meets .. All i said if they dont like car talks or we talking about cars all the time then its not such a good idea .. That said , whether another women came or not i WAS SURE TO BRING MY GF for the drive IF SHE WASNT leaving to her hometown on the 21st itself .. Why would I bring HER ?? Because she loves cars and loves hearing us talk about them.. That way the others wont feel uncomfy when the ladies put up a sorry face having got bored ..

2. I really have no clue about the status of the mysore road ... Maybe even in punjab it might be known as the DEATH ROAD but call me ignorant .. It was just a suggestion which was open for debate ..

I hope i have cleared up a few things ..

Regarding this ,
Quote:
m gonna hover at 100, max 120
All that me and khaadu do is .. 120 on the goldie only .. LOL .. No offense .. Just kidding ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
y dont we drive upto Nandi hills. the road is pretty good, and MAN! that hill climb is awesome!
This i must say is a brilliant idea .. Just last month memo , myself , my brother and our gf's and a couple of friends did a trip to nandi hills on both our balenos .. Least to say the climb is AWESOME .. But we had to listen to a lot of yells from the women folk who thought we would go off the hill ... Im game for the nandi climb, maybe even time the climb as the two of us will be taking part in the next climb , kinda like practice u see ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th June 2006 at 10:54.
Old 30th June 2006, 10:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
unless we all swear upon all that we love and honor, to stick to a safe speed limit... sumwhere around 80 to 100.
amitoj
hehehhe...i remember the last time when everyone swore that they would stick to 80 kph on the krishnagiri rd....and the slowest car was doing 160 kph

abt mysore rd ...i had mentioned in some other thread ...that i was not comfortable above 80 kph .....
the kamat hotel also sucks ...

decide on some other destination ...

Last edited by ajmat : 30th June 2006 at 12:16.
Old 30th June 2006, 11:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

lets start a vote between Nandi Hills and Mysore road.

Whichever gets the higer votes will be the venue!
Old 30th June 2006, 11:30   #40
BANNED

Im game for the nandi hills drive over the mysore road .. Next choice would be the usual krishnagiri road ..
Old 30th June 2006, 11:44   #41
Jay
BHPian

OK now people, enough of the women / no women talk. This is getting way out of topic. Decision of getting the women or not should be left to the members/participants only.
Lets focus our discussion on where to go and what to do...

Nandi Hills seems to be one option....

Another option can be Yelagiri, a small hill, a little further away from krishnagiri... there is a lake there ( Boating ), pretty decent hotels, the climb up the hill though short is good.

What about Hoganekkal Falls ???

any other suggetions.... how come the other members from bangalore have'nt posted here ???

Last edited by Jay : 30th June 2006 at 11:59.
Old 30th June 2006, 12:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

all those who r doubting my ability 2 drive between 100 n 120, can ask psycho wot speeds we were doing on our way to goa.
n m outta any drive dat involves timing hill climbs on public roads.... am fast, but not stupid.

amitoj
Old 30th June 2006, 12:34   #43
BANNED

Quote:
n m outta any drive dat involves timing hill climbs on public roads.... am fast, but not stupid.
amitoj
Just to set the record straight the OFFICIAL NANDI HILL climbs that are held every year are done with on coming traffic as they dont have the permission to cordon off the vehicles coming down hill (or so im told) .. And this event is okied by the govt too if thats a solace .. Let me quote the same as u " I am fast too , but not stupid" .. " Timing urself doesnt necessarily have to translate to taking stupid moves" .. Having done this stretch very recently i can say that visibility factor of vehicles coming down hill is absolutely not an issue (at no corner no matter how or where u are u cant miss an oncoming vehicles sight from quite a distance away) .. The roads are very well designed .. Also by timed climbs i didnt intend to ask u all to join me .. All i meant is i wanted to see under normal driving circumstances (read sedate enough) how long it would take to complete the climb , compare it with the record and see .. Lets not draw premature conclusions here shall we ??

PS : Cant understand why u guys are bent upon taking this seriously .. Can we actually sit down and talk about the drive ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th June 2006 at 12:52.
Old 30th June 2006, 12:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

amitoj
I second Amitoj on that. The drive should be a fun affair and not one with daredevilry. Ther eis a time and place for that. Let us be sane people and drive at a brisk but safe clip (90 to 110).

As regards teh climb, if we try to do timed clims, that is a recipie for disaster. I have had a very very close call once on Nandi hills while going up in my esteem last year. Some idiot in a Sumo was hurtling down around a hairpin and it was only last minute evasive action that saved me. The only casualty was my RHS mirror.

So let it be an enjoyable drive and not one of one upmanship.
Old 30th June 2006, 13:01   #45
BANNED

Also its quite surprising that the very same people here were talking about doing the mumbai kerala stretch all of 700 odd kms in a matter of 7-8 hrs .. Isnt this thread the one that was started by veyron in the travelogue sections ?? Wonder what timing they meant there ?? What responsility were they depicting there ?? Telling publically that average speeds of 120+ were quite possible and safe (im assuming those were public roads too ??).. Wow .. Now the sudden change of opinions in just a matter of days ???

PS : I serioulsy dont intend to go OT , but satya , amitoj u guys are leaving me with no choice but clarify ur statements .. Id still request u guys to kindly stick to the topic ..

PS 2 : I would like to repeat the drive shall certainly NOT INVOLVE ANY STUPID DRIVING FROM ANYONE .. U guys are not new to the drives are u ?? Its the same people driving the same cars and i never did see any incidents prior to this (though the cars will be driven the same way this time too) on any of the drives .. So guys just relax ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th June 2006 at 13:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed