Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 14:02   #46
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
PS : Cant understand why u guys are bent upon taking this seriously .. Can we actually sit down and talk about the drive ??
i pity your state Rahul, looks like all are bent upon taking your ***, anyways long time left... so we can discuss and decide upon the drive...

Could the focus be shifted to the PLACE instead of individuals and their capabilities...
Guys instead of posting where you would'nt want to go for a drive, better post where you would want to go for a drive....

some suggestions as of now......
Mysore road
Nandi hills
Yelagiri
Hoganekkal Falls.....
Anywhere else ???....
Old 30th June 2006, 14:11   #47
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Things are getting a bit out of hand - who said, who did, who can etc...

There ain't any angels over here and us mods will kick out any devils

Stick to the topic on where you will go , meet logistics, conditions of the road etc. - factual stuff

Any more of this nonsense then we will delete thread and you start again - in a civilised way!
Old 30th June 2006, 14:18   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
some suggestions as of now......
Mysore road
Nandi hills
Yelagiri
Hoganekkal Falls.....
Anywhere else ???....
Mysore road seems out of the question as there are many objections against it .. HHHMMM , nandi hills does sound an interesting proposition .. If not its the usual krishnagiri route all the way upto jwalarpet (however this stretch is getting a bit boring now) .. Jay im quite unaquainted with the locations of yelagiri and hoganekkal falls , could u pls put up the details ??? Thanks ..
Old 30th June 2006, 14:25   #49

dude i'll cum with the r1
Old 30th June 2006, 14:36   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_444_2006
dude i'll cum with the r1
Ur welcome arjun (gowda ?? by any chance ??).. Could u kindly give me ur contact details so that we can inform u of any latest updates .. And yeah it would be nice to have a SBK amongst us .. Pity that u will have ride her in 2nd gear for most part of the journey ..

PS : How about posting an intro in the introduce urself section (i guess u havent yet ??)
Old 30th June 2006, 15:30   #51
Jay
BHPian

Was browsing through the Travelogues section and found the following :

Bangalore – Hosur – Krishnagiri – Dharmapuri – Pennagaram – Hogenakkal... About 150kms from Bangalore
Hoganekkal Falls

Yelagiri is off Krishnagiri, may be about 50 kms from there.... nice road except 15 kms of single lane road, the climb is short but nice curves ( single lane ), Something like Nandi Hills but not as high, there is a lake there ( Boating ), AKRoy should be able to give more details about it as he too has been there .... about 150-175 kms from bangalore...

Pondicherry Road ( Gingee Fort )...Amitoj ???
Pondy Road Off Krishnagiri

other places that can be given a thought are:
* Shiva Samudram ( Gaganachukki Falls )
* Talakadu
* Mekedhatu ( Sangam ) 90kms from Bangalore, Kanakapura road.

The above three places are around 100kms from Bangalore...
Old 30th June 2006, 15:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Well...
Yelagiri Road:
Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Ponnuri (before Vaniyambadi take right turn) - Yelagiri Hills (distance from my house in Ulsoor to Hotel Hills is 175km)
Good Hotels: Hotel hills, Yelagiri hills Country Club...went twice there but didnt write a travelogue...(Road is favulous through out)

Hogenakkal : See my Travelogue!! It is about 187km from my house. (Road is good but careful in Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch)

Pondicherry:
Bangalore - Hosur -Krishnagiri(take the pondy road NH66) - Chengam - Thiruvannamalle - Ginjee - Tindivanam - Pondy
Distance from Koramangala(NGV) to Banyan Beach Resort = 330km
(I did that by bike, yet to do in car...did pondy in 6.5 hrs including break, 5AM - 11:40AM)...road is great but better keep the car in 80kmph....

Ginjee should be around 250km from Bangalore....
Old 30th June 2006, 15:52   #53
Jay
BHPian

Hey akroy, that was fast..... thanks a ton for the details, thought of sending you a PM with a request for the details, just had lunch and bang the details are up....
Since you travel a lot, any suggestions from your side ??? for a one day Drive ???.... Ginjee 250 kms from bangalore seems a little far off for a one day drive as we surely wont be able to leave by 5-6 am.....
hope to meet you at the Bangy drive.......

Last edited by Jay : 30th June 2006 at 15:53.
Old 30th June 2006, 16:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

I think if the people are more it is better to travel lesser distances...nandi hills shud be good, or u can atmax try out Hogenakkal (but u need to start early by 7AM max to really enjoy the drive and other stuffs...)

I can suggest one more place....that is Krishnagiri Dam, that is around 110km from here....nice big park and nice dam...u can spend a decent 3-4 hours there and talk about cars (the ladies ofcourse can enjoy the park too)
All can have a late lunch at Krishnagiri and come back by 6PM...
As far as me making to the trip, I cannot commit, long time to go, lets see !!! If I commit and dont come then McLaren may come fuming at me !!! (anyway kidding, everyone is after his a** so mein bhi behti ganga mein hath dho liya)

Abhi
Old 30th June 2006, 18:03   #55
BANNED

Jay and akroy thanks for the quick updates ..

The agenda of the meet would be a drive for about 100-125 kms one way max + breakfast midway + loads of car talk + lunch + sight seeing (if any) + some talks + drive back + karting (if possible) + couple beers in town + some car talks + head back home (and then some more talks over the phone with a few bhpians) ...

Akroy , u seemed very well aquainted with all these places so could u suggest the best place keeping in mind the above needs ?? Also keep in mind that we all turn up at 8:30 for a 7am scheduled meet ( coupled to that a few million calls to blue boy right from 6am confirming his participation , just kidding akshay !!!!) .. Head back home by about 6 or 7pm ..

Guys pls make sure that like always u guys wont confirm and then back out at the last minute .. Lets make this happen in good numbers ..
Old 30th June 2006, 23:51   #56
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaiskm
Hi,

I am from b'lore too and newbie to this site, I wuld love to join you guys. Even my friends are interested, we have this drag's on marathalli ring rd fortnightly in the middle of the night and it's good fun.
Hi owaiskm, you and your friends are surely welcome to join in for the drive... but want to remind you that its just a casual drive that we want to undertake and NOT A DRAG RACE or for that matter any kind of a race... its going to be a get together of the bangalore members and their family/friends for a day... keep watching this thread for further confirmations of members and the Schedule of the meet....

PS : incase we decide to go to Nandi Hills, may be on the way we can visit Patel's Inn if karting needs to be on the schedule.....

Last edited by Jay : 30th June 2006 at 23:54.
Old 1st July 2006, 00:29   #57
BHPian

hey count me in..i missd the team bhp meet earlier...but not this one...and my swift has just recoverd from a bad crash...i will be joining the drive too.....
Old 1st July 2006, 02:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Count me in ...doesnt matter where we're going! With so many people wanted to come I think this one is going to be one of the best Blore Tbhp drives ever...
Old 1st July 2006, 10:16   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Count me in ...doesnt matter where we're going! With so many people wanted to come I think this one is going to be one of the best Blore Tbhp drives ever...
Great .. Was about to sms u today regarding the meet .. In any case just inform shantanu and fahad and bring them along as well .. Until then have fun ..

PS : Track day aint that far either ..
Old 1st July 2006, 11:14   #60
Team-BHP Support

Alas, I will be in Shanghai from 20th till 27th
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks