Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2006, 22:36   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

23rd is beautiful. I'm confirmed alongwith a pal of mine

Last edited by theMAG : 16th July 2006 at 22:38.
Old 17th July 2006, 01:33   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Im extremely sorry guys .. Have to pull out of this one this time .. A few friends and myself had planned a long trip and we had to prepone it to the 22nd itself as our holidays have been cut short .. I have put up another thread on it .. However those of u interested to do this trip around karnataka are welcome to join in with us .. Had a surpise in store for all of u , but too bad u guys will have to do this one without me .. Sorry yet again ..
Old 17th July 2006, 15:23   #93
BHPian

Sad, hope that does not mean the meet is off?
Old 17th July 2006, 16:06   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan
Sad, hope that does not mean the meet is off?
It certainly doesnt mean that the meet is off .. There are plenty other members who are interested in joining for the meet .. I could help u all setup the entire logistics if any help is needed in that regard .. Just make sure u guys have a great drive , coupled with plenty of pics and a nice report .. Will surely miss this drive ..

Why dont members such as wolf , mag come forward and setup the initiative for this drive .. And where are all the oldies ??? Psycho , satan , amitoj , shantanu , anush , rudra , souljah , v1p3r ?? Comeon u guys make this happen will ya ..
Old 17th July 2006, 16:20   #95
BHPian

what about the weekend meets where does this happen, would love to come and participate in one of these, is it a cocktail meet or just koffee
Old 17th July 2006, 16:33   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
what about the weekend meets where does this happen, would love to come and participate in one of these, is it a cocktail meet or just koffee
Most of these weekend meets happen at LCD (lavelle road coffe day) or cafe 200 at indiranagar .. After some coffee we do head off for some drinks depending on everyones mood .. But since a month or two because of the cops breaking down on modded cars at mgs and brigade's meets dont happen that often .. Also everyone seems to be busy these days .. Apart from psycho , v1p3r , jay and myself not many turn up ..
Old 17th July 2006, 18:58   #97
BHPian

How about a poll on how many members exist in bangalore and what cars they drive , and a competition for the best looking, maintained, cars
Old 17th July 2006, 19:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good idea,
However, we are looking for a poll to decide the date and the destination for the meet now.
Can someone Sr. member take the initiative and set this up! we are not too far from the scheduled date.
Old 17th July 2006, 19:12   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
How about a poll on how many members exist in bangalore and what cars they drive , and a competition for the best looking, maintained, cars
From the contacts in my cell here are all of them from the garden city or is it the g#####E city:

1. Adit - OHC vtec .
2. Ajmat - OHC vtec and swift ..
3. Amitoj - e-zen ..
4. agressive_anush - esteem ..
5. Cooljun - RD 350 ..
6. Godfather - Esteem ..
7. Haque - Baleno ..
8. Jay - Santro ..
9. Joz - Alto ..
10. The Mag - swift ??
11. extreme_nos - CBZ ..
12. Nitinbhag - Dicor ..
13. Psycho - Contessa and esteem ..
14. Rudra aka bling king - Chevy Optra and india's best looking AMBY .. Old man will win the car maintanance competition HANDS DOWN .. GO rudro ..
15. Satan Crazy - Baleno ..
16. Shantanu - OHC VTEC ..
17. Shravan - M800 ..
18. Souljah - ???? (sorry anirudh dont remember) ..
19. V1p3r aka blue boy - Baleno ..
20 . Vivekphadnis - Alto ..
21. WOlf - OHC VTEC ..
22. Princezahed - Pulsar 180 ..
23. Spider - Swift ..
24. Santosh - esteem ..
25. Memo_45_m - Baleno ..
26. Myself - Baleno ..

Now the others can add to this list ... And wham we have all the active members from bangy .. Also like i said earlier if there is any sort of competition for the most well maintained car then it would have to be rudra's black beauties ..

PS : Sorry if i have missed out anyone guys .. These are the ones i could recollect from the top of my mind ..
Old 17th July 2006, 19:23   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
Thats a good idea,
However, we are looking for a poll to decide the date and the destination for the meet now.
Can someone Sr. member take the initiative and set this up! we are not too far from the scheduled date.
As there are plenty of new members i would suggest u guys stick onto the normal route we have been taking since the last 3 drives ..

Meet point at Dakshin Honda at 7am sharp .. Leaverage of 15-20mins for the late comers (pray that v1p3r might not be coming late again this time) , take a few minutes to know each other .. All members make sure atleast one member has ur cell phone numbers to confirm ur arrival ..

Head off from dakshin honda onto krishnagiri .. Wait near the toll gate whilst the backmarkers play catchup .. Head from the toll gate together , go over the 1st flyover , under the second towards the left.. At the junction hit the left turn and stick to the highway .. Dont take a deviation into krishnagiri (apparently what blue boy and satan did on my 1st drive) .. Drive up another 3kms and there is a hotel (actually a small hut) to the left where there is a break in the divider.. Have breakfast there .. Drive up another 40-50kms make a U-turn and head back to bangalore the same way .. Stop by for lunch at hosur or any convinient place in the city , have a few beers and head back home by about 5 .. Whew im so going to miss this drive ..

PS : Enjoy the drive .. Its filled with beautiful roads and expect most of the cars to max out their speedos but drive safe at the same time as well .. Have fun ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th July 2006 at 19:24.
Old 17th July 2006, 19:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
From the contacts in my cell here are all of them from the garden city or is it the g#####E city:

1. Adit - OHC vtec .
3. Amitoj - e-zen ..
5. Cooljun - RD 350 ..
6. Godfather - Esteem ..
7. Haque - Baleno ..
8. Jay - Santro ..
9. Joz - Alto ..
10. The Mag - swift ??
11. extreme_nos - CBZ ..
12. Nitinbhag - Dicor ..
14. Rudra aka bling king - Chevy Optra and india's best looking AMBY .. Old man will win the car maintanance competition HANDS DOWN .. GO rudro ..
17. Shravan - M800 ..
21. WOlf - OHC VTEC ..
23. Spider - Swift ..
24. Santosh - esteem ..
26. Myself - Baleno ..

Now the others can add to this list ... And wham we have all the active members from bangy .. Also like i said earlier if there is any sort of competition for the most well maintained car then it would have to be rudra's black beauties ..

PS : Sorry if i have missed out anyone guys .. These are the ones i could recollect from the top of my mind ..
Thanks for the infor Mclaren,
Do we have a facility with this board where we can build a database!!
We can keep all Bangalore member data in the database, like Name, Contact no, Cars etc. etc. If there is such a facility, lets build a database. All interested should be able to populate their info by d-day.
Old 17th July 2006, 19:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drive a santro zipdrive... and actually I have never come to a meet in the car so there's no question of you apologising

So McLarens got other obligations and he is usually the driving force behind the Bangalore meets andt-bhp activities (atleast from when I have joined this community)... so what say a few of us fill in his shoes for the 23rd and plan this meet ?
Old 17th July 2006, 22:09   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Adit - OHC vtec .
3. Amitoj - e-zen ..
5. Cooljun - RD 350 ..
6. Godfather - Esteem ..
7. Haque - Baleno ..
8. Jay - Santro ..
9. Joz - Alto ..
10. The Mag - swift ??
11. extreme_nos - CBZ ..
12. Nitinbhag - Dicor ..
17. Shravan - M800 ..
21. WOlf - OHC VTEC ..
23. Spider - Swift ..
24. Santosh - esteem ..
26. Myself - Baleno ..

Now the others can add to this list ... And wham we have all the active members from bangy
Hey yeah - me got Swift.

People, you guys will need to speak up NOW about destination and 22/23rd or else this whole thing will end up a damp squib and make us - The Bangalore Team-BHP Boys the flaming embarassments of the forum.

Moderators - pl help converting this into a poll:

Destination

1. Original suggestion by mclaren1885 (Hosur Rd)
2. Other

Date

1. 22-Jul
2. 23-Jul

We should freeze decisions by Friday 21-Jul 12 pm. Those confirmed after this democratic poll, pl PM ur numbers to mclaren1885, to whom I've already done so since he's involved with Team-BHP meets before and knows more of you guys than say, I (will change during the meet ). mclaren1885 - your initial participation will be required in either finalizing a new point-of-contact for us to contact/coordinate with or doing the initial matchmaking(!) yourself personally before you leave for your trip !

Cheers Bengalururavare and make this meet happen!

Last edited by theMAG : 17th July 2006 at 22:17.
Old 18th July 2006, 09:56   #104
BHPian

I drive a BALENO TOO
Old 18th July 2006, 10:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

I drive a Palio 1.2 ELX.

About the meet- if the destination is Nandi Hills, i am in, Mysore road- I am out!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks