Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2006, 14:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Not a local joint, but next time you in Delhi try out this place called The Big Chill in Khan Market. The best italian food (other than at flavours) can be found there.
I beg to differ I can cook better more authentic italian food than flavors and bog chill.. wanna try REAL AUTHENTIC italian food try Tonino;s on MG road...... BIG Chill and flavors are at best imitation indianized italian

Quote:
Or for thai food, go to Ego Thai at New Friends Colony.

True

Quote:
Talking about NFC, you MUST try out the shawarma's at this famous shady lebenese joint called Al Bakes there... you'll never turn back!

Albakes meat rolled in a roti/prantha .... the worst imitation lebaneese food you can have best shawarma's are at shalom
Old 17th July 2006, 16:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava

Lovely food can see myslef going there regularly now!
me too a fan now !! .. looks like i'm gonna end up there on all coming weekend's .. and this time i'll get the biryani packed too and the wrap autopsyche was talking abt ..

man t-bhp is turning out to be fun in more ways than i thought

Last edited by Samurai : 18th July 2006 at 22:30.
Old 17th July 2006, 16:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
I beg to differ I can cook better more authentic italian food than flavors and bog chill.. wanna try REAL AUTHENTIC italian food try Tonino;s on MG road...... BIG Chill and flavors are at best imitation indianized italian
Well, if thats true, the next meet is at your house, with you cooking ofcourse (and make it when im in delhi)! ... And I have never been to Tonino's, so hence the best italian food joint I found was Flavours and the Big Chill (the ambience counts too!). Ofcourse, they were the only italian joints I had been exposed to, and which fell within my budget as an outstation student!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
Albakes meat rolled in a roti/prantha .... the worst imitation lebaneese food you can have best shawarma's are at shalom
Ahhh... again, compared to this only other shady joint I had shawarmas in at Rajouri Garden, Albakes was much much better! More over, it has to be good considering the crowds it manages to rake in!

And like I say, to each his own.

Godspeed,

Alok

P.S. Arent we all going a wee bit offtopic here?! Tasty conversation, but offtopic none the less.
Old 17th July 2006, 17:25   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Naaaah, This is in the "Shifting gears" section. I guess the gear just shifted towards food. Nothing wrong with that.

I say, let's edit the name of this thread to "TBHP MEAT in New Delhi"

Moderators please help?
Old 17th July 2006, 17:31   #35
BHPian

Haha... that does not sound too good... "TBHP meat in Delhi". All the big meat you can meet in one place! Or, all the meat you can stuff yourself with!

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 17th July 2006, 19:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the moderators did change the name.

Not what i expected by well, atleast everyone's warned. Be careful. Off topic thread alert.
Old 17th July 2006, 21:02   #37
BHPian

Haha... I wonder which mod's doing this is...
Old 18th July 2006, 00:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm you are right about Tonino's, wctb have head a lot about it will go & check it out soon. And yes the Shawarma's are OK but then you get good Shawarma's at very few places in Delhi anyways.
Old 18th July 2006, 11:22   #39
BHPian

Kakori Wrap...... thats what Autopsyche was talking about.
Al Kauzer or AL Kuresh both are good.
Old 18th July 2006, 13:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Hmmm you are right about Tonino's, wctb have head a lot about it will go & check it out soon. And yes the Shawarma's are OK but then you get good Shawarma's at very few places in Delhi anyways.
toninos imports everything down to the flour from italy/us for the food they make the Shawarma's try them at shalom and at Geoffries
Old 18th July 2006, 22:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I ate at Geoffries at Ansal (is that the name). It was pretty good. I must try Toninos. However I am quite a regular at Shalom and i do believe they have really hot looking women visiting (love delhi's north indian gals, man!! wow!!, tall, big, beautiful, skin like a soft blend of cream and honey... oooh..)
but really crap food they try to pass off as medi cuisine. Also don't like the extra hyped up "oh we're so freaking exclusive" attitude.
Old 18th July 2006, 23:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Toninos is excellent, i celebrated my last bday there with my gf.. candle lit dinner et all, youll fall in love with the place, and of course good food too.
Old 19th July 2006, 00:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

My, my....such sweet pics. I especially liked the one with the gol-matol paaji and the center-shock uncleji....really cute.

Ok, if anybody's willing to sponsor the fuel, I'm all geared up for Dilli....do they serve vegetarian kebabs?
Old 19th July 2006, 01:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
My, my....such sweet pics. I especially liked the one with the gol-matol paaji and the center-shock uncleji....really cute.

Ok, if anybody's willing to sponsor the fuel, I'm all geared up for Dilli....do they serve vegetarian kebabs?
Hahhaha sponsor fuel... for veg kababs...

Hey Veyron, I get that I'm the gol-matol paaji... but who's center-shock uncleji? please please please...
Old 19th July 2006, 04:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hahhaha sponsor fuel... for veg kababs...
Exactly my thoughts Sacrilige!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hey Veyron, I get that I'm the gol-matol paaji... but who's center-shock uncleji? please please please...
Gunbir I suspect the Center Shock uncle ji is going to be our good old coitus master!!! You know what I mean right

Most Viewed