Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 01:32   #1
BHPian

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12

The Monsoon is here and I've been asked by many, where is this years Monsoon Drive.
Well I plan to do atleast one Monsoon drive every year, since 2007, if not two. And I do try to go to Malshej Ghat every year.

Here are some pics of the past drives that I've been to.

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-2007.jpg

This was 2007, when i visited Malshej Ghat with my family for the first time. And I instantly fell in love with the place.

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-2008.jpg

In 2008, I went back to Malshej, this time with a very close friend, Nikibusa. Few others couldn't make it.

In 2009, my family was again at Malshej, but this time without me, as I was away with my office team for a Picnic in Lonavala. My family was surprised to see me drive down from Lonavala to Malshej, An EPIC DRIVE in itself. No pics taken this year.

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-2010.jpg

2010 was my last Malshej Ghat drive in my Beloved Lancer. Sold it after this drive, result no Monsoon Drive in 2011.

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-2012.jpg

2012, They said the end is near. For me it was a beginning for a New Relationship. With what everyone calls the HOT SIZZLING BROWNIE. My first drive in my City iVtec.
You can follow the Thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...shej-ghat.html

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-2013.jpg

In 2013, we had to give Malshej Ghat a Miss, so we drove to Bhandhardara. This was another EPIC Drive.
You can follow the Thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...on-drives.html
EagleEye described The story of an EPIC drive --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pic-drive.html

Now that we gave Malshej Ghat a miss last year, I suggest we go there this year.
Date was already decided (27th July) with many of the Mumbai Members being already aware of it.
So hope you guys join in and start listing you names here. The final plans will be put up just a week before.

Regards,
SwapsZone.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th July 2014 at 09:45. Reason: Reformatting to avoid image duplication. Use "insert attachment" option instead of IMG tags. Thanks!
Old 10th July 2014, 06:35   #2
BHPian

Ready and waiting. With family.
Old 10th July 2014, 09:34   #3
BHPian

re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians! Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July 2014

I'm all game for this one! Just a few questions:
1. How are the roads till Malshej? It hasn't rained that much yet so I'm guessing the condition should be okay but an update would be nice!
2. Any suggestions for breakfast options there? Is there a place large enough to accommodate everyone?
Old 10th July 2014, 09:47   #4
BHPian

re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians! Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July 2014

Finally!!!

Im in. My better half would tag along if there are others with their spouses/famillies.

Cheers,
Vinay
Old 10th July 2014, 16:36   #5
BHPian

re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians! Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July 2014. Final Plan on p

Swap,

Could we look for some other place rather than Malshej. The place would be too crowded and the drive is not too exciting anyways.

VVB
Old 10th July 2014, 17:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians! Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July 2014. Final Plan on p

I am in for any drive, anywhere provided its on a weekend

Going to Panchgani this weekend after a gap of five years I guess. I have been to Malshej ghat just once and that time I had gone riding with a few friends. So this would be the first time I would be driving down.

Looking forward to more updates and confirmation on date and time.
Old 10th July 2014, 17:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Swap,

Could we look for some other place rather than Malshej. The place would be too crowded and the drive is not too exciting anyways.

VVB
I second VVB.
Got to know from multiple sources (including my parents who've been there) that food options are not good at all in Malshej.
Here are a few suggestions I have:
1. Nashik (Sula or some other Vineyard - just for the view, no alcohol! That area is fantastic during monsoon and the roads are good too)
2. Igatpuri
3. Dahanu

Let's get some more suggestions from other members and den float a poll to confirm the location!
Old 10th July 2014, 18:50   #8

Hey fellas...

Last weekend I went to kohlapur for a friend's wedding and visited Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar (couldn't resist ) and have to say - awesome drive...!!! since its the start of the off season the traffic was sparse (on a saturday...!!!)

Did the malshej section on 2 wheels on 1st and 2nd july and as per the feedback - road are better than last year.
Old 10th July 2014, 20:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Why dont we have a poll on the venue like we had for the December Mega Meet. Would help.
Old 11th July 2014, 05:36   #10
BHPian

Mumbai & Pune BHPians! Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July 2014

I really don't know why many are scared of going to Malshej Ghat. As I had mentioned I have mostly been there with my family, and have never faced any issues. The roads have improved, and the drive to the place is what matters. Unless people just want to do just a highway drive. That may not be a monsoon drive then, would be just like any other drive.
The reason I like to go to Malshej is because we can enjoy the monsoon to the fullest here. I will be coming along with my family, especially my 2 year old son, so I wouldn't want any issues on the drive myself. And I have been to Malshej almost every year since 2006. I would suggest everyone to have a look at the thread on my Malshej drive.
The drive upto the foothills of Malshej is very scenic, and once you start climbing the ghats you get to enjoy all the waterfalls there. If you are in a big group, it's a real fun. Plus there are places where we can do photo shoots without any fuss.
MTDC resort is an option, but it's mostly crowded. I have always been to Sushant Resort just after the end of the ghat section , which is beyond MTDC. Once we even decided to carry our own food and have a picnic around just next to the lake.
So if you guys anyways don't want to drive down to Malshej, please come up with more suggestions. Going to just Igatpuri/Nasik doesn't make any sense in terms of a Monsoon Drive. Here I would suggest to go a little further to Bhandardara, like we did last year. So please come up with suggestions if you guys really don't want to do Malshej.

Trust me, not doing Malshej means missing to enjoy the truly Monsoon Drive.

Last edited by swapszone : 11th July 2014 at 05:38.
Old 11th July 2014, 07:04   #11
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I think let's do Malshej this time.
Drunk rowdies with no traffic sense is a common phenomenon at all monsoon spots...especially on weekends. The trick is to start early, reach the spot before the crazy crowds arrive, enjoy in a fairly large group and sneak out of the place before it gets mad.

With police deployed at many such monsoon attractions, some semblance of discipline will remain and we should not be worried too much. Just be careful and have fun.
Old 11th July 2014, 12:53   #12
BHPian

I am in. I always wanted to be a part of a Team - BHP Drive, but i always saw the After Drive Pics thread. I really think a poll should be taken to finalize the location.
Old 11th July 2014, 14:28   #13
BHPian

How about Matheran ? The Ghat is tricky, but fun.
Old 11th July 2014, 15:24   #14
BHPian

I might join this drive. I'll be driving from Baner, pune.
Old 11th July 2014, 15:42   #15
BHPian

I want to join in. I will be joining from Pune. Any meeting point for folks from Pune?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks