Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2006, 18:12   #151
BHPian

Thanks Rajasekhar, I had i great time with all of you guys. Next meet we all should go for a long ride.
Old 5th December 2006, 20:48   #152
BHPian

Thanks to all BHPians

Hey
My special thanks to all of you, that was really great to meet you all, which brought me here to join this team.

I m having great time surfing in here.

Thank you.

I m looking forward to meet you all in near future...

Count me in.
Old 6th December 2006, 10:09   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Come on!!

Meet is over, there are no photos and no report? Just everyone saying "great meet, great meet"

Come on guys, this is an internet forum, we're all nosy parkers and want to know what happened, where you went and pictures.

Report please, someone
Old 6th December 2006, 10:59   #154
Senior - BHPian

Hi
Here are the pics i have from the meet.

The fleet:

TBHPians
L-R: Debasis, narasimha raju, Me (Satish), Catalyst, Sorry forgot the name, Taariq (Did i spell the name right?) Mobike008, Nosfreak, kkr2k2, Sorry forgot the name.

Some pics along with PUGs (Palio Users Group)

Last edited by satish_appasani : 6th December 2006 at 11:13.
Old 6th December 2006, 11:38   #155
BHPian

Was nice meeting all of you people...

Since no one has posted a report - I'll have a go at it - a quickie

The meeting had been scehduled for 4pm. Considering HLBT (Hyderabadi laid back time), I had planned my ETA at about 4:45pm. After a drive by of all the parking lots of KBR park, I decided to slip into the lot that had the largest group of vela people standing together. Being my first TBHP meet, I didn't know what to expect.There were half a dozen shiny Palios parked together and then a bunch of random assortment of four wheelers - which made me wonder whether I had come to the right meet. A quick introduction later, I realized it was a confluence of TBHP and PUG.

After a quick round of introductions, some time was invested in polite conversations while the PUGs were busy letching at each others' rides. The arrival of a few conspicious members was awaited - Nosfreak, mobike included. The moment a sporty 800 with WRC stickered on its rear windshield came racing into the lot, we knew it was NOSFreak. Mobike soon made his appearance in a shiny red Viva CRDi.

A plan for a group drive around the park was vetoed since it was understood that would result in us losing our parking spots and venue. Some members took of anyways, which left about 10 of us. This is about when we started to get to know each other - Mobike initiated an intro session where each member would talk about himself, his profession and his ride. The discussion further extended to why each member had chosen his ride what pros/cons had he discovered in his vehicle.

After this icebreaker session, we proceeded to the best session of the evening - the "My ICE is Better Than Yours" session.

We heard and experienced each system turn by turn. We had basic systems like in Sreenivas's Petra and we had neon lit road-shaking monsters like Taariq's Accent. Mobike and Satish showed us their "basic Rs.30,000" systems (yeah rite - basic my a**), while the yellow Palio SE was decked out with 9 speakers. NOSFreak's bass tube deserves a special mention!

It was unanimously decided that we should plan our next meet at a dhaba, and the crowd dispersed by late evening.

I must stress here on the fact that the meeting was not extended to a daru / feast session because most members had not got permission from their bosses (read wives/girlfriends/fiance)!!!
Old 6th December 2006, 11:38   #156
Senior - BHPian

The biggest Hyderabad TBHP meet happened on last Saturday at KBR Park.

The members present were Rajasekhar(kkr2k2) - Hero Honda SS, Debasis - Baleno, Satish - Palio D, Narasimha raju - NHC, Ankur(Catalyst ) - Lancer, Sudhakar(pingmepal) - Petra, Sreenivass - Petra, Avinash(Mobike02) - Accent Viva CRDI, Taariq (Torque4u) - Accent on Steroids, Naveen.kk(joined tbhp after the meet) - Palio S10, rao_battula - Palio 1.2 Sport, Aadix(happened to join only for 2 mins) - Old Sonata. Please add if i forgot anybody.

Incidentally, the Palio Users Group also choose the same venue and time for their meet. It was nice to meet all those guys. When i reached the venue, most of the members were already there. By the time everybody arrived and finished our intros, it was around 5:30 PM. We had a small photo shoot along with PUGs. The PUGs wanted to go for a spin around the park. But TBHPians were skeptical to go because the parking space may be gone by the time we return back and so let the PUGs go ahead. Couple of them returned back but others left after the spin.

This was the first time we are meeting each other. Though i was part of every meet, i am meeting all the people present there for the first time. Then the big interview session started (Yes it looked like one) There were 3 rounds.

Round 1: Personal Intro and your automobile history
Everyone was standing in a circle and each taking turn to talk one after another.

Round 2: Why you choose your current car? Likes and dislike in the car and special incidents in the car.

Round 3: Ice demo of each car.

The whole process took a whole 2 hours. A special mention goes to Torque4u's modded Accent. Everybody was like wow when they heard to his ice and the engine roar.

After that everyone started leaving. It was a great meet as we could know in detail about each member and their cars.
Old 6th December 2006, 11:56   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
This was the first time we are meeting each other. Though i was part of every meet, i am meeting all the people present there for the first time. Then the big interview session started (Yes it looked like one) There were 3 rounds.
Satish, i think it was suggestion about these rounds of "interview" ..hope you guys are not cursing me for the same

Overall, a fantastic summary of our meet, we really had a great time and everybody was so enthusiastic. I wanted to leave at 6:30pm/7pm as had another engagement but just didnt feel like leaving and finally left the meet at 8:15pm...which i hope says more than " it was a nice meet"

Next time, guys lets meet during day time and try to capture all cars and owners with a wide lens, if possible

Thanks to everyone for showing the enthu..lets keep doing this often and make it bigger and better each time

Cheers
Avinash
Old 6th December 2006, 12:35   #158
BHPian

Thanks Satish Anna for the brief, sharing the photos and the appreciation guys. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are so many people in Hyderabad who share the same passion for cars as I do.

Kudos to the people behind such a wonderful idea. Hope to keep this going. Am already waiting excitedly for the next meet. Hope to see a bigger crowd this time around

Tarique

Last edited by torque4u : 6th December 2006 at 12:49.
Old 6th December 2006, 13:11   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Just posted a trip plan on the Dec 10th meet thread. Do let me know your views guys
Old 6th December 2006, 14:25   #160
BHPian

Very good meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque4u View Post
Thanks Satish Anna for the brief, sharing the photos and the appreciation guys. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are so many people in Hyderabad who share the same passion for cars as I do.

Kudos to the people behind such a wonderful idea. Hope to keep this going. Am already waiting excitedly for the next meet. Hope to see a bigger crowd this time around

Tarique
It was a good group of different age groups and lot of common (quite a few music junkies, no offense meant), safety conscious people, ...

It was interesting to find two people with entirely different opinion about Baleno's rear. One gentleman said I love the hind looks of Baleno, the other one saying a couple of hours later Baleno's rear looks are not impressive.

I am still wondering if Taariq's car costs more or his audio system. On the lighter side, I'd never drive behind Taariq's car ever lest my ears would go deaf. I have to think about driving behind avinash, he comes close, not to the extent of making me deaf yet.
Old 6th December 2006, 17:48   #161
BHPian

Was there too

Quote:
[SIZE=2]The members present were Rajasekhar(kkr2k2) - Hero Honda SS, Debasis - Baleno, Satish - Palio D, Narasimha raju - NHC, Ankur(Catalyst ) - Lancer, Sudhakar(pingmepal) - Petra, Sreenivass - Petra, Avinash(Mobike02) - Accent Viva CRDI, Taariq (Torque4u) - Accent on Steroids, Naveen.kk(joined tbhp after the meet) - Palio S10, rao_battula - Palio 1.2 Sport, Aadix(happened to join only for 2 mins) - Old Sonata. Please add if i forgot anybody.[/SIZE]
Hey Satish, I was there too in my Baleno(partially visible in one of the group pics and the first one after the palios in the cars pic), although, I did not stay for long. Left around 6 pm.

I feel bad missing out on the interview session. Not sure if I can make it for the meet on the 10th.

Have fun,
Dwarak
Old 6th December 2006, 21:19   #162
BHPian

Katalyst : thanks for appreciating the bass tube , i hope its u typing that .

@satish_appasani: i was in too..... thanks for the pictures
Old 7th December 2006, 11:42   #163
BHPian

Them meet was really excited as briefed by all BHPians....

jus bcoz of them am i nebie here now...

I was the part of PUG.

Planed to reach that place at 4pm and leave at 6:30 PM...

I had to atted a party at7PM with a girl....

I left that behind...
I was so damn irresistable looking at guys with such a gr8 passion like that...

I couldnt place my self in that crowd....

no matter m a the last...

I m proud to say that i m Team-BHP...

looking forward to become a BHPian.....

Safe Driving Guru's.....

Regards,
KK
Old 7th December 2006, 15:40   #164
Senior - BHPian

Full report of the hyderabad meet decmber 2006

here i am with my computer back in service, writing a full report on the meet. when i say full report its going to be a long one. get an extra bag of chips.

yo!!!, that was a big meet.

how many were there?, i dint count but around 15 i guess, debasis, you have took a snap no, count and tell how many. by the way add yourself in the count as well.

Let me give a write-up of the event.

At around 12:30 in the afternoon, i posted my last post before the meet.

At 3:00 pm i sent a sms to few people that i am starting from my place in himayathnagar and will be there by 4:00 pm, why 1 hour?? well i was riding 'the old indian workhorse', cd100 ss. Also wanted to make sure the venue is not mis-understood, as there was lot of confusion as to which parking lot at the KBR.

I reached at 3:55pm, there were two brand new vernas in the parking lot, was wondering whos cars are those, then looked around i was opposite to the hyundai showroom.

(4:05pm) Next person to come was sreenivas with his son,(sorry for this kid, he was so bored, sreenivas had to drop him back at home).

We introduced each other, talked about my cd100ss, professions, his petra(2 yrs and only 11,000km on his odo) but a meaty 100 horses under its bonnet. (I didnt know earlier, petras and palios with the 1.6 engines, were having 100 on the car to indicate the 100hp).

Incidentally there was a PUG meet happening in the same place, even for them there was a confusion about which parking lot they were to meet, (man, there is something wrong with the kbr), few of the bhpians already
knew about PUG meet including me, but i thought PUG meant Pugoet!!, was
expecting to see few Pugeots, but got to know its palio user group. )
The first member of PUG appeared there ofcourse with his palio. then came few others from pug, including one of the bhpians(buleteer) who is also a pug guy.

Around 4:30 aadix came onto meet us, this chap had to leave off early but made a special request to me to remind satish that he has come (satish can divulg mor on this affair)

Around 4:45 there was pingmepal. as there was a slight confusion about
the location, we all(including PUG guys) moved to find out whether there are others in other parking lot. There the people started comming in. Almost every bhpian had my number, so they were calling me to identify the location.

It was kind of united PUG and bhpian meet for sometime. later pugs went out for a spin and to home. But one of the PUG guys (naveen, now a joined tbhp) was interested in tbhp, so he stayed back till last(8:40pm). he was wondering that we have some regulations in the forum, mobike came in to say we maintain quality....., thats when me too added some points on tbhp regulations. some one didnt like the 50 posts requirement to put on the pics, but i said it should be increased to 100, that would make sure only the serious people would remain and space could be saved. (anyways, thats a different argument).

In the mean time, we were comenting on the cars which were coming one
after the other. For the bhpians it was a lancer which came first with katalyst as the co-driver driven by a lady companion(she also browses this forum on the same id as that of katalyst's, so guys becareful ), she happens to be the only girl in the meet, but she made it a point to prove that bhp meets at hyderabad are not just a guys thing.

Then came Satish 'anna' in his red palio, one of them noted why his side panels look different than the rest of the body.(satish later mentioned about the accident on the same day when he fitted his 'basic' ice ...)
Satish was a kind of also participated in the PUGs meet, so was seeing the other PUG cars.

Then came dwarak in his baleno, yeah, the official commentin started with his arrival on the baleno, some one said the rear is yuk, while i said i liked the rear part(because of the flat cut) except the tail lights.

Then a M800 came into the parking lot with Citreon on the sides and WRC on the rear wind sheild, i commented that this car is eligible for the weird and wacky modded cars thread as "citreon wrc indian model !!". at the same time katalyst recoginsed and said that this one is a bhpian none other than the nosfreak.

Then a cool looking red accent viva crdi came in and parked at the extreme end of the parking lot, its the mobike.

Then came the car of the meet, its the tariq's accent. again i was commenting on this modded car, i got a call from tariq asking whether these bunch is the team bhp guys, he found me behind his car and took the car in the reverse gear, did it rock ??? yeah, i thought this guy doesnt require an ICE. what an exhaust note it has.

Then the intro part was initiated and as usual i took the lead, followed by
katalyst and then his co-driver, and so on,....
Then the travelouges and driving experiences shared by everyone, in the mean while i went to get my bike which was parked in the other parking lot. So kind of missed few points here.
mobike has an extensive experience in driving and also his trips, i kind of liked his way of telling his stories. also Satish had lot to tell.
As everyone was sharing and standing in a circle, I felt this was like an interview, i asked satish "is it how the earlier meets were, like an interview??", satish is a smart guy he didnt answer it loudly, just nodded his head, i didnt understand what he meant....

{Even though i was just an initiator, i felt Satish(captain) is the right person to lead the pack. and mobike(vice-captain) as well.
with naveen and nosfreak like sachin and shewag in the team !!!.
dhoni ??? .......... = tariq??? }

Then naveen joined us after a spin with PUG. he did his intro and how he hit a wild boar with his cbz doing 100 without the light (rang-de-basanthi)
satish also joined him saying he too did that but do not advice others trying that, mobike commented whether you guys got inspiration from rang-de-bsanthi movie. satish quipped saying nope, he did that 6 years ago. And me with a dumb face asked "why would anyone drive without lights in the night".... got an answer as the thrill factor!!!... my god.

Then we went on to check out the ICEs of all vehicles except mine... why???.... hahaa), its a cd100ss.....
we checked satish's , mobike's, naveen's, nosfreak, sreenivas', ... and mother of all ICEs at the meet - tariq (you can see in the pics)
Even though there were ek-se-badkar-ek ICEs, I personally felt Naveen's S-10 was the best in the acoustics department and also nosfreak's(with his home production music) oh!!! did i say this guy is a professional DJ. After seeing nosfreak's bass tube, i decided to go for a bass tube in my indica.
But katalyst was a bit shy, didnt wanted to show his ICE in his lancer, i dont know why. even couldnt see debasis' ICE.
Meanwhile, aadix came in for just a couple of mins in his black sonata, satish joked saying "can you imagine the age of the person comming out of that sonata" (refering to aadix as a kid, i suppose).

Afterwards satish, mobike, katalyst with his co-driver left the scene. dwarak has already left the place by 6:00pm. Even i thought of leaving at 5:30pm and be back in two hours so that we can have dinner and 'spirit'ual party, but nobody seems to have any interest.
{" sam bhai, ur presence was very much felt over here.... may be you could have given us some gyan on how to have a complete bhp-meet..."}.

As a saving grace, debasis chaterji, called for a coffee or tea break at around 8:00pm, so debasis, sreenivas, myself, nosfreak and his friend and total seven of us stayed back for some more gyan sharing.
Nosfreak saying he organise the drag races in secluded roads and in and around gachibowli, while i propsed for a india NHRA, and start the HOTRODDING thing here in hyderabad. Well I had to explain what the hotrodding meant to all others.
There were some light moments when the age thing came up in the talk. As debasis happens to be the eldest, he is charged up to hang around with young blood, so charged up ... he decided to pay the bill (though a not a big bill) partly shared by sreenivas, even though we were ready to pay ....
Finally at around 8:40 pm we all left the place, it was very cold out (probably because of the park), me leaving the place cribbing "poor me" on my bike. luckily after i crossed KBR, it wasnt that cold.

Thats it folks, kkr2k2 for t-bhp for hyderabad meet december 2006. Have fun.

Few pictures:
1. introductions and other rounds.
<image removed as per PM. Please contact mods to replace it>

2. satish's basic ice.

3. satish's ice with dash.

4. nosfreak's basstube (after seeing this in a M800, i thought it would be ok to have one in my indica)

car of the meet.
5. its the tariq's accent.

6. rear spoiler.

7. rear spoiler with rear bumper

8. front bumper and a dummy air scoop.

9. tariq's boom box (it has only 2 woofers not 4, the other two are just a mirror reflection)

10. another view

11. special effects

12. interiors (sporty steering wheel, foot pegs, gear lever and what a bombastic tachometer)

13. spark plug coils

14. massive airfilter

15. all eyes on tariq's car.

some videos as well.

1. tariq's boom box in action

2. disco on wheels !!

3. all around the car.
<image removed as per PM. Please contact mods if you have a copy of the original image so it can be put here>

4. some light on the interiors
<image removed as per PM. Please contact mods if you have a copy of the original image so it can be put here>

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 09:56.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:45   #165
BHPian

No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post

I had to atted a party at7PM with a girl....

I left that behind...
I
no worries Naveen gals come and go, palio stays...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks