Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 21:18   #31
BHPian

I made to that spot around 6:30, i guess the everyone had dispatched by then. Regret having not been able to make it earlier. We should all catch up for drives.
Old 7th August 2014, 21:48   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore Meet: VCDS tweaks for VW & Skoda cars

Excellent!

Not everyone's so kind to lend their 350$ VCDS cable to others for a 10-minute job. I am glad Robi took time out of his schedule and helped others. I've seen such VCDS meet threads on some of the forums abroad; good initiative I say. You can make many new friends as well.

Good stuff guys.
Old 7th August 2014, 22:01   #33
BHPian

Great meet guys,

Can one of you share a link for the puchase of VCDS cable?

And any of the generous Mumbaikars in a mood to meet up and lend me the cable. 😁

Cheers
Sid
Old 7th August 2014, 22:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanasu View Post
Appreciate Robbie for taking his time out of his busy schedule. His TSI can keep us drooling for hours. And also to Suraj for organizing it.

Next time we all meet, we should do short drive with our cars going in a line

Thanks Vikram for the pics.
Wait till you see his 'Other' car
Old 7th August 2014, 22:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Excellent!

Not everyone's so kind to lend their 350$ VCDS cable to others for a 10-minute job. I am glad Robi took time out of his schedule and helped others. I've seen such VCDS meet threads on some of the forums abroad; good initiative I say. You can make many new friends as well.

Good stuff guys.
Before starting to the meeting place, I had this something looping in my mind. Will that person be kind enough to work on my car and enable those VCDS tweaks? and that too all these things for FREE?
Will he spend time for my car even in his busy schedule? Will he talk nice to me or will he recognize me just by a forum post? what if he avoids me?

He proved me wrong. Man I got to tell everyone that he was such a simple and humble person. He just arrived in his famous GT TSI greeted everyone and without wasting any minute straight away started to work on the cars which had come there for those VCDS tweaks.

He patiently worked on all 10 cars twice not just once

Thank you Robbie!!

Last edited by CRV2010 : 7th August 2014 at 22:45.
Old 8th August 2014, 01:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. It was my pleasure meeting all of you and being able to do a few tweaks in your rides.
I was a bit disappointed that the needle sweep was not working initially but glad that it eventually worked in almost all the cars. Its just a gimmick but gives a psychological bhp bump.
Thanks to Suraj for coordinating the entire thing. Lets do a drive next time we meet up.
I will figure out if there is anything more that can be done/activated.

Cheers!
Old 8th August 2014, 03:08   #37
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore Meet: VCDS tweaks for VW & Skoda cars

Great initiative guys. Some of the most beautiful cars on Bangalore roads became some of the coolest as well. Good to see a meet 'with a purpose'.

VW truly is becoming the enthusiast's brand to go for, not only in terms of cars, but the fanclub as well.

@Robi: No words. Hats off!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th August 2014 at 03:10.
Old 8th August 2014, 09:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Thanks a lot guys.... Lets do a drive next time we meet up.
Robi thanks a tonne appreciate you taking out the time for us!

Look forward to the next meet...and the drive!
Old 8th August 2014, 14:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys. It was my pleasure meeting all of you and being able to do a few tweaks in your rides.
I was a bit disappointed that the needle sweep was not working initially but glad that it eventually worked in almost all the cars. Its just a gimmick but gives a psychological bhp bump.
Thanks to Suraj for coordinating the entire thing. Lets do a drive next time we meet up.
I will figure out if there is anything more that can be done/activated.

Cheers!
Hey Robbie-

any specific tweak to make it successful? i am not able to do this - may be i am missing your trick

Also, could you send me autoscan of a Vento tdi if you have any in your system which was able to get the needle swap?
Old 8th August 2014, 14:44   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

- Finally, the VCDS BHPians.

Attachment 1271691

Attachment 1271692

Thank you all. Drive Safe.
Hey can someone pls. add names to the above photos. From the 2 snaps I could recognize only Robbie and Prashant (Speed_kills). Rest are new faces I think. Please add names left to right. Thanks guys.
Old 8th August 2014, 15:56   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup adding names to the picture would help everyone remember the names/handles. I am in the middle (green check shirt) and to my left the two guys in white tees are my friends Ashok(drives a GT Tsi with some mods) and Mohan(140bhp Rapid with Bilstein). They are not bhpians (been trying to join but not getting through).
The guy to my right is Suraj who did the entire planning and coordination for the meet. The guy in the blue tee is speed_kills(prashant) who drives the sweet 1.6 Polo. Maybe the others can tag themselves as well.

NewtonMeter, unfortunately I am out on my way to Ladakh and I am not carrying the laptop. But I did save a log in someones laptop (guess Job), maybe he can mail it across to you. Otherwise I have CRV2010s Vento log in my laptop which I can mail to you once I am back.
Old 8th August 2014, 17:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Hey can someone pls. add names to the above photos.
Quote:

I am in the middle (green check shirt) and to my left the two guys in white tees are my friends Ashok(drives a GT Tsi with some mods) and Mohan(140bhp Rapid with Bilstein). They are not bhpians (been trying to join but not getting through).
The guy to my right is Suraj who did the entire planning and coordination for the meet. The guy in the blue tee is speed_kills(prashant) who drives the sweet 1.6 Polo.
I am really bad with names guys, especially if I need to recollect them after only a single meet.

But I will give it my shot and take it from where Robbie left of:

1st Set:

Bangalore Meet: VCDS tweaks for VW & Skoda cars-dsc_2173.jpg

L to R - Me
(Vikram), manjubp, Kanasu, psuraj, robimahanta, Ashok, Mohan, Sandeep and Prashanth to the extreme right.

I can't remember the Bhpian standing to the left of Prashanth. Sorry dude, please identify yourself.

2nd Set:

Bangalore Meet: VCDS tweaks for VW & Skoda cars-dsc_2172.jpg

L to R - Same set, except I was behind the cam this time and in my place is CRV2010.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th August 2014 at 17:44.
Old 9th August 2014, 10:43   #43
BANNED

hey guys,

it would be really cool if one of you put a list here of the comprehensive/complete list of upgrades/teaks carried out on the cars during the meet. It would then be really simple for others to refer to the list to know whats features can be activated in their cars.

Thanks.
Old 11th August 2014, 12:51   #44
BHPian

This is awesome. Its really a great initiative, that progresses the community on the whole. Really good work @robimahanta. I am a big fan of your car, and most definitely a bigger fan of you as a person. My brother is getting delivery of his new GT TSI soon, and I cant wait to start modding his car. Will need some information from your end, hope you can help.
Old 11th August 2014, 20:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hey guys,

it would be really cool if one of you put a list here of the comprehensive/complete list of upgrades/teaks carried out on the cars during the meet. It would then be really simple for others to refer to the list to know whats features can be activated in their cars.

Thanks.
Yes +1 to that. Even before the thought of getting it done or not, would be interesting to know what took place. Way to go you guys, I have gone through Robbie''s ownership thread and that car can roar.

-Santosh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks