Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2006, 19:50   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
11 cars,over a 1000 bhp, 18 members..Finally the bangy drive to nandi hills happens!!

As Rtech pointed out in the thread prior to this after 1 month , 207 posts this meet finally happened .. Maybe im the lucky guy who was able to make it to this awesome drive , and didnt miss out on it had it been last weekend ..

That said woke up at about 6am gave memo a call and found out that he and motopsycho were getting ready and would be on time .. Next call to jay and he said he would be on time too .. Another call to v1p3r to figure out if he has a ride into town .. Then begins the saga .. Atleast 30 calls to one Mr.Psycho who was peacefully catching his 40 winks hardly realising that we had a meet going on .. After all the tries from all the way from 6:30 finally managed to wake him up at say 7:45 ?? Got a call from memo that everyone had arrived and they would be heading off onto the hebbal flyover .. Sat and cleaned my car , got ready and headed off hoping that psycho would reach before the traffic begins to go bonkers ...

Meet up with the rest of the gang at the petrol pump near sahakarnagar , one could see the stares of the passerbys looking at such a huge line up of cars on the side road .. Very soon we were asked to leave as CM was on his way that side .. A few kms further down the road we decided to pull over and wait for psycho .. All the intros happened while a few cops were still gazing at all the cars and wondering what was happening ?? Finally about 20 mins after i arrived came a white esteem with our man existing out as if someone had run over a steam roller and had woken him up ... A few minutes later we all head out in search of coffee .. Another photo session happens and loads of car talk while Mr.Tuner (ok should i be saying hobbiest instead ??) decides to lower the compression on his esteem .. Hit up to the railway gate and on seeing it close two cars a white palio and a sienna head back .. Dont exactly know who was driving them but we later figured out that they had come all the way just to meet us ..

Hit the highway and all that everyone were staring at was a diesel elantra with petes just cruising at 170+ and seemed very effortlessly at that .. Managed to stay behing this car and i must say it handles beautifully and moves like a rocket too .. After seeing her move today im not quite surprised it took the honours on kari at the last trackday .. Head off onto the nandi hills turn wait for everyone to turn up and then its every mans dream driving uphill .. Some really empty roads saw some spirited driving from almost all .. First in was psycho stock esteem .. All other cars had to push a little to catch up with him .. Soon memo found his way past the esteem and so did I .. Drove down only a few kms just to see in my rear view the elantra with tadukottan and v1p3r breathing down on us .. Let them through and followed them with memo leading the way ..

Finally the hill climb begun with the elantra leading the way , seeing the way it took the first few corners i must say was damn impressed .. And v1p3r must be calculating his odds of owning one in the meantime too .. Soon we see the elantra slow down and let both the balenos thru .. Well a few of us were very keen to see how the suspension work on memo's car would handle .. The climb went on extremely well and the two balenos finished the climb in slightly less than 5 mins (anyone knows how long was the climb??) About 10 secs later the elantra came schorching past , then came psycho's esteem , gray's swift , freakrz's siwft , tcx's swift , drc's sienna , wolf's VTEC and superunknow's e-zen (after having gotten lost apparently) .. And throughout the climb we just cam across a single motorbike coming downhill .. Then we all had a good laugh listening to v1p3r's jokes and comments .. The next 20 mins went in trying to get psycho's esteem back into shape which by now had begun to overheat as it ran out of coolant .. Then all the cars headed off to the park , and all of us sat down at the hotel ordering food and plenty of beers ..

As usual it was car talk and much more , also we got to see v1p3r jumping tables just to grab hold of something (or should i be saying everything ??) to eat .. I must say that the talks were filled with fun and we were entertained for quite sometime by our TBHP laughter challenge competitors .. After seeing the tippu drop , wondering how parasailing would be in these heavy crosswinds , watching out for monkeys everywhere (did i forget to mention that we got to see 5.5 + feet monkeys too as we got up ?? ) the journey back down began .. Soon we figure out that gray , nos , wolf had found a good scenic spot for a photo session , but one Mr.Psycho just didnt pay heed to all the yells and later the abuses and ended up at the bottom of the hill by the time we actually got back into our cars .. Just a few minutes before this M516 joined us after apparantly searching for us for more than an hour , and trying to contact v1p3r whose cell is as cool as himself ..

Now i sit shotgun with jay whose driving my car and figure out that psycho was waiting for us at the bottom.. Yet another stop , and more talk and talk .. Decide to try out our hands at the go-karting track at mysore road and start off .. On our way figure out again that psychos car was giving problems .. As we were on the way down a scooterist rides upto me and asks " Yen saar , race aaa ?? " (What sir , some kind of a race is it??) looking at the convoy of cars .. Said its just a drive and we headed off to help psycho .. While gray and wolf leave , v1p3r whose almost a couple of kms in front was called back as memo's car had all the tool kits in it .. Amongst talks v1p3r said something about a car having a rocket engine ?? and hence may need time to warm up ... And everyone burst out laughing .. Withing a short while we were back on the roads burning rubber ..

All of us halted at hebbal flyover yet again and everyone headed their ways .. Tadukottan , memo , motopsycho , v1p3r , vtec kicass and myself headed to The Oberoi to watch the qualifying but they werent screening it , went to TGIF and figured out that the screen would go on only after it would get dark , so seeing no point all of us parted ways and headed back home .. I went to the garage , just to find psycho SLEEPING yet again in his esteem itself .. A couple of wake up signs and figuring out it was of no avail , headed back home ..

Anyways here the report ends , for those who actually managed to get this far without dozing off , im sure the pics will do more justice to the kind of fun we had .. So all those guys who were zooming and going click click with their digicams , pls post up the pics asap ..

And it was nice meeting up with tadukottan , freakerz , TCX , DRC , gray , wolf , anush , extreme_nos , shravan , jay , superunknown , M516 , greatdrive (who recognized us on his way back from nandi hills with his family) , motopsycho , v1p3r (hardly get to see him these days) , memo , psycho and the others .. Until the next meet or the drive then .. Mclaren signing off ..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 29th July 2006 at 20:03.
Old 29th July 2006, 20:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

emmm, whens a thing like this gonna happen here? Teh last time we met ( and the first), it was 10cars? ). Good one MCL.

oh and, its Elantra for me.

edit: MCL the pix pls!

Last edited by jkdas : 29th July 2006 at 20:22.
Old 29th July 2006, 21:42   #3
BHPian

Thats an awsome report mclaren....we just drove back home right after you left form the hebbal flyover.......i would say this is one of the best team-bhp meets in bangalore...i feel sorry for all those who could nt make it....waiting for the pics to be posted....
Old 29th July 2006, 22:24   #4
BANNED

Highlights of the day in short :

1. v1p3r turns up EARLY for ONCE .. Actually was one of the first few to arrive ..

2. The superb handling rocket know as the elantra with the petes box .. Literally blew almost everything on road ..

3. Memo's suspension work keeping the baleno planted to the ground .. Was fun watching it ..

4. My babes skinny legs (more by v1p3r on that i guess) ..

5. Figure out psycho's cell phone/mp3 player/camera visits the dustbin ..

6. v1p3r's jokes and attempts to get hold of memo's car keys ..

7. Too bad that it started to drizzle , go-karting would have been serious fun ..

Lessons learnt :

1. Not to keep postponing dates likes this ..

2. Make sure that v1p3r shifts his house further into town so that he will be early to all the meets .. Right now airport road from whitefields seems better ..

3. Never rely on psycho's words that he will wake up on time .. Better to be standing over by his throat with a water jug handy .. Just kidding ..

4. Make sure no members leaves in between .. Everything else can wait ..

5. Never mess around with any car thinking " aa its just a diesel anyway" !!!!

6. Carry plenty of cameras ..
Old 29th July 2006, 22:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.[/b]
Havent you managed to read that section so far, Rahul?

Interesting...that Elantra. What was it on other than Pete's box? Grass in a NoS bottle?
Old 29th July 2006, 22:51   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Havent you managed to read that section so far, Rahul?

Interesting...that Elantra. What was it on other than Pete's box? Grass in a NoS bottle?
more than a year on the forum and yes i do know the rules .. However like i said lenghty reports got to be given some allowance for extra smilies or it would look too bland with just paras and paras of letters (and i did put up a word about this to a few mods long back)..

Well that elantra was more than interesting .. Was set to stage 1 on the pete's box and thats about it i guess, no grass no NOS .. Did hear psycho talking about the advanced stages , still wondering what that could do to this car .. Initially when i heard that a elantra done up by peter actually topped the timings at the kari speedway found it hard to believe but now can figure out how and why ..
Old 29th July 2006, 23:04   #7
BHPian

Thank you so much mclaren and others for organizing the drive. Was so much fun.

And some pics, although I dont have too many. Was busy driving that Elantra...

That's most of us.

And some of the cars.

And some more assorted snaps -

Will send in more images later...
Old 29th July 2006, 23:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan
Thank you so much mclaren and others for organizing the drive. Was so much fun.

And some pics, although I dont have too many. Was busy driving that Elantra... ...
Name the criminals in those mugshots. Who's the chick in shorts?
Old 29th July 2006, 23:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good review,man.
Quote:
4. My babes skinny legs (more by v1p3r on that i guess) ..
U're still running on those 165s??
Even after the 'multi-shot,direct port NOS' fitted?

Last edited by nitrous : 29th July 2006 at 23:23.
Old 29th July 2006, 23:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Name the criminals in those mugshots. Who's the chick in shorts?
That "chick" in shorts is sure gonna love you for this one... :-)

And I am seriously bad with remembering names, so I would not hazard guesses here.

Where are the oldies, why dont you guys try naming all the folks here?
Old 29th July 2006, 23:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Next time Mclaren tries to organise a meet, you bangy boys shuddnt let him bring his car if its still on those 165's, or hell surely kill himself, especially with that extra NOS en all.
Old 30th July 2006, 00:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Chick in shorts, eh? I think I'll pop down to my bank now...

What's in the Elantra? No, you don't need NOS. Mallu + lots of torque. You know the story...
Old 30th July 2006, 00:36   #13
BHPian

mclaren is not going to get the nos kit till he upgrades the rubber......... the drive was super fun.......... nice meeting members of the forum............ am looking to catch up on an other drive sometime in the next month or so so guys ples look forward to hop in.............
Old 30th July 2006, 00:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
No, you don't need NOS. Mallu + lots of torque. You know the story...
Yeah I know: Trivandrum-Cochin non-stop 'Terraplane' of the early 80s. Anyone remember those? Probably the first time a state transport service was banned by court order.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th July 2006 at 00:56.
Old 30th July 2006, 01:38   #15
Team-BHP Support

You mean they were worse than the LS rockets which regularly do Calicut-Mukkam.
Interestingly, mallu bus was the first vehicle in which I saw the speedo needle go beyond its markings. Its another matter it was on a downhill road, so the extra assistance to the turbo, and there were no glass windows otherwise the vibrations would have shattered them all .

Most Viewed