1. RSudarsanan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
5. Hserus from chennai possible +3 - amaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Confirmed:

13. Thumping Soul + 2 + 1 Infant
Question - who else besides Thumping Soul is bringing small children? Raaj KS? Hserus?

Thumping soul - how old is your child? You mentioned infant - just wanted to confirm!

I am still trying to reschedule some office work away from the weekend, and may be able to join along with my 3.5 year old son.

If he has some company, I would be much more interested since he will get busy with the other little ones!
Old 1st January 2015, 16:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: A New Year Drive! Team-BHP meet @ Chittoor, AP. 4th Jan, 2015

my kids are young. Middle school and pre school age

Last edited by hserus : 1st January 2015 at 16:27.
Old 1st January 2015, 18:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Question - who else besides Thumping Soul is bringing small children? Raaj KS? Hserus?

Thumping soul - how old is your child? You mentioned infant - just wanted to confirm!

I am still trying to reschedule some office work away from the weekend, and may be able to join along with my 3.5 year old son.

If he has some company, I would be much more interested since he will get busy with the other little ones!
a. Raaj KS always brings his two boys, the second more or less the same age as your little chap.

b. our hopes for a wet and wild (just kidding) water frolic have been dashed.

Alas, a huge Jain family get together have booked the water park entirely to themselves 3rd & 4th Jan

c. consequently, only restaurant/bar services are on offer.

In order that lunch is streamlined, a buffet has been arranged @ Rs. 400/- per head subject to a minimum of 30 persons. Should we fall short of 30, then the per head charges would increase proportionately.

Hotel terms and conditions apply:

Quote:

Guarantee Number:

A final count of the attendance of any function must be received 72 hour in advance of the function date.

If the attendance falls below the guaranteed number, the customer will be charged for the guaranteed pax.

You will be billed for your guaranteed count or the actual number of guests, whichever is greater.

Cancellations

Any cancellation must be advised before 3 Days of the events

Booking cancelled (24-72) prior will be subject to a charge of 75% of the estimated total.

Any cancellations less than twenty four (24) hours or less will be billed for the entire amounts.

A non-refundable reservation fee is billed to the credit card used to guarantee the banquet reservation.

Unquote

Anyone disappointed with the turn of events and desirous of dropping out must intimate withdrawal by 6 pm on 02 Jan.,'15 - Regrets only.

Just so that we have a final confirmed list on hand, thanks.

Cheers
Old 1st January 2015, 19:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

My son is 1yr & 4months. So, your son definitely would have company.
Old 1st January 2015, 21:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

If the water park is booked and we are going to drive all the way to Chittoor just to have a meal I would suggest we find an alternative location of some kind for this trip

My kids agreed to the drive because of the water park and other amusement facilities - i am sure there are far better restaurants in chennai and bangalore if all we want to do is get lunch.

What do you suggest? We could find some sort of picnic spot midway between blr and chennai and bring our own food. (coordinate first of course so we don't end up with all starters etc)
Old 1st January 2015, 22:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
If the water park is booked and we are going to drive all the way to Chittoor just to have a meal I would suggest we find an alternative location of some kind for this trip

My kids agreed to the drive because of the water park and other amusement facilities - i am sure there are far better restaurants in chennai and bangalore if all we want to do is get lunch.

What do you suggest? We could find some sort of picnic spot midway between blr and chennai and bring our own food. (coordinate first of course so we don't end up with all starters etc)
Let me hasten to put it in perspective that the destination is only an excuse for the drive and the camaraderie amongst us over a meal/activity that follows

That said, have to confess, we are a drive crazy bunch (10 cars) that has traversed 350 kms one way, in peak summer, to meet Hyd bhpians (20 cars) for a Rayalseema lunch in Kurnool.

Unfortunately the water park is booked out. Chittoor is midway and Bans is the only decent place on this stretch. Ambur is the other midway on the alternate route but has nothing similar to match.

Picnic co-ordination time too short to scout a suitable site with wash and restroom comforts for family. Potlucking for a large group is also a challenge.

Having run out of options, sticking to current plan minus water park.
Old 1st January 2015, 22:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well then please make it hserus plus zero is all I can say my kids have other plans for Sunday I expect, and while I like driving, my kids expect something other than a tbhp meet up at the end of the drive.

Note - the last chennai tbhp meet up ended up with tiffin at adyar ananda bhavan in mahabs, as the originally picked restaurant wasn't open for breakfast.
Old 1st January 2015, 23:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Well then please make it hserus plus zero is all I can say
Unavoidable last minute hiccup!

Please do join us with family for one of the overnighters!

The drive should still be great.

Glad you are joining us for this one!
Old 2nd January 2015, 07:44   #26

Updating the list....
Confirmed:

A. Bangalore

1. RSudarsanan
2. Abirnale (Riding)
3. SunnyBoi - s10/ZMA
4. pradyblr + 1
5. Diesel_convert + 1 gtx / rapid
6. Raaj KS + 1 + 0.5 + 0.25 (TBD)
7. Muralidhar Rao + 1 - i20
8. tilt + 1 - i20
9. Akshay S - (abirnale pillion!..... just kidding) Fiesta sport
10. Goandude + 1 Ninja 650
11. KiloAlpha - Ford Figo Tortoise
12. datvichrox2 + 1 - THAR Crde
13. Thumping Soul + 2 + 1 Infant
14. Mohit - Classic 350

B. Chennai

1. Hserus - Amaze
2. srinath.s + 1 - K10
Old 2nd January 2015, 08:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post

c. consequently, only restaurant/bar services are on offer.

In order that lunch is streamlined, a buffet has been arranged @ Rs. 400/- per head subject to a minimum of 30 persons. Should we fall short of 30, then the per head charges would increase proportionately.

Hotel terms and conditions apply:

Quote:

Guarantee Number:

A final count of the attendance of any function must be received 72 hour in advance of the function date.

If the attendance falls below the guaranteed number, the customer will be charged for the guaranteed pax.

You will be billed for your guaranteed count or the actual number of guests, whichever is greater.

Cancellations

Any cancellation must be advised before 3 Days of the events

Booking cancelled (24-72) prior will be subject to a charge of 75% of the estimated total.

Any cancellations less than twenty four (24) hours or less will be billed for the entire amounts.

A non-refundable reservation fee is billed to the credit card used to guarantee the banquet reservation.

Unquote

Anyone disappointed with the turn of events and desirous of dropping out must intimate withdrawal by 6 pm on 02 Jan.,'15 - Regrets only.

Just so that we have a final confirmed list on hand, thanks.

Cheers
Quote:
I would suggest we find an alternative location of some kind for this trip

At last count we seem to be in the region of 20+ heads so lunch would be that much more costly. I feel that in these drives/ rides we need not give any "guarantee" on the numbers, as they can change due to last minute hiccups. We need to get to a place that has parking, clean loos, place to relax and chat and hygienic food. A scenic location would be a bonus.

I suggest CCD just before the Lt turn (for Bangaloreans) at km 160 from our stating point which ticks all the boxes and has a HP pump attached. I haven't been to this CCD so anyone who has, could comment. The location is here https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...0ecf2b80fd0a96

Here we just order what you want, pay accordingly, and not have a huge bunch of people waiting in line at the buffet table. Of course it will not be an elaborate meal but it offers flexibility to everyone.
Old 2nd January 2015, 09:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

CCD is CCD. Standard levels of coffee and snacks, clean loos. Sounds like a better plan than a dodgy three star hotel buffet like bans. Thanks for the idea

Could also pick an a2b enroute if people prefer meals instead of rolls and puffs for lunch, eg bp ghar dhaba a2b near the krishnagiri toll plaza

Last edited by hserus : 2nd January 2015 at 09:38.
Old 2nd January 2015, 10:06   #29
BHPian

So what should I interfere, the drive is on or not.

@Phamilyman, I too may join as my 8 month old son is enjoying every bit of our long drives.
Still placing my self in the tentative list as of now.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 2nd January 2015, 10:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
*SNIP*
I suggest CCD just before the Lt turn (for Bangaloreans) at km 160 from our stating point which ticks all the boxes and has a HP pump attached. I haven't been to this CCD so anyone who has, could comment. The location is here https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...0ecf2b80fd0a96
*SNIP
Something's not right. The address of the CCD says Bangarupalayem, and yes, that one is attached to an HP station; but the pin on the map shows a different CCD just before Chittoor bypass and the Tirupati Left turn.

I am a regular at both those CCDs (the Bangarupalyam one on the way to Chennai and the map pinned one on the way back). The map pinned CCD is NOT attached to a fuel station at all, it is a standalone CCD; and it is a fair ways away from the HP CCD.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks