Low Bass Makers location (Post 2 of this thread) 22 44.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2006, 02:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
hey no thats not it..well crossing the nelson mandela road..take a left at the T point..then a right from the church road..its quite far inside..but its worth it..but yeah u wont find ANY signz of people around..so dont even think ull find a paan wala or place to buy pepsi around! ill jus get ya guys a screenshot frm google earth
So I just turn into church road and keep driving straight down for how many kms?

Dude this place sounds interesting... I think we have a strong contender for the next meet...
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

This will be my second Meet so have no frame of past reference ..

I think a BBQ can be pulled off .. but have we done a TBhp Meet with alcohol on Public Roads before .. doesn't seem like a smart thing to do .. esp. with so many people and cars involved .. and to mention the exceptional high alert cops are on aajkal ??

what say?
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Also all you Delhiites we might need some help now. The point is that the venue where we are meeting is not really suited for a Bar-be-que, so we are looking at a few alternates for the Bar-be-que (venue is still the same).
This is important ,guys for the location to have a Bar-be-que .....pour in ur opinions.
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:28   #64
Team-BHP Support

All you google earth chaps, mail me the .kml files. my email id is tanveer at tanveer dot in
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:29   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
This will be my second Meet so have no frame of past reference ..

I think a BBQ can be pulled off .. but have we done a TBhp Meet with alcohol on Public Roads before .. doesn't seem like a smart thing to do .. esp. with so many people and cars involved .. and to mention the exceptional high alert cops are on aajkal ??

what say?
alcohol on public roads? you better be kidding. this is not the kind of message we as the largest car forum need to be sending out. What next? Posts encouraging drunk driving!?

So alchohol will be after the drives as usual. If somebody has a farmhouse nearby it will be great, otherwise it will be some pub as usual.
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:37   #66
BHPian

my two cents. if we are willing to drive about 60 KM, I know an excellent place - Kuchesar. It is on the NH 24 (Ishan this is about 10 KMs from Hapur); the road, barring the last 10 KMs is execellent.
Kuchesar has a mud fort, which is a Neemrana group property. It has been converted into a resort. It has lotsa space for bar-be-que and they allow patrons to bring their own drinks.
If this interests you, I will provide more details.

\N
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
my two cents. if we are willing to drive about 60 KM, I know an excellent place - Kuchesar. It is on the NH 24 (Ishan this is about 10 KMs from Hapur); the road, barring the last 10 KMs is execellent.
Kuchesar has a mud fort, which is a Neemrana group property. It has been converted into a resort. It has lotsa space for bar-be-que and they allow patrons to bring their own drinks.
If this interests you, I will provide more details.
\N
NT - Been there already infact I pass it every week on my way to Delhi & back to Moradabad. I have seen the resort & its quite nice but the drive's gonna be very fast on NH-24 till it's four-laned & I am not so sure about that with so many drivers of varying skill among the mix. Secondly, many people won't turn up to drive that far & thirdly I don't think driving back after drinking on our highways is a really good idea.

Last edited by iraghava : 22nd August 2006 at 13:49.
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
alcohol on public roads? you better be kidding. this is not the kind of message we as the largest car forum need to be sending out. What next? Posts encouraging drunk driving!?
exactly my point. i discouraged the idea in the first place so the comment on posts encouraging drunk driving was kind of uncalled for.

anyways, there was some mention of BBQ accompanied by drinks .. but perhaps that was something you did on one of the previous meets .. so after the meet you guys want to go someplace totally diff and do the BBQ .. is that right ?

@ iraghava, aZA : like we went to pebble street last time ?

p.s. : btw, i have done BBQ on the roadside before with college friends .. dunno if that is illegal though .. so thats what i thought you were talking abt .. my apologies for misunderstanding
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So alchohol will be after the drives as usual. If somebody has a farmhouse nearby it will be great, otherwise it will be some pub as usual.
TSK - that is why I am searching for a Farmhouse, since drinking out on the roads in not a good idea. Mainly the attraction for us is the BBQ since everyone is really keen on doing it.
Old 22nd August 2006, 14:00   #70
Team-BHP Support

yup farmhouse is the way to go. But looking at the responses it appears that nobody has a farmhouse here.
I remember that after one drive everybody went to some club or something in Greater Noida? the rates were good. This could be the next best alternative to BBQ.
Old 22nd August 2006, 14:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yup farmhouse is the way to go. But looking at the responses it appears that nobody has a farmhouse here.
I remember that after one drive everybody went to some club or something in Greater Noida? the rates were good. This could be the next best alternative to BBQ.
Yaar we still have time so let's not get dejected now. As for the Club, yes it could be done but it's the same as going to a pub. Doing a BBQ means cooking yourself & that's 10 times more fun. The sense of fun, frolic & camraderie would simply be missing in going to be a Club/Pub etc.

But if we have no other options we'll certainly hit a pub!
Old 22nd August 2006, 14:25   #72
BHPian

well yet again i am in but dunno if last min plans change .,...
Old 22nd August 2006, 14:36   #73
BANNED

Hey , Farmhouse avail but its 430 kms from Delhi -- u most welcome if you guys wanna go there !! But on a serious note .. Im notgame for drinking on public roads , not a good example - though I did plenty when I was young .lol !

Lets rack our brains for another 24 hrs ..maybe somethng does crop up .

Cheers
Old 22nd August 2006, 14:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey , Farmhouse avail but its 430 kms from Delhi -- u most welcome if you guys wanna go there !!
hey, mine is nearer, abt 120 KMs from Delhi, in Bulandshahar. If you guys are game to drive that much and stay there overnight I will be glad to host you.

But I am afraid it's nothing fancy. We have our old haveli there, which is not very well maintained. There are abt 4-5 bedrooms which are still functional, but no AC, or even coolers. We have a generator there, so no issue of electrivity. The caretaker Ramsuresh cooks excellent jungle fowl. And the haveli has a huge roof where we can party.

Respond!!!

\N
Old 22nd August 2006, 14:50   #75
Team-BHP Support

Ishan, what about the parking lot of your apartment. you mentioned, the building is pretty empty .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks