Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 20:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

hi guyz,

Enjoy the meet. Am real sorry to miss this one. my cars giving me some problem with the CV joint - the joint between the drive shaft and the wheel - it sends power from the driveshaft into the wheel - not something that i like to delay. i'm pussy footing around now in the car..well i try

Drive on!!
Old 31st August 2006, 20:50   #47
BHPian

enjoy guys!!!meet you all for the next meet.
Old 31st August 2006, 23:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

guys, how many would be ther by noon? Zak can arrange for lunch if anyone wants to.

otherwise, we can meet by 3pm or so at(oops forgot teh place zak said) and the regular meet drill...chat...photos...snacks...beer..

and steer...any plan for eve? Zak said he can arrange me a room if i wnna stay back..
Old 1st September 2006, 11:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

I'll be there by morning & will be free by around 12.00 PM . The problem is, right now I dont know whether I will make it or not as no venue is decided nor the time . I have PM'ed my mob no. but no one has contacted me yet . so the question is it is happening tomorrow ? or have u guys postpones to someother day ?
Old 1st September 2006, 11:53   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
I'll be there by morning & will be free by around 12.00 PM . The problem is, right now I dont know whether I will make it or not as no venue is decided nor the time . I have PM'ed my mob no. but no one has contacted me yet . so the question is it is happening tomorrow ? or have u guys postpones to someother day ?

MAn!! MAX!!! We're making it! I think you should read your signature couple a times!

We'll be meeting at 3pm, check out other BHPians, their rides, chat a lot and click click click click! It'll be almost 4-5pm then!
Either we can hire a boat to have a sundowner cruise down the backwaters or drive to a nearby beach or Bolghatty (this place has become a bore since the goshree bridges) or go to one of our hotels (where we have plenty of contacts) and test the pool waters.
We can drive to some nice joint, have some food (fullcourse possible) and lot of chatting (topics: cars, cars, cars and maybe some chicks too).

Then we can split by 8-9pm!

What say!!??????????
Old 1st September 2006, 12:16   #51
BHPian

Would have loved to make it to the Kochi meet.Unfortuantely I won't be free this weekend.However,I will be in Kochi from the 7th till 10th for attending a friend's marriage.Bad luck.Maybe next time,then?Have fun.....
Old 1st September 2006, 16:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Me and Pyrocrypt would be coming by train( Jan Shad). See you ther!

Max stop crying, I haev your number. I and Pyro would be staying back and would return only on Sunday.
Old 1st September 2006, 21:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Sorry fellas just spicing up the activity see u tommorrow .
Old 2nd September 2006, 08:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

hmmmmmmm... Today afternon uh...??/.... guess I am going to have to give this one a miss ... I have some function to attend in Trichur this eve.. Was planning to mosey down to Cok on Sunday... but now.....
Old 2nd September 2006, 23:01   #55
BANNED

It happened!
Yes, the meet was good! We had Steeroid, V1p3r (Bangalore), Veyron1 (Mumbai), Pyrocrypt (Tvm), JKdas (Tvm), MaxBHP, H.K and some more (yup! dont know her name!)
We met near Marine drive in Cochin around 4pm.
Old 2nd September 2006, 23:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Yeah It happened, I wont say it was great but I got an idea of what it will be like in a few months time . It wasnt great bcoz not many came in for it but we had a good time thanks to ZAK he chose the right places had a nice time . I am sure next time with some planning we can make it one of the better TBHP meets of India may not be the best ? ...can we mallu guys ?
Old 3rd September 2006, 00:10   #57
BANNED

The meet was great! It was a very small one as we planned. We wanted a quick meet as V1P3R, VEYRON1, STEEROID etc where around and leaving Cochin soon. So we couldnt plan long for a bigger one.
And IMHO, the meet was fun, informative and satisfying. Especially the Brunton Boat Yard part!
Old 3rd September 2006, 08:30   #58
BANNED

Cochin Meet Report!

I was tired last night, so here's the meet report!

It's continued from post#55,

Myself, Jkdas, Pyrocrypt and MaxBHP were there by 4pm. We waited for the others to arrive and we were checking each other's cars (there were only 2cars). Max brought his Fiat Siena 1.7D (Turbo charged).

This car is an unknown beast! It can pull!! (We saw how Max thrashes it).

Hey Steeroid!!!! Where are you? We're waiting here man! JK is on the phone while the others are watching and 'hearing' some movie clips!

After a while, the trio (Steeroid, V1p3r and Veyron1) reached the scene and in STYLE!. They came with the 'in'famous DICOR and RD350.

Maybe they were expecting a crowd and missed us! LOL!!

"Where are the others??" Steer expected more people! And he's surprised to hear that many sank due to weddings etc.. Aah! how can you miss this???

Here's the group photo! And there's that camera shy V1p3r! Caught you!
There were more people to come as we expected Naim, H.K etc.. After some time, H.K dropped in with his cousin Fahim. And Naim??? He was in deep waters in some swimming pool!!
Meanwhile, V1p3r and Veyron1 got into their tuning spirit! Yup, this small thingy has automech headers, freeflow, K&N Extreme... blah blah??? So let's see how it performs! And we started looking for a toolkit! (I left mne at the office). We found a slip joint plier in H.K's car and V1p3r was on the job. He did an ECU reset and then it was a blast!

Here's Steeroid checking up what the boys did! (The battery connector is out) While H.K etc.. are all eyes!
The Alto was put to some testing after this! 35-40km/h in first gear, 80 or higher in 2nd gear!! (is it good from an 800 engine?) Wheels were spinning like anything and the highspeed driving attracted the locals around. Me, V1per and Veyron1 took turns doing this. And V1p3r even made the wheels spin in 3rd gear!!

Enough of tuning. Now, just floor it! And I'm happy to do it.

We sat around chatting for some time! (No, it was only 'automotive' chat). This is the most interesting part of the any T-BHP meets I guess. It's much iformative than any car talkshow on earth!!

"Safari is better or ACE?" C'mon guyz, "They're all TATA" The topic is hot.

We all jumped into the cars after some time and decided to drive somewhere we can have some snacks etc.. We planned of going to FortCochin. We took a ferry across the backwaters. Steeroid was doubtful of loading his massive Safari onto the ferry!!

Waiting for the ferry to arrive.
We reached FortCochin and went to Brunton's boat yard! It's not a boat yard now, but converted to luxury hotel. MaxBHP had to leave due to some urgency. Max, we missed you over the food!
We chose the waterfront seats. And now the beer flowed and the seafood rocked!

Snack time folks. Cheers!
There was a party happening in some island nearby. So, we had some fireworks show too.

After this, we decided to split and we called it for the night!
Old 3rd September 2006, 08:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Will post some pics soon, my Data cable connection to comp. is missing ...any way It was a good meet !!!

And Zak , your Alto has the best engine sound ...and baby when you rev it .... you feel you are driving a high revving engine , and great ICE not that am an expert but any way you have a very expensive ALto
Old 3rd September 2006, 13:37   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Will post some pics soon, my Data cable connection to comp. is missing ...any way It was a good meet !!!

And Zak , your Alto has the best engine sound ...and baby when you rev it .... you feel you are driving a high revving engine , and great ICE not that am an expert but any way you have a very expensive ALto
Just what i had to say abt Zak's alto!!!!

Note from Support team: Do not use the entire quote for your reply. Take only the part you want to.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd September 2006 at 14:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks