Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 10:11   #1
BHPian

Ghost Busters Drive anyone? 2nd & 3rd October, 2015 (Bangalore - Sathyamangalam)

Guys,

I came across this article on the internet.

Ten Most Haunted Roads in India

Being a disbeliever in the paranormal theories, my interest was immediately piqued and I had to go drive on these roads in the dead of the night and check out for myself. The nearest in that list for Bangalore seems to be the NH209 stretch in Sathyamangalam.

Planning to do this stretch in the intervening night between 2nd Oct & 3rd Oct. Anyone else attracted to the bizarre? Any takers? Also input on safety from anti-socials, please. I am more afraid of them

Thanks in advance
Old 29th September 2015, 11:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Ghost Busters Drive anyone? 2nd & 3rd October, 2015

We've driven on this stretch in the dark many a time! In the dark, more than ghosts, there are a couple of really wicked curves that could catch you out between Chamarajnagar and Satyamangalam ghats.

No, no ghosts, unfortunately. Never had the time to check for them. We are mostly concentrating quite hard on those curves (yum yum ).
Old 29th September 2015, 11:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Ghost Busters Drive anyone? 2nd & 3rd October, 2015

The problem with your approach is that you are a disbeliever of paranormal phenomena.
Paranormal (like god, religion, voodoo and superstition) is something that is built upon beliefs. Unless you believe in it, you won't be able to experience it!
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:58   #4
BHPian

Re: Ghost Busters Drive anyone? 2nd & 3rd October, 2015 (Bangalore - Sathyamangalam)

The Dhimbam route is very scenic and i enjoy driving in that stretch. Veerappan was not in this stretch. However - i can tell you two people whom i know personally had accidents on this route. Both accidents occurred during nightfall .
Would attribute it to alertness. Like mentioned in before slots, there are few dangerous curves and sometimes people coming down do not give way to people taking the bends up. Those are the anti-social elements you need to be aware of. Good luck with your trip.
Old 30th September 2015, 19:35   #5
BHPian

Re: Ghost Busters Drive anyone? 2nd & 3rd October, 2015 (Bangalore - Sathyamangalam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Guys,

I came across this article on the internet.

Ten Most Haunted Roads in India

Being a disbeliever in the paranormal theories, my interest was immediately piqued and I had to go drive on these roads in the dead of the night and check out for myself. The nearest in that list for Bangalore seems to be the NH209 stretch in Sathyamangalam.

Planning to do this stretch in the intervening night between 2nd Oct & 3rd Oct. Anyone else attracted to the bizarre? Any takers? Also input on safety from anti-socials, please. I am more afraid of them

Thanks in advance
Sleep well before you go since when we are tired we get hallucinations of objects which are not present and hence we get the feeling of things which are not present. Also please do the video recording so that people get a proof that ghosts exist just in stories.
Also if someone has a first hand experience of ghost can share there experiences over here with me since I want to meet some ghost and make them my friend
As far as safety is concerned do not stop in the middle of the road even if someone asks you to stop or makes you stop (e.g. smashing your windscreen by throwing stone, hindering your view by breaking eggs on your windscreen which will spread if you use your wiper)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks