Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Meet at Bandipur during the Oct 2nd long weekend?
Yes, Let's Go! 12 48.00%
Lets go further... @ Wayanad 2 8.00%
Cannot make it this time, would prefer a later date 11 44.00%
Would rather have a track day in Coimbatore 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2006, 16:40   #121
BHPian

people surely confirmed are jay,binz,mclaren and myself as of now.. planning to take either my baleno or mclarens.. akshay and tuner sir pls confirm and also decide on the rides pls.. v can take the other baleno too.. others like amitoj,anush,rudra,wolf see if u guys can make it..
Old 28th September 2006, 17:00   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
IS the place which we are stayin,in gundalpet or somewhere else??I thought we meet up at gundalpet and then drive for about 2 hours!
We are staying at a place called Kalatti. Its on the hairpin bends from Masinagudi to Ooty. Some 70 kms from Gundulpet. Its actually near to Ooty. Some 20kms from Ooty I guess.

There is a nice little waterfall there. Should be in full flow now.
Old 28th September 2006, 17:15   #123
DRC
BHPian

Harrie, I would be great if you post the directions to the place too. It is very unlikely everyone arrives in Gundlupet at 12:30. Perticularly important as there will not be phone coverage. I personally will be quite late and prefer to come down to the place directly. I apologize for breaking the party norms but thats how it is easy for me.
Old 28th September 2006, 17:29   #124
BHPian

Ok here is the directions

Bangalore - Mysore - Gundulpet

Gundulpet - Continue coming down and you'll notice the road curving to the right. Take the left (or rather straight) towards Ooty. Ask for directions here.

Continue down the road. You'll reach Bandipur.

Bandipur - Mudumalai. At this point there is a right turn which goes to Gudalur and then Ooty. And the straight which goes to Ooty through Masinagudi.

Take the straight road which goes through Masinagudi

From Masinagudi continue going straight. You'll hit the hairpins. This place is at the 19th hair pin I guess. From there you have to take a deviation and go. The exact location and landmarks will be put up in a day.
Old 28th September 2006, 17:57   #125
BHPian

I have just added more information in BOLD... hope this helps. I was told that BSNL mobiles work in that area so will get hold of one and provide the numbers by tomorrow evening to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Ok here is the directions

Bangalore - Mysore - Gundulpet

Gundulpet - Continue coming down and you'll notice the road curving to the right. Take the left (or rather straight) towards Ooty. Ask for directions here.

Continue down the road. You'll reach Bandipur.

Bandipur - Mudumalai. At this point there is a right turn which goes to Gudalur and then Ooty. And the straight which goes to Ooty through Masinagudi. (this place is called Theppakadu... its easy to identify as there are the Jeep taxis stationed on the road. You have to take the left here and cross a small bridge and a checkpost)

Take the road which goes through Masinagudi

From Masinagudi continue going straight. You'll hit the hairpins. This place is at the 19th hair pin I guess. From there you have to take a deviation and go. The exact location and landmarks will be put up in a day.

This place is between the 19th and 20th bend. You will find an old board that says "Wild and Nature Jungle Camp". This may not be highly noticeable so keep the count of the hairpin bends which will help you. From there it's a drive down a narrow road that is more of a jeep track. I was told it is motorable but I am assuming it will have to be done with extreme care not to scrape the underbody of your cars. Will post further information tomorrow.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM Harrie or me.

Old 28th September 2006, 18:00   #126
DRC
BHPian

Thanks
Will be there
Old 28th September 2006, 19:54   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys are gonna have a blast. Have a drink for me. And I promise I will make it up to you, by visiting all 3 states. Drinks on me. Promise. And I'll carry freebies too

Enjoy yourselves and do post lots and lots of pictures.
Old 28th September 2006, 20:56   #128
BHPian

Important

Guys from bangy, please dont bring any liquor or other hard stuff from bangy. The check post will be very strict and any bottles (new or old) will cause problems. We can get the stuff here if you want.

So guys put together a list of how much beer, whicky, rum and whatever special needs you might have and let me or quicksilver know tonight. We'll try to round up some from the army canteen here.
Old 28th September 2006, 21:04   #129
Senior - BHPian

Special needs=red bull(on sam btw)for me!
Old 28th September 2006, 21:26   #130
Senior - BHPian

doods october 4 th is karnataka bhand --- most of the companies have already declared holiday .If you apply tuesday leave it will be 5 days
Old 28th September 2006, 21:44   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Guys from bangy, please dont bring any liquor or other hard stuff from bangy. The check post will be very strict and any bottles (new or old) will cause problems. We can get the stuff here if you want.

So guys put together a list of how much beer, whicky, rum and whatever special needs you might have and let me or quicksilver know tonight. We'll try to round up some from the army canteen here.
anything would do., but re not the very basic ones they are yuck ( as if u guys donno)

pls contact KB$$ for specs!
Old 28th September 2006, 21:46   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
doods october 4 th is karnataka bhand --- most of the companies have already declared holiday .If you apply tuesday leave it will be 5 days

Not for me Bro's.. I am still working on that day.. Thats why i regret to announce that i am not coming.. Only reason i have not posted / voted till now..
My worst nightmare has come alive.. I am pasting the email from one of the directors from Oracle

"
All,

Please see the note below. We will be closed Wed Oct 4th owing to the bundh.

For those who need to come in to the office to work that day for critical projects work, please inform your managers immediately - transport will be arranged to get you to the office by 7AM and you will depart after 7PM.

All others will need to make up the time lost for the day on your projects next week. Please work with your project managers to make up the time in lieu of the lost working day on the 4th.

In case the bundh is called off, we will keep you informed accordingly.

Thanks, "

Sob....Sniff

Last edited by Godfather : 28th September 2006 at 21:48.
Old 29th September 2006, 00:14   #133
BHPian

Hi,
was just going thru the forum and came across!! The plan for the weekend sounds really cool and I hope I can join in too..
But there were a couple of questions gazing my mind...
1st being the return day and time!!!!

When do we plan on returning.. I have to leave for HYD on monday night!!

2ndly why is there such a low turnout... There are so many bhpian's in bangalore.. where are you guys!!! its a TBHP meet!! shouldn't we all be in for this one...

3rdly " WOLF" where are u man!!! I hope ur coming (nahin to main kaisey jaa paaonga!!) Plus its been some time since I have seen 200kmph!!.. Possible only if u get ur GREEN EVIL!!!

@wolf: dude!! even if u've been to this place like a gazillion times, the company is what matters..i'm sure we will have a ball!!

Hope to join u all
Cheers
Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 29th September 2006 at 00:31.
Old 29th September 2006, 00:15   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
Got a txt from McL about a meet, never figured things were happening on such a grand scale !!

Funny part is my friends are also planning to goto someones estate close to jungle retreat! Think we have it planned for sun/mon tue though... maybe I can catch round 2 of the tri-state ! Have a blast guys... and stay safe.
Old 29th September 2006, 00:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
Hi,
3rdly " WOLF" where are u man!!! I hope ur coming (nahin to main kaisey jaa paaonga!!) Plus its been some time since I have seen 200kmph!!.. Possible only if u get ur GREEN EVIL!!!
Im here only dude...The problem is that I have couple of things linedup for the weeknd, if I manage to avoid 'em Im gonna go for sure...trying infact to psh my work onto a colleague!

I had called you last weekd, managed a 200kmph with 3ppl in the car, you missed out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
@wolf: dude!! even if u've been to this place like a gazillion times, the company is what matters..i'm sure we will have a ball!!
I know...I realise that but other stuff holding me back for now!

Last edited by The Wolf : 29th September 2006 at 00:38.

Most Viewed