Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 19:08   #16
elf
BANNED

@veyron1: The quality of your upbringing has been ratified. The bhai & uncle bit are unnecessary. Besides, engine oils have no brothers or other relatives, only batch mates. And most of my friends insist I'm actually a 15 year old with a bad makeover.

@Pdev29: Thanks for the PK Convertible link. You're a sweetheart.
I thought Shrivz came with you on your cycle to the Orchid. How did our bovine buddy get there then? And who doused your FirePants? Must get to the bottom of this...

Getting back to the meet, when is it expected to happen? I may come along with a friend who has a Kawasaki Vulcan 750, since my arrival in a 4 wheeled vehicle may be deemed inappropriate.
Old 25th September 2006, 19:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

VULCAN..?? Now, we're talking. Meet fixed for 15th Oct, elf bhai. Only thing left to decide is the destination. If only Mumbai guys, then we'll cruise to Daman (cruise, since it's unfair to rip when a kwacker cruiser is with us...). If the Pune guys are in, then we'll make it somewhere in between...

@pdev29; PM Technocrat, please. He can guide us regarding the Pune meet.
Old 25th September 2006, 19:56   #18
elf
BANNED

Hold your horses, boyyo! Although the Vulcan & friend do exist, I've yet to ask him for this meet. He did seem interested the last time, but the lazy arse simply didn't turn up at the last minute for the Prawn Cocktail we had recently.

Also 15th he may be in Goa. Asking him now is pointless, so shall confirm our presence closer to the date.

Arrivederci.
Old 25th September 2006, 20:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

@Elf : - That link was a small contribution towards your project,hope to see your convertible on the road soon Best of Luck,

Veyron1 :- Dude I have sent a msg to Technocart but what about the others, Archieworld & Anku if you can get in touch with them... if not here then on xbhp.
Old 25th September 2006, 21:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
I thought Shrivz came with you on your cycle to the Orchid. How did our bovine buddy get there then?
Shrivz rode with me to the Orchid
Old 26th September 2006, 10:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

The plans sounds great & if its not at the coming long weeknd I am Game

15th October sounds fine
Old 26th September 2006, 15:59   #22
BHPian

the first(?) navi mumbai & thane meet we had kinda turned in to a bikers meet. how about pm'ing those guys(turbo v12, maveric, egangster, tachometer) ya i could do it myself but i am too lazy.
Old 26th September 2006, 16:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Our man pdev can PM egangsta and everybody....he's not lazy at all...how about it, pdev? Have pm'd archie and anku.

@Technocrat: Great. So you're in. How about enquiring with some of the other Pune bhians to join in? And while we're at that, kindly suggest a location where we all can comfortably meet, and have some fun- good roads mandatory.

@elf: Arre bhai, forget the Vulcan. If he ain't coming, you hop on with me as pillion. We can cruise along leisurely and mock all overtaking motorists, and make living hell out of the ones who decide to accompany us...
Old 26th September 2006, 17:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@elf: Arre bhai, forget the Vulcan. If he ain't coming, you hop on with me as pillion. We can cruise along leisurely and mock all overtaking motorists, and make living hell out of the ones who decide to accompany us...
God Help everyone & anyone who dares overtake this duo!! And all you guys participating remember you have been warned

BTW I would love to be there to see what would Veyron & Elf would be like together!!!
Old 26th September 2006, 19:23   #25
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well,NITROXX is out on this one and I really envy you guys you have to pick a day before my b'day to go riding? that 2 without me??? allan please make sure you guys are riding safe and try not to talk as much when you are lol! and one more thing if you see a mcdonalds and some..... r'ber me pls ...I'll miss you guys till then oh by the way we have 2 new sbks coming along with me hopefully bought one already...just waiting to find a way to get it there and this time people its litre class..lets give you guys food for thought...It starts with an A...take care guys miss me..
Old 26th September 2006, 19:24   #26
elf
BANNED

Spoke to the Vulcan last evening. Got a definite maybe. Which means jack till the actual date & time comes around.

@veyron1: As much as I'd like to take you up on your offer, I think I'll stick with the Vulcan due to survival instincts - the bike owner's. He loves his putt-puttee too much to risk psycho riding & it's residual consequences. Besides, I'll be helping him source a new Metzeler for his cycle shortly, so shall be assured of a grippy butt area & of non-buttock-tarmac contact. His 2-wheeler is also rather large, so lends itself to raised confidence levels for a putt-puttee non-enthusiast like me.
No offence to your ride & riding style though, & I truly appreciate your offer.

As regards the comments to passing motorists, in my opinion, sustained conversation would also seem quite difficult on a bike.

I've had some of these with the RD350 I mentioned before, which went like:

Me: What do you think would be the current thermodynamic efficiency of your engine?
Rider: What?

Me: What would be a ballpark figure of the maintenance costs you incur?
Rider: Who happened to what *****?

Me: How many colours in the rainbow?
Rider: Hain?

Me: Nice chick.
Rider: Ya, my Mom's fine.

You get my gist.

This, as opposed to fine controlled temperature in my car, the simple act of pressing two buttons for periodical nicotine intake (one for the power window, one for the cigarette lighter). My choice of woman (either Alanis, Cyndi or Dido) screaming her guts out on my fine midrez enhancing ICE, my fake leather seats cosseting my (still scrawny) behind, the complete lack of footpeg reliance when it comes to taking curves.

On a bike, I have a thong for a seat (as opposed to diapers for a car), the damn exhaust sound can't be shut up by raising the window coz there ain't no windows, the only woman screaming is the one you've just thwacked with your foot-pegs, & you can't smoke to save your life.

You choose.
Old 26th September 2006, 19:54   #27
BHPian

@elf. if you are comming to the ride, be warned that you are getting hit by me for making me fall off my chair.

@nitroxx. aprilia?

@everyone else. i really have nothing to say but i felt like mentioning everyone else
Old 26th September 2006, 20:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

@iraghava: Sure, sure....it'll be a ball to see me riding at 130 kays and elf bhai screaming his lungs out to all fellow motorists to make way...and teaching them a few new words that they might only hear if they'd piss of a Mumbai municipal corporator...

@nitroxx: Holy cow. Your b'day is on 16th? When're you coming back? We would love to see your import....the bike, not what you think...and I would like to personally verify the "mills"...

@elf: Arre yaar. Dhat. And here I was, expecting to ride with the maestro...you really broke my heart...nevertheless...I'll console myself with a ride on the Vulcan...
BTW, you sat pillion on an RD, and you were asking him the bloody thermal efficiency (which, BTW, is about 32%)...? Bhai, you need more help than I think...please come for the meet and ride with me. I'll give you free counselling...and don't worry; my phat-phatiya is very silent, so we can have a proper conversation face-to-face...
Old 26th September 2006, 20:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
so we can have a proper conversation face-to-face...
Now how the hell are you gonna do that???
Old 26th September 2006, 20:25   #30
elf
BANNED

"... so we can have a proper conversation face-to-face... "
See! Statements like that induce instant rumblings from my nether regions...

@nitroxx: Activa? Don't be silly, boy! Buy one here & overbore it to 1000cc. Ask my friend RD350 / 650 for details. Import-shimport ka kya zaroorat hai?

@heelntoe: I look forward to the beating, followed by the shin-scraping. Your only worry is falling off your chair. Mine is me slipping off my thong.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks