Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2006, 11:31   #16
BANNED

Sam, Hey, I didnt mean that I got offended but maybe some of them might ... And yeah a brazil collective plan is like a wasted thread !!!

But HELL YEAH ,.... we can definitely dream about it , can't we and it wid be fun if we did go but not for the race -- we possibly cudnt waste time seeing cars go by when we cud easily be learning Samba from them beauties ... ;-)

Cheers
Old 9th October 2006, 14:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Brazil at this time would be impossible not only will we won't get tickets but most people will have scheduling issues too. But we can do something for next season like China, Malaysia or Middle East.

If we plan well in advance we could organise a meet & I'm ready to go!! What say guys should I start my research & organise this meet?? All interested please post here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, You shud have left this statement out .... maybe a lot of them felt that they didnt need to pay for the alcohol as they wern't drinking ,etc, etc . And I think the others chipped in so that raghava didnt have to pay from his pocket -- RIGHT RAGHAVA ??
You're right Khaadu a few other people too paid more than they were supposed to but I'm not going to name anyone. Also just to set the record straight there were some people who did not, I repeat did not pay anything at all despite consuming Food & Alcohol. Next time a more fool-proof system is being devised to make sure everyone pays for their share & that a group of select people don't have to bear the brunt. No offence meant to anyone but meets are a collective effort & we would like everyone attending to pay up equally and not burden a few members with unnecessary expenditure. So next time we're going to charge everyone an entry fee irrespective of whether they eat/drink or not, (but we'll still segregate Veg/Non-Veg & Drinkers/Non-Drinkers moneywise) I'm sure all can afford to pay up a couple of hundred bucks each, especially if they can afford to drive down in their cars with their fuel.
Old 9th October 2006, 16:33   #18
BHPian

.As soon as schumi announced his retirement and when i checked that the next race was shanghai i had all my plans right to go there except one ooddball -my passport.seeing my interst in f1 iwas allowed the expenses to go to shanghai provided that my passport got made. no pasport ruined it all but then i thought about brazil but the costs again teared my dream apart but i thought if i had a good amount of people=>a lot of team bhpians alongwith me so that the the costs of such a trip per person and for me come down but now i think the plan has again crashed saw the website tickets for the gp sold out.Maybe next year i would be personally able to met schumi because then he would be comparatively free.i still hope he wins the championship.hope that iraghava is successful in organising the trip.A team bhp meet is a good experience, a formula 1 race seen live is even more faboulous but put the both together and its just a once in lifetime oppurtunity not to be missed.so lets plan for a malaysia trip next year and iam sure u would find many more takers for this one.can the moderators rename this thread the f1 meet thread now.
Old 9th October 2006, 17:12   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Correct me if I'm wrong revved up...

You have created a thread in the meet section, inviting people to come to Brazil with you to watch an F1 and you don't have a passport?
Old 9th October 2006, 17:15   #20
BHPian

I had applied for it 2 weeks before the shanghai gp would be getting it soon by post
Old 9th October 2006, 17:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

You are spot on Sam....revvedup just wanted to make sure that we are on board with the idea before he tried getting his passport; I mean getting a passport is no great shakes
Old 9th October 2006, 18:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup
I had applied for it 2 weeks before the shanghai gp would be getting it soon t
OK guys let's get this straight.

1) This is a meet thread. Either organise a meet/time/place and invite people to meet up there. Or post pictures and reports of you meeting other team-BHPians. That's what this section about.
When there is a "wishful thinking" section, this thread will have more relevance.

2) I understand that that it was your intention to be part of a meet, when you started this discussion, however you have now stated that you don't even have a passport and you have applied for one 3 weeks ago.

3) Seeing your introduction thread I gather you are a minor and therefore it will take you another 2 years to get an Adult Indian Passport. I do not know Brazil's visa laws on unaccompanied minors.

revvedup, I congratulate your spirit and your ideas, but this thread may end up in the joke section soon.
Old 10th October 2006, 12:51   #23
BANNED

Let me tell something to everybody. I'm sure there're atleast 10 people from the whole t-bhp who can spare time, money etc for a gp. And if somebody makes the going, then these guys will be ready to join too.
So, I'm taking this seriously. We can make this happen guys! C'mon! The first Team-bhp F1 meet!

Getting together to watch F1 on tv? That happens for every Gp!
Old 10th October 2006, 13:33   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree.
I'd posted about this earlier. For next year let us make a plan to go to Malaysia, shanghai or Dubai.
I will be in for sure. Let us start making plans 3 months before the GP next year. That will give time to take leave, book tickets, visas, grandstand tickets etc.

I absolutely insist in advance that those that make these plans have a Passport.
Old 10th October 2006, 13:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I agree.
I'd posted about this earlier. For next year let us make a plan to go to Malaysia, shanghai or Dubai.
I will be in for sure. Let us start making plans 3 months before the GP next year. That will give time to take leave, book tickets, visas, grandstand tickets etc.

I absolutely insist in advance that those that make these plans have a Passport.
Alright remind me around the time & I'll do the research for it. But first we'll have to decide the destination, I vote for Dubai!! What say others???
Old 10th October 2006, 13:49   #26
BANNED

Mods, is it possible to have a poll on this?

I vote for Dubai too.
Mr. iRaghava! You can start you research now itself. It would be glad to know how much does the GP tickets cost. And if it's a better bargain to book for practice, qualification included. And what's the best time to book the tickets. 6 months earlier? 3 months earlier? 1 month earlier etc...
Old 10th October 2006, 13:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally I'd like to go to malaysia or to shanghai.

I haven't been to china yet. Shanghai is insane and has some of the most fantastic nightlife in asia.
KL is a great city, party, travel, food and shopping. IMO both these places will make dubai look a ittle boring.Though dubai has some decent nightlife and of late, a lot of women I've heard (if that's your thing, it's not mine)

Still if everyone wants to go to Dubai, I'll come.

Please don't start a newthread/poll or anything. I assure you, not more than 10 people will come. If you start a poll, you'll have 200 votes.
Old 10th October 2006, 14:00   #28
Team-BHP Support

Shanghai would be really expensive. KL would be awesome!
Old 10th October 2006, 14:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

KL would be the cheapest option....forget about Dubai & Shanghai...and as a destination, Malaysia would be the best
Old 10th October 2006, 14:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ok good then let's see how many people are willing to come & then decide the venue over PM's. Will call up some agents in a couple of days to find out about the packages available for GP's. As soon as I have concrete figures in hand, will post them here.

EDIT: Ok let me enquire about packages for all 3 & then post them here. KL seems to be the favourite right now though!

Last edited by iraghava : 10th October 2006 at 14:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks