Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2006, 23:44   #1
BHPian

f1 meet brazil - never made it, so lets try KL

F1 fanatics that we are can we have met at the last f1 race at brazil.after all its schumis last race and there is nothing that comes cloise to watching f1 in its full glory.considereing the member strength if decent number turns up then the trip via package deal can become affordable.what say guys.
Old 8th October 2006, 01:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Are you proposing a trip to Brazil ??

Hmm..... maybe a meet just to watch the race together might be a little more attainable

cya
R
Old 8th October 2006, 01:18   #3
BANNED

Man! Are you gonna sponsor it? Then I'm in.
See, it's better we get together somewhere and watch the action live as it unfolds. Brazil is a bit far away na? Oh no, even Delhi is far for us southerners!
Old 8th October 2006, 12:18   #4
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup
F1 fanatics that we are can we have met at the last f1 race at brazil.after all its schumis last race and there is nothing that comes cloise to watching f1 in its full glory.considereing the member strength if decent number turns up then the trip via package deal can become affordable.what say guys.
Well i would'nt mind joining in if you can sponsor me... love to see Brasil...
Old 8th October 2006, 16:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

i wish i could come. it would be one heck of a race......schumis last race......kimis last race at mclaren......its like the end of an era... nd being there to witness it would be amazing
Old 8th October 2006, 17:46   #6
BHPian

i believe some movie theatre was airing F1 races in mumbai ,,, any news if its on for Brazil ?
Old 8th October 2006, 17:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

what makes u think that there will be seats available in Brazil.i think it will be a full house already.
Old 8th October 2006, 18:56   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello revvedup. And welcome to team-BHP. I don't know how many people here will meet you at interlagos. It's a little far from here. Plus it's a bit silly to jump in suddenly, a few days before a race and say, HEY let's go to Brazil for the ultimate race in this years championship!! Tickets have to be bought months in advance (as i found out about the monza race, which was on the 10th).

Maybe with a few months planning, next year, we could perhaps organise a few people (that can afford it) to go together to malaysia, shanghai or even to the middle east for a GP. Rudra I hope you remember your promise to me, for 2007.

What about you revvedup? Are you going to Brazil? Or is this just a thread without meaning?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th October 2006 at 19:00.
Old 8th October 2006, 20:53   #9
BHPian

this is not a thread without meaning didnt know about thre ticket bit but i am serious even though brazil is far away not many from india would go so perhaps the ticket could be got an off season discount.out of the 8203 members even if 100 get together then the econonmy of scale would further bring the cost down .
said

i was going to go to shanghai initially but wasn't able to manage a passport in time.ok i think distinguished bhpians have more experience and i think if they can plan more properly we can have proper meet in malaysia.if uare able to pull this off this would be one of the greatest meets ever.
Old 8th October 2006, 23:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

we are not talking of air tickets,what about the grandprix tickets,where is the off season for a grandprix.
Old 8th October 2006, 23:56   #11
BANNED

Regarding the air tickets to Brazil, it's damn expensive on the plus 50k range for oneway the last time I enquired. And atleast 4 flights to be changed until you reach brazil.
I admire your spirit dude. This thread got me thinking and if not brazil, a middle east or malaysia is a near possibility. We can work it up.
What say? You crazy crazy Team-BHPians!
Old 9th October 2006, 01:59   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
You crazy crazy Team-BHPians!
Now where have I heard that line before? I should charge royalty.

Getting a 100 Team-BHPians to Interlagos is aiming high. The biggest team-BHP meet ever was in new delhi was 40 people, of which 39 were from Delhi and NCR. That was a record.

A percentage of these didn't/couldn't pay for the simple festivities (all in 3 figures) and poor iraghava paid for most of the meet.

Nothing wrong in aiming high, I'm no pessimist, but getting a hundred team-BHPians to fork out close toatleast 1 lakh each (yes a ticket to buenos aires - changing flights etc - and then on to interlagos, with trackside tickets, stay etc not to mention visas etc) is aiming a wee bit higher than what is achievable IMO.

But yes, I agree, a few TBHPians could get together and go to Malaysia for a GP. We have a little over half a year to plan this. Let's bring this up in a few months again shall we?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th October 2006 at 02:01.
Old 9th October 2006, 03:07   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
A percentage of these didn't/couldn't pay for the simple festivities (all in 3 figures) and poor iraghava paid for most of the meet.
Hey, You shud have left this statement out .... maybe a lot of them felt that they didnt need to pay for the alcohol as they wern't drinking ,etc, etc . And I think the others chipped in so that raghava didnt have to pay from his pocket -- RIGHT RAGHAVA ??

Well , as far as going to Brazil for the last GP --- thats a diff story altogether though even if I did leave India for the F1 race there , I doubt it that I wud make itto the track on race day -- Id prefer chasing them BRAZILIAN BEAUTIES with perfectly sculpted bodies .. ( SAM , u listening ?? Im sure you wud be with me as well -- WHAT F1 ???

Cheers
Old 9th October 2006, 03:32   #14
BANNED

Sam! Start charging for stuff like that and after some months, we'll have money for Malaysian Gp. And we'll give you the honour of paying up.

Khaadu! That's the reason we counted Brazil out. You, Sam & me will make the locals go mad with envy. Malaysia will be ok because we ain't gonna be that eager eyed there.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th October 2006 at 02:33.
Old 9th October 2006, 11:26   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, You shud have left this statement out
Nai rey khaadu, I meant no offense (what me? Offend?), why even I didn't pay.

I wasn't trying to make a point, well not that point anyways. The fun thing about being a team-BHPian is that you can be an MD of a company, or a jobless student and we're all equal.

I was merely trying to point out that as of now, for 99.9% of team-BHPians, going to brazil for an F1 or for some chiky-chiky (as in our collective cases) is not an achievable. For some due to commitments, some due to work and most due to money (or lack of it rather).

Like R said, it's probably more achievable to plan a meet around a screen in india. let's talk about things that more people call fun and affordable.

Let's not talk about things that hardly anyone here can do, and make everyone feel bad.

Most Viewed