Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 17:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016

My first meet with our amazing community was just awesome. Except for the departure proposed at 3pm, we were bang on time according to our itinerary.

Hotel Suraj Grand did not seem really ready for us. Fortunately we did fit in their banquet hall. Food was alright. Did not really get the Andhra deal except for that fiery chicken preparation. Non Veg Starters were disappointing. What worried me the most was the car parked on the main road. I am sure this was on everyone's mind. I rarely park my car on the street so there was always that little bit of tension on if the car is safe. Fortunately; it was, except for some dust settled.

I have to be honest, I can't remember everyone's name. I recognize you better based on what you drive.

The star car for me was the immaculate Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Invex. The last time I saw one of these was over a decade ago. Also; its not often you hear of a woman gifting her husband a car he desires. Now that is something.

The drive was excellent. Relatively empty highway and excellent weather. It was after a long time I was looking at a landscape that is otherwise barren. These parts get really hot in summer. After a little breakfast and photo op at Kamat, we hit the road. Ze big Germans were in a league of their own so they disappeared almost as soon as we left. Not surprised. Who can feather the throttle on such a smooth road. This was the first time where I felt the spacing of the toll gates were too close. I ain't gonna get into why that was. Should be a pretty easy guess :-)

Next stop was Blue Moon. This place comes as a relief for those who frequent this highway. There are now a couple more options if you need to grab a bite. Lots of safe parking and space to walk around. Can't really comment on the restaurant cause we were there for just a stretch. Just make sure you don't drink the coffee.

Resumed journey only to be greeted by a little rain at Dhone. Did this slow us down? No way.

We were on time at Kurnool and the first thing I see is a black Fiat Abarth getting blessed at a shrine. A small town like Kurnool has a Fiat dealer and a big city like Bombay does not have one!

The self Introductions was really useful. I can now relate to the folks who are regulars on the forum and the one's who decide if my post is inappropriate.Nice meeting all of you.

Most of us hit the road around 340pm. With the way I was driving, my car needed gas at Gooty. I decided to drive back straight to Bangalore so I could dine with my family. Once again, a little drizzle here and there.

My trip computer said I had clocked 720km. This is the highest number of miles I've ever clocked in a single day on my car. Was I tired? No. In fact, I woke up at 630am and hosed down the car cause it was a bit of a mess. Such is the energy you get from a community like Team Bhp.

Thank you Mr. Ravi and group for organizing this meet.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 12th September 2016 at 17:38.
Old 12th September 2016, 17:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Still trying explain to others why one drives a 750 km round trip for lunch
Oh, then it becomes even more difficult to explain that Lunch is actually an excuse and drive is the reason
Frankly, I don't remember what I ate but I remember who said what
Meeting so many people for the first time and making so many new friends in one go can be described in one word - AWESOME.
Thanks chief and Mobike008 for giving us this wonderful trip.

Having this meet in our kitty, how about a overnighter to a destination that will have a common route for a part of it? Teams from two cities meet and drive to the target together, spend the night knowing each other more....

Yeh dil maange more.
Old 12th September 2016, 17:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a Super Sunday with ~750 kms of driving on good roads with like minded folks. Must say that Team BHPs meets only seem to be getting better over time Another awesome meet and it was fun to catch up with folks from bangalore & hyderabad and put a face to the handle. Big shoutout to Ravi sir and Mobike008 for making this happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
At the same time its quite treacherous as well due to plenty of stray animals and intersections teeming with people with no road sense let alone highway sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However, on a side note few incidents like the one above mentioned by Santoshbhat of a dog jumping in front of his car and that of stray cattle related near miss of another member highlights the dangers present on our highway
BeantownThinker had a near miss just after breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
We did play leapfrog with the TUV on the way back.
I was happy to tail you into the twilight and was wondering why you were driving very sedately for a long stretch after Penukonda. Then I saw the optra catchup and you guys took off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Yeh dil maange more.
Absolutely!
Old 12th September 2016, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Wow - What a meet, it was a pleasure meeting both Bangalore and Hyderabad bhpians. Drive was an amazing experience. Looking forward to more such opportunities.

Sharing a Picture of the breakfast venue [Bangy Team].

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-team-bhp-drive.jpg

Best

Deepak
Old 12th September 2016, 19:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I\
I was happy to tail you into the twilight and was wondering why you were driving very sedately for a long stretch after Penukonda. Then I saw the optra catchup and you guys took off.
It was more the visibility. The light rain meant I needed to give a margin for invisible animals. Also the front windscreen film of my car is crazing. Time to remove it. I also realised that not having an anti-glare coating on my glasses really slows one down.
Old 12th September 2016, 23:56   #21
BHPian

Just now realised that there was a team-bhp meet in Bangalore and Hyderabad. I missed this time but will definitely try to make it next time. I went to the same road yesterday (11sept and upto Lepakshi) albeit with Family so could not have joined even if I know of it.
Will make it next time.
Old 13th September 2016, 00:04   #22
BHPian

Well that was surely a memorable meet. My first meet as well.

Missing the tagging feature of FB here. But will try to do it in a typical newspaper style. As Viddy said it will help in matching handles with faces.
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-tbhp.jpg

Starting from left to right in the above pic.
procrj, shetty_rohan, Mpksuhas, BeantownThinker, MadMax, myself (Redcruiser), Redcruiser's +1, the person behind ??, KD007's +1, behind her is KD007, procrj's +1, behind her is Motoringlover's +1, further behind is Motoringlover with his daughter, ??, Dr.AD, pganapathy, one with specs is nerd1200, tilt, sandeepmohan, Arighna.Dutta, Tilt's +1, ??, Arighna.Dutta's+1, behind her is Santoshbhat, Voyager-1, cmuic, KarthikK, last one to the extreme right with 20 days old Merc is Fortified.

RSudarsanan and Chaith.turbo are missing in this pic, but are there in the extreme left of the pic in post #19.

Extremely sorry that I have failed recalling the question marks(??). Please feel free to edit them. I hope the order is correct had some confusion between the Verna owners though.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th September 2016 at 14:43. Reason: Adding some spacing
Old 13th September 2016, 01:28   #23
BHPian

What a way to spend Sunday!!! Driving 750kms, meeting a bunch of fantastic people. It was fun seeing the amazing germans in action and the way they so effortlessly take off leaving us mere mortals in their dust.

Here a few pictures clicked by me

Line up of the cars at Kamat Upachar for breakfast
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet1.jpg

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet2.jpg

Saw these beauties taking a break while their riders were having breakfast
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet3.jpg

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet4.jpg

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet5.jpg

The breakfast group shot
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet6.jpg

The main man in action
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet7.jpg

The group re-groups at Blue Moon Food Court
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet8.jpg

Hyderabad meets Bangalore @ Kurnool
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-kurnool-meet48.jpg

And finally, a video I have made of the entire experience. For the guys whose names I have not mentioned in the video, my apologies. Let me know where you appear so that I can caption it.

Old 13th September 2016, 07:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Missing the tagging feature of FB here. But will try to do it in a typical newspaper style. As Viddy said it will help in matching handles with faces.
Great idea.

I forgot to thank RSudarsanan and Mobike008 for taking the trouble to organize a meet like this. Without guys like you we would have no get togethers.

Adding my name:
Quote:
Starting from left to right in the above pic.
procrj, shetty_rohan, Mpksuhas, BeantownThinker, MadMax, myself (Redcruiser), Redcruiser's +1, keroo1099, KD007's +1, behind her is KD007, procrj's +1, behind her is Motoringlover's +1, further behind is Motoringlover with his daughter, ??, Dr.AD, pganapathy, one with specs is nerd1200, tilt, sandeepmohan, Arighna.Dutta, Tilt's +1, ??, Arighna.Dutta's+1, behind her is Santoshbhat, Voyager-1, cmuic, KarthikK, last one to the extreme right with 20 days old Merc is Fortified.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th September 2016 at 10:03. Reason: Editing your post for some clarity + fixing typo.
Old 13th September 2016, 09:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However, on a side note few incidents like the one above mentioned by Santoshbhat of a dog jumping in front of his car and that of stray cattle related near miss of another member highlights the dangers present on our highway.
Few incidents encountered by me as well.
- Saw an horrific accident on my way towards Blue moon in the morning after our stop at Kamat. A wagonR which had jumped the median was badly damaged. People were assembled on the other side of the highway for rescue. Not sure how many of you spotted this.
-During my onward journey there were many instances of cows and sheeps coming onto the highway from the median, which was a paradise for grazing after the monsoons.Had to drive by leaving atleast a meter distance from the median on the right.
-On my way back I saw a truck that was coming right towards me that too on the fast lane,thankfully had its headlights on.Had enough time to change lanes though.
-Saw some trucks that were parked on the left lane without any kind of warning lights . Not to mention tractors and autos driving in wrong direction.

Drive safe.
Old 13th September 2016, 11:00   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- Saw an horrific accident on my way towards Blue moon in the morning after our stop at Kamat. A wagonR which had jumped the median was badly damaged. People were assembled on the other side of the highway for rescue. Not sure how many of you spotted this.
I think it was a Santro that had toppled over. Hopefully seatbelts were worn as the shell of the car didn't look too badly damaged.

We were behind you for a long time when I was driving the Optra I think. Too many animals on the median and as it got darker, those barricades at the intersections were just too dangerous.
Old 13th September 2016, 11:33   #27
psn
BHPian

I missed this meet. I have never been part of team-bhp meet, but wouldn't ever want to miss such an opportunity like this again. Hate missing this one.
I guess I missed the relevant thread.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:18   #28
BHPian

This was my first meet and was simply superb. Thanks for Mobike008 and Ravi sir for organising such a fabulous and memorable meet. The drive from Hyderabad was short but fantastic. In return at few places the visibility due to rain was near zero which was an added thrill. Below are few pics i took on my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_100212.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_100623.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_104253.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_105353.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_105407.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_143352.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_152735.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_172839.jpg  

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-20160911_174301.jpg  

Old 13th September 2016, 12:57   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a great meet. Good food, great company, and interesting weather.

Mobike, who was on the versys?
Old 13th September 2016, 13:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:

-On my way back I saw a truck that was coming right towards me that too on the fast lane,thankfully had its headlights on.Had enough time to change lanes though.
Encountered both of these as well. Also encountered a bus coming really fast on the wrong way. Lucky escape.

Thanks to all for making this meet happen and for joining. It was a pleasure to hang out with the usual suspects and say hello to new members.

- Until we drive again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks