Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 13:15   #46
BHPian

Re: Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016

Thanks a ton to RSudarsanan and Mobike008 for organising this meet.
But for Ravi, I would not have made it due to ill health. It was his charisma which could not keep me away.
It was indeed fun to participate in it. It was my + 1's first drive meet (Avinash, surprised?).
Thanks to Lucifer1881 + 1 for the company by riding with me in my car.
It was indeed nice to meet present and past Hyderabadis like MotoringLover + 1 + 1/2 and VNabhi joining in from Bangalore. And meeting Mrs KDM007 at Kurnool, whom I know from the real world from before.
The best part of this meet was that we Hyderabadis were before time right through instead of being late lathiefs as earlier.
Food was just an excuse and not the reason for meeting up.
Food Pyramid filter coffee was super awesome and beats Taj Mahal (Abids) coffee hands down.
Old 16th September 2016, 20:47   #47
BHPian

First of all thanks to Avinash (Mobike008) and Ravi sir (RSudarsanan) for organizing this drive meet. Having heard about the earlier Kurnool Mega Meet (can now be called the Former Mega Meet after this), I was hoping to see another Kurnool Drive meet happen. Luckily in July, I had a chance to be part of a Breakfast Drive in Bangalore during one of my Bangalore trips and remember bringing up this Kurnool meet topic with Ravi sir(rather bug him I would say) and am so glad this has finally happened. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4021206

Started off the day with a good drive on Outer Ring Road (ORR) with Pradeep (pdma) and Sai (Jetti) to be the first ones to reach the meet up point at sharp 8AM. Took a while for us to figure out if we reached early or were holding up at the wrong spot. Soon other BHPians joined in and after the initial introductions and quick photo shoot, we were off to hit the first pit stop aka Food Pyramid. Pradeep couldn't join us due to prior commitments but drove all the way to the meeting point just to catch up with other BHPians.

Avinash with his Blue Bombardier on the tarmac was leading the pack, well actually we were letting him lead [Being the Mod gets you special privileges you see] . I guess Dr. Kumar (ecosport rules) and Bajaj Sir (hyd_traveller) would agree.

After the leisure breakfast and photo shoot at Food Pyramid, we headed to Hotel Suraj Grand with instructions from Bajaj sir on where the potential speed traps (Interceptors) would be on the route. He was spot on with his input and I spotted a interceptor right after crossing the river and before entering Kurnool. Enter the town to see a Black Abarth being blessed near a temple. Below pic from my dashcam which sandeepmohan referred to as well in his post

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-abarth.jpg

Was good to catch up with the Bangalore BHPians in the banquet hall and the roll call was a good idea as it gave everyone a chance to put a face to the TBHP handle name. Met folks whose threads I have read multiple times and some of them have been a reason I own the ride I have today.

The interactions had lots of stories from member (sorry buddy, unable to recollect your name/TBHP handle) being gifted a Mitsubishi Lancer by his better half to member (Mohan sir aka tilt) driving and jack knifing 18-wheelers. His narration on the experience was making the hair stand on the end, wonder what the adrenaline would be when you are in the drivers seat doing the jack-knifing. One more item added to the bucket list. Thank you Mohan sir for bringing to light that there was such an option available.

Lunch was decent but food was never the criteria as everyone earlier resonated. Post -lunch, had the photoshoot and then goodbyes to start the drive back. Made a stop back again at Food Pyramid and had really good coffee along with onion pakodas. Drive back from Food Pyramid was spiced up with the weather deciding to grant us some more challenge to the drive by making the clouds open up full throttle and in retaliation we had to let go a bit on the throttle

Overall a day well spent is all I can say and look forward to another such meet. As others suggested, maybe an overnighter would be an upgrade for the next meet.
Old 17th September 2016, 08:49   #48
BHPian

I happened to meet the folks at the Hyderabad starting point, I was not able to join the team for the drive though. It was good to meet fellow BHP'ians and spend a while with them. Me along with Manas270, Jetti, Sifu and Highway hopper were the first to reach the meeting point we had some decent time to catch up before the others started showing up.
Iam the one in the blue checks shirt, blue jeans (right in the middle of the two cars and the group). My Linea in the background (Ecosport rules, Hyd traveler, deepv and Manas270 in the foreground). Jetti, Hightway hopper, Sifu and his Vento are in this picture as well.

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 17th September 2016 at 08:51.
Old 17th September 2016, 10:37   #49
BHPian

Hi Guys,

That was my Brothers Abarth punto being blessed, we had just taken the delivery and went in for the Pooja.
reddy6980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 20:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
And finally, a video I have made of the entire experience. For the guys whose names I have not mentioned in the video, my apologies. Let me know where you appear so that I can caption it.
Wow, nice way to thread the pics together!

I have added the handles of the folks I remember. There are few more, but I don't know their handle..

2:46 - Blue shirt - Ecosportrules
2:49 - Green kurta - shifu
2:53 - Blue checks shirt - HighwayHopper
2:57 - Black shirt - DeepV
3:01 - Blue shirt - ngauravmalhotra
3:10 - light blue shirt - Lucifer1881
3:17 - Grey shirt - jetti
Old 23rd September 2016, 21:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the delay. I was quite busy winding up my work in Bangalore. Now that i am back to Hyderabad, I wanted to post some pictures I had taken:

The windmills at Peunkonda:

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-img_20160911_084443.jpg

Empty roads beckon:

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-img_20160911_084448.jpg

A Polo Tsi that Motoringlover was chasing:

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-img_20160911_092631.jpg

A closer look before we passed it:

Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016-img_20160911_092647.jpg

Edit: Whose Polo was it? It was well-driven.
Old 24th September 2016, 09:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A Polo Tsi that Motoringlover was chasing:
Edit: Whose Polo was it? It was well-driven.
That Polo belongs to @shetty_rohan. He is a regular on our overnight meets. This is a bonafide "spotting".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks